Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That's my new "baby". A Taylor 214ce.

I've had it a few months putting it through its paces. Absolutely love the action on the ebony neck as well as the booming tone. I played just about everything in my price range (+/-$1,200) and kept coming back to it. Actually worked out a deal with Sweetwater to buy it for about $850!

sweet...hope it gives you pleasure for a long time.

for many of us there seems to be a chasing the wind factor with instuments, just looking for the perfect sound. i recently tried modifying my vox practice amp to get a little more headroom out of it, but I pretty much just modified the vox sound right out of it.

but it is louder

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Did it only come in black?

Got the big 5-0 coming up and it may require some expenditure.

Im ashamed to say my 30 year old GUild (I'm original owner) is trashed to shyte. My brother dropped it down the stairs years ago, cracked the top pretty good and I stopped really babying it since. No excuse, I just got sloppy with it.

-
    Natural too. I just wanted black.

Go play a bunch of instruments. That's half the fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Natural too. I just wanted black.

Go play a bunch of instruments. That's half the fun.
    Once you go bl...

you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

for many of us there seems to be a chasing the wind factor with instuments, just looking for the perfect sound. i recently tried modifying my vox practice amp to get a little more headroom out of it, but I pretty much just modified the vox sound right out of it.

but it is louder
    Thanks, Timmy. The chasing concept is dead on.

Taylor's 214ce has some laminated components, which had me skeptical at the beginning. (Guess it was the only way for them to make an instrument in a lower price range.) But I just fell in love with the sound and feel, which is what it's about anyway.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

for many of us there seems to be a chasing the wind factor with instuments,
    I think guitars are like chicks. You can line up a thousand of them, and find something to like in each, and along with that... a renewed vigor and interest.

Or so I've heard.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Passion Pit
    Sweeeet.

Although I gotta say Gossamer was kind of disappointing after Manners.

That's my new "baby". A Taylor 214ce.

I've had it a few months putting it through its paces. Absolutely love the action on the ebony neck as well as the booming tone. I played just about everything in my price range (+/-$1,200) and kept coming back to it. Actually worked out a deal with Sweetwater to buy it for about $850!
    I thought it was a Taylor. Awesome. I own the 810. REALLY have enjoyed it. Bought it in 96 for about $1,800 or so. We need a JI jam session!
    Somehow I think you and WCO will blow us away.

I think guitars are like chicks. You can line up a thousand of them, and find something to like in each, and along with that... a renewed vigor and interest.

-
    While the humor is funny...the truth to this is something. Every time I go to a gig and strum a quasi professionals guitar I say..."I want this thing". I played a gibson acoustic (about a $3K guitar) the other night, was awesome.

Remember my guitar thread a few months back? Seriously..for the big 5-0, you owe it to your self to find a dealer in NY that sells a Stonebridge and play one, even if you dont like it, you tried it. I like the Stonebridge better than the Taylor. Sort of like comparing a lexus to infiniti. Both are great but the Stonebridge is really sweet sounding, low action and just a blast to play.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 02-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I thought it was a Taylor. Awesome. I own the 810. REALLY have enjoyed it. Bought it in 96 for about $1,800 or so.
    That's a nice guitar. Sadly, over my budget even at 1996 prices.

The 214ce is a lower level Taylor, but you would not know it once you play the guitar. Like all Taylor's, the projection is what grabs you. Then, that ebony neck is smooth as silk. I'm still pinching myself that I scored such a fine guitar for that price.

Jets Insider VIP
    **** you guys and your guitars, I want to talk about snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    If it snows...you can stay home and tutor your kid in math!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sweeeet.

Although I gotta say Gossamer was kind of disappointing after Manners.
    I concur but I hope they play more of the Manners Stuff

Disheartening to hear that Taylor is selling fake wood for $800+. I guess the market is dictating that they sell cheaper stuff but the Taylor brand I bought into 10 years ago was different. They were all about quality instruments. I'm not trying to say that this 210 series isn't a quality instrument... but really, cutting corners on a 10$ piece of wood?

Have all businesses abandoned integrity for the "Almighty Dollar"?

This is why I'll be purchasing my next guitar from a quality hand made company that isn't about mass producing but about building a quality instrument. Most likely a Collings guitar (roughly 1000 guitars per year made).

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

SAR I

All League
    Fatcessa just said nothing to worry about, ogay. Then somone called him up and told him to go worry about his house on Long Island!!! ogay?

Jets Insider VIP
    30 inches doesn't seem like too much, especially after Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Disheartening to hear that Taylor is selling fake wood for $800+. I guess the market is dictating that they sell cheaper stuff but the Taylor brand I bought into 10 years ago was different. They were all about quality instruments. I'm not trying to say that this 210 series isn't a quality instrument... but really, cutting corners on a 10$ piece of wood?

Have all businesses abandoned integrity for the "Almighty Dollar"?

This is why I'll be purchasing my next guitar from a quality hand made company that isn't about mass producing but about building a quality instrument. Most likely a Collings guitar (roughly 1000 guitars per year made).
    I felt the same way until I played the guitar. It might have the best feel and tone of anything I've ever played, including my old 60s era Martin. I know it sounds insane.

I felt the same way until I played the guitar. It might have the best feel and tone of anything I've ever played, including my old 60s era Martin. I know it sounds insane.
    At least you admit it. Because there's no way... none.

Must be all the years you've spent in front of that Marshall stack.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    At least you admit it. Because there's no way... none.

Must be all the years you've spent in front of that Marshall stack.
    I wish. Was a bass player in my halcyon days. Sunn man back then.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Was supposed to leave tomorrow eve to go skiing, so of course, ironically, snow may prevent me. Guess I have to play this one completely by ear.

Either way, every channel will have hoody jacketed mongos standing on the side of roads ALL DAY going (SuperSLeet13 ominous theme music)...."YOu can see the plow behind me....dont know where he's going...(bends down)..this is a substance known as sleet...are you getting this..it sometimes comes before Snow, so yes, this is starting...(runs up to car) Hello, why are you out here...in the storm (Driver; Ees no snow ees rain?) There you have it ladies and gentlemen, back to you in the studio, Bob, Jim, DOnna and Dr Steve.
    -
    Of all that gold, the Dr. Steve part got me.

You could always take a bus to the Poconos. Check with SAR - he takes it all the time.