Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    One thing to also point out is the temp near nyc of the water is 41 and is 5 degree above the mean.That suggests the thermal contrast along a constant pressure surface already 40 degrees over 300 miles...will get extra gulf stream heat content from the water.That is capable of explosive cyclogensis of a low and crazy thunder snow.In 2006 the 26 inch system has 3 - 7 inch hr rates and quickly produced insane snow.Just some of the power of this.
    Interesting stuff.... Here is a image of the gulf stream from earlier today before the clouds got too thick. Warm water is far north.... Fuel for the storm engine...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    NYC should grow a pair.

It's just snow. Not a tsunami or an asteroid.
    We get it.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    We get it.

-
    Yeah. But did you buy bread and milk. You know, there might not be any for upwards of 2 days.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Retired Nws met...take my word.
    Why or when does one retire as a meteorologist? Do you just lose it? Is your pointer finger worn out? Lose to much hair?

What do you move on to? Does everyone try to follow Al Roker's footsteps and get a Nat'l gig?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Yeah. But did you buy bread and milk. You know, there might not be any for upwards of 2 days.
    Obviously, you werent here for the storms CookieMonsta is referring to, so keep laughing.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Interesting band. How would you classify them? Electronic-Pop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bmg3h7RSM4
    Based on our previous conversations... you wouldn't like them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Obviously, you werent here for the storms CookieMonsta is referring to, so keep laughing.

-
    I'm really worried about SAR's low pressure gas situation.

We may need to send Ted out there...armed with a Taco Bell Sampler Platter and a 4 pack of Guinness to get his gas up to the recommended levels.

Ecmwf or the European has 18 - 24 over nyc metro.24 near queens...22 in the park and 20 on staten island.Take this to the bank,within 24 hrs Euro is deadly accurate.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I had lunch with a client today who is planning on leaving for Stratton tomorrow night around 6pm. We started taking bets as to what time, if at all, he makes it up there.

He's basically the Andrea Gail heading back from the Flemish Cap.

Bad Idea Jeans.
    when am I going to be in Haiti again???

The guys on tv are using the Gfs american model as always and only have 6 - 12 for metro nyc.As always they will increase it at the last minute when the storm is destoying us with snow...no shock.

Also the fact they dont show 18 - 24 for nyc right now is a miss service to all of you guys and the population who don't understand how bad this storm will be.I am trying my best to get the word out.60 mph gusts and 18 - 24 inch snows with massive drifts.Sure sound like fun.

Hall Of Fame
    Also the fact they dont show 18 - 24 for nyc right now is a miss service to all of you guys and the population who don't understand how bad this storm will be.I am trying my best to get the word out.60 mph gusts and 18 - 24 inch snows with massive drifts.Sure sound like fun.
    Lol. Drifts.

Lmao

Drifts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I've been telling everyone in my office - who will listen - that CookieMonsta says that its going to be an epic storm.

They're all looking at me funny. What did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Based on our previous conversations... you wouldn't like them.

LOL. See, for some reason, they sounded interesting. Not a rock vibe, but enjoyed the different structure.

Hall Of Fame
    Are you just being a fool man? Nyc...and I repeat has never had 30 inches...most 26.That would be biggest snow in history.That would shut it down completely.
    Time to man up, Sally.

Hall Of Fame
    Southern Nassau County got almost 4ft a few yrs ago. And people in Buffalo are calling you a wuss right now. Right. Now.

I'm on the water so it's the storm surge and high tides and wind that's the worry for me. The major snows, two feet plus are up north in Boston and points north and west, but even a foot here with hurricane force winds could be devastating. We're hearing 80 mph gusts. The supermarkets were a mass of humanity today. Could get really ugly. Nothing to take lightly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'm on the water so it's the storm surge and high tides and wind that's the worry for me. The major snows, two feet plus are up north in Boston and points north and west, but even a foot here with hurricane force winds could be devastating. We're hearing 80 mph gusts. The supermarkets were a mass of humanity today. Could get really ugly. Nothing to take lightly.
    Be safe - even if Quantum thinks you're a pvssy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No, but who wants to go out and buy it mid-storm? Not me.
    The lines at the liquor store were quite brisk this evening as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Just checked my Ariens . She's ready to go.

Good luck to everyone. Be safe.