Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 345

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Very sorry to hear it. Hang in there, they're very good with power restoration in New England, you'll be back online soon.

    SAR I
    Thanks. I've got enouph propane to last about a week, so no real issue here. Had the foresight to order a refill before schedule early in the week. No cable is a bit of a drag, but with LTE internet and 800 GBs of video stored on an external HD we won't get too bored.

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Vin, as long as you have booze, there is hope.

    Good luck, muchacho. I'm heading out to snow blow about a foot of snow. Then, I gotta come in and make soup.
    Thanks. Just walked up the road and access is blocked by large fallen oak. That explains why I haven't seen town plow on my road or why my own guy hasn't shown to plow and shovel. MMMMMMmmmmmm....soup. Made a veal stew last night for tonight's dinner.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Jeebus how close to the ocean are you?
    About 100 feet from the historic high tide mark, and twenty feet above sea level.

  2. #222
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Just got in myself, the winds out there are a *****. Nothing like have the wind throw the snow right back in your face.


    I love to freak out the neighbors with the ski mask from time to time:



  3. #223
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,796
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Over 18" here and no power, cable, or internet. Running on generator and 4G LTE right now. Made it through last nights high tide. Bigger surge expected with this morning's soon. Wind still gusting over 60 mph. Lost two 100 year old oaks last night and a small chunk of lawn to the ocean. Could be much worse so we're grateful.
    Best of luck to you, Vin. Stay safe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

  4. #224
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    The whole RAPE concept would look more realistic in a Big Ben jersey...........

  5. #225
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Not too too bad here--although my dog is having a tough time going out. Plenty of Woodsford Reserve, beer and Red Wine, me and the GF made homemade pizza dough last night, never buying that bagged stuff again--made some great pizza. Making home made pasta tonite-got a pasta roller a few weeks ago and figured the perfect time to try it out. Probably pappardelle with a wild mushrooms and spinach sauce.



    SAR--two best restaurants in the Keys are Lattitudes on Sunset Key (ask for Oprah's table) and the restaurant at the Little Palm Island Resort. Neither, however, are good for kids--just you and the wife. Recommendations from FF2 and Baddniss. Both were extraordinary.

    http://www.westinsunsetkeycottages.c...titudes-aerial

    http://www.littlepalmisland.com/litt...ne-dining.aspx
    _

  6. #226
    It's 60 and sunny here.


  7. #227
    I worked the storm last night. At some points it was pretty ridiculous. Couldn't even see in front of the car, but overall it definitely wasn't as bad as they said it would be. At least in NJ.

    Feel sorry for the chowds.











    Meh, GFY

  8. #228
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,968
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in and are there any homes for sale???
    lol...Just got in. 4 hours, 9 houses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    It's really easy using Tapatalk. See...

    Lol...splain that. I have tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    LOL!


  9. #229
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Also all this talk of Florida is just torture on a day like this.


    SAR I

  10. #230
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

    SAR--two best restaurants in the Keys are Lattitudes on Sunset Key (ask for Oprah's table) and the restaurant at the Little Palm Island Resort. Neither, however, are good for kids--just you and the wife. Recommendations from FF2 and Baddniss. Both were extraordinary.

    http://www.westinsunsetkeycottages.c...titudes-aerial

    http://www.littlepalmisland.com/litt...ne-dining.aspx
    _
    Thanks, will definitely check them out. My oldest is 14, might leave him with the younger kids and take the wife out for something nice one night.

    SAR I

  11. #231
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

  12. #232
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lol...splain that. I have tapatalk
    When you reply on Tapatalk, there's a camera next to the Discard option. When you click the camera, Gallery or Camera will show up. Hit Camera, take a picture and hit Tapatalk Hosted. Like this picture of, uh... my elbow.


  13. #233
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    & LOL @ MonkeyButler

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post



    I concur

    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    When I saw you were the last reply I got a little nervous, looks like someone beat you to it.

  14. #234
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thanks, will definitely check them out. My oldest is 14, might leave him with the younger kids and take the wife out for something nice one night.

