Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inside source: Jets interested in Mike Gillislee RB Gators

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets already have McKnight and Powell. Jets dont need another small RB if they plan on jetting SG out of NY.. If the jets keep Greene and Powell then drafting Gillislee wouldn't be a prob with me. U cant have Powell, McKnight & Gillislee without atleast 1 Smashmouth RB. 3 barely over 200 lb RB wont cut it in nfl...

Jets RB depth

Greene #1
    Gillislee #2
    Powell #3

That will work 4 me!!!
    I disagree with this because powell happens to be a good between the tackles runner, especially around the goal line.

I like the idea of a "power back" as a closer, but in todays NFL you want guys who are a threat out of the backfield as teams throw in short yardage a lot. I would love to have 2 backs who are interchangeable in powell and gillesilee and mcknight returning kicks and being the 3rd back and sometimes in the slot.

All Pro
    More gators sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I havent seen one mock draft yet that had Taylor in the second round, most in fact have him in the 4th round right now.
    Good for the mock drafts. (and most of those were made before the Senior Bowl)

After the Senior Bowl his status elevated him to at least a third round pick, if not a second.

Guess we'll see come late April.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I really want Joseph Randle from OK State. He seems to be a complete back.
    He is my favorite back in the draft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I really want Joseph Randle from OK State. He seems to be a complete back.
    Wow. I just saw his highlights. He looks like a good one. I'd love a Powell/Randle combo!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Good for the mock drafts. (and most of those were made before the Senior Bowl)

After the Senior Bowl his status elevated him to at least a third round pick, if not a second.

Guess we'll see come late April.
    His overall speed is going to keep him out of the second round. He is a nice player, I would love to have him, but the second round is high for him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I have not seen this kid play very much. But, after watching the above highlights a few times, I think there are a few things that are clear:
    • He really benefited from some great blocking in a majority of those plays. I didnít realize how sticky Floridaís linemen were. He was never touched when we ripped off a bunch of those runs.
    • Which leads me to my next observation, he has above average, but not great speed. We was caught from behind (often by more than one guy) on a number of those runs. You can rip off big plays in college with that type of speed, but not in the pros. They just close too fast.
    • He appears to be a one cut runner. He engage the defense at the point of attach and decide whether to advance or cut back against the grain. He was not very successful with a second move and will not make more than one person miss.
    • Finally, he always seems to go down after initial contact. He usually fell forward for another yard or two, but that was usually it. Iíd be concerned how he would fair against NFL caliber contact.

Again, I havenít seen the kid play more than a couple of times when they were on TV and I didnít remember much about him. But If I were looking for a comparison, Iíd probably say heís some type of Leon Washington. Anyone see anything more?

[QUOTE=rhyan66;4808318]I have not seen this kid play very much. But, after watching the above highlights a few times, I think there are a few things that are clear:
    • He really benefited from some great blocking in a majority of those plays. I didnít realize how sticky Floridaís linemen were. He was never touched when we ripped off a bunch of those runs.
    • Which leads me to my next observation, he has above average, but not great speed. We was caught from behind (often by more than one guy) on a number of those runs. You can rip off big plays in college with that type of speed, but not in the pros. They just close too fast.
    • He appears to be a one cut runner. He engage the defense at the point of attach and decide whether to advance or cut back against the grain. He was not very successful with a second move and will not make more than one person miss.
    • Finally, he always seems to go down after initial contact. He usually fell forward for another yard or two, but that was usually it. Iíd be concerned how he would fair against NFL caliber contact.

Again, I havenít seen the kid play more than a couple of times when they were on TV and I didnít remember much about him. But If I were looking for a comparison, Iíd probably say heís some type of Leon Washington. Anyone see anything more?[/QUOTE]

He is Joe McKnight allover. 5'11 206 , Nothin more nothin less..

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I think this kid would be a steal. Still hasn't reached his full potential.
    He looks great. I'd like him and Lacy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    I have not seen this kid play very much. But, after watching the above highlights a few times, I think there are a few things that are clear:

Again, I havenít seen the kid play more than a couple of times when they were on TV and I didnít remember much about him. But If I were looking for a comparison, Iíd probably say heís some type of Leon Washington. Anyone see anything more?
    In other words, he's a better fit for a zone blocking scheme. I don't think Marty plans on shaking that up. I think we oughta start with the Oline and see how a handful of regulars look first.