    SAR I
    If you go to Key West, you might like Louie's Back Yard. Not for kids but great for a date.

  15. #235
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    When you reply on Tapatalk, there's a camera next to the Discard option. When you click the camera, Gallery or Camera will show up. Hit Camera, take a picture and hit Tapatalk Hosted. Like this picture of, uh... my elbow.

    Holy Melanoma.

    Now I know why Ragoots swore off the back door.


    -

  16. #236
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,532
    Well well well..... About 6 hours to clear the fvcking driveway.... And my snowblower burst in to flames about 1/4 through it...

    There's a car under here



    First swipe down the driveway with the flame thrower.



    Pic of a flamer



    A car somewhere under that pile



    The boy on top of Snow Fvcking Mountain


  17. #237
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Well well well..... About 6 hours to clear the fvcking driveway.... And my snowblower burst in to flames about 1/4 through it...

    There's a car under here



    First swipe down the driveway with the flame thrower.



    Pic of a flamer



    A car somewhere under that pile



    The boy on top of Snow Fvcking Mountain

    Wow.






    The machine a total loss? I beat the balls off mine for 4 straight hours...got a little hairy when the sun started warming up the snow and it got heavy.

    I saw some parts of Ct. got 40 inches.....


    _

  18. #238
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Wow.






    The machine a total loss? I beat the balls off mine for 4 straight hours...got a little hairy when the sun started warming up the snow and it got heavy.

    I saw some parts of Ct. got 40 inches.....


    _
    No exaggeration, I'm in the 30 to 36 inch range. Some serious 4 to 5 foot drifts, too.

    Also got called for work tomorrow.... Something about checking a warehouse for roof loads, so they won't have to activate the 2.5 mile radius evacuation zone. FML.

    Snow blowers at least 30 years old. Ran over something, stopped it to unclog the chute. Pulled the rope to start it back up, and poof! The area by the carb flared up, then bigger poof and it started to engulf the engine, so I threw a shltload of snow on it, and pit the flames out. Restarted, but I can only eat the thing to idle speed on the engine, no higher. Idle throws snow about as far as Stokes snow is deep. Maybe rebuild the carb and see what happens, or bet the bullet and finally get a new one.

  19. #239
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    No exaggeration, I'm in the 30 to 36 inch range. Some serious 4 to 5 foot drifts, too.

    Also got called for work tomorrow.... Something about checking a warehouse for roof loads, so they won't have to activate the 2.5 mile radius evacuation zone. FML.

    Snow blowers at least 30 years old. Ran over something, stopped it to unclog the chute. Pulled the rope to start it back up, and poof! The area by the carb flared up, then bigger poof and it started to engulf the engine, so I threw a shltload of snow on it, and pit the flames out. Restarted, but I can only eat the thing to idle speed on the engine, no higher. Idle throws snow about as far as Stokes snow is deep. Maybe rebuild the carb and see what happens, or bet the bullet and finally get a new one.
    Hey, if you can rebuild the carb, at least try that. I wish I could do stuff like that. Would love to have learned a thing or two about gas engines, would have saved me alot of aggravation. Seems like I am repairing either my snowblower or generator every year due to crap gas. Even simple maintenance is beyond me....except for throwing some fuel preservative stuff in there.

    30 years is a home run, treat yourself.
    Last edited by 32green; 02-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.

  20. #240
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Hey, if you can rebuild the carb, at least try that. I wish I could do stuff like that. Would love to have learned a thing or two about gas engines, would have saved me alot of aggravation. Seems like I am repairing either my snowblower or generator every year due to crap gas. Even simple maintenance is beyond me....except for throwing some fuel preservative stuff in there.

    30 years is a home run, treat yourself.
    Pfft... If something's broke, take it apart and put it back together and see what happens. You can't break broken.

    That's my extent of a carb rebuild. Take it apart, clean everything in methylethylkeytone, and put it back together.

    Not sure what to do about the gas leak at the carb, though!

    Prolly time to get a new one. Of course, as soon as I do, it will never snow again.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us