Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Was supposed to leave tomorrow eve to go skiing, so of course, ironically, snow may prevent me. Guess I have to play this one completely by ear.

Either way, every channel will have hoody jacketed mongos standing on the side of roads ALL DAY going (SuperSLeet13 ominous theme music)...."YOu can see the plow behind me....dont know where he's going...(bends down)..this is a substance known as sleet...are you getting this..it sometimes comes before Snow, so yes, this is starting...(runs up to car) Hello, why are you out here...in the storm (Driver; Ees no snow ees rain?) There you have it ladies and gentlemen, back to you in the studio, Bob, Jim, DOnna and Dr Steve.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Of all that gold, the Dr. Steve part got me.

You could always take a bus to the Poconos. Check with SAR - he takes it all the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    From what i've seen I dont expect anything extreme for the NYC area...4-8 inches no big deal.

Boston and The Cape on the other hand...

Also no weather thread can be complete without a big F U to the weather channel. Naming winter storms, hyping up the hysteria. **** should be illegal.

aaaaaahhhhh!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Fatcessa just said nothing to worry about, ogay. Then somone called him up and told him to go worry about his house on Long Island!!! ogay?
    Mike ripped into that guy.. stating that we were going to get 4-6 inches period...and to mock him started reading the weather from the National Weather service every hour. Well. Guess what? Mike is now announcing up to 6-10 inches.. it has gone up every time he has read the report....and he never mentioned the caller again.

Btw, there has been at least 3 pranks on him today, including one where the guy asked Mike if he was going to do SUmo. lol

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Of all that gold, the Dr. Steve part got me.

You could always take a bus to the Poconos. Check with SAR - he takes it all the time.
    No buses to where I go. If NY is ok tomorrow night , Pa should be fine as it should be past them by then.

Btw, I used to deal with FOx Fives Mike SHeehan and he was the Union Rep. for the station. He used to complain about having to defend "Dr. Steve" about allegations of flashing his cawk to the female talent on CHannel five, ala ANchorman. He finally got fired for it.

-

32, you ever get through to Mike and blurt out JetsInsider.com?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    32, you ever get through to Mike and blurt out JetsInsider.com?
    No, I havent had time to hang on the line. They are all raised up today because Mike got hit 3 times already.

-

No, I havent had time to hang on the line. They are all raised up today because Mike got hit 3 times already.

-
    I bet. I tried to get through a few times to no avail. I'll give it a go again at some point. One of us has to do this.

I still want to ask Mike what he thinks of the Soothsayer over at JetsInsider.com. LOL.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

No buses to where I go. If NY is ok tomorrow night , Pa should be fine as it should be past them by then.

Btw, I used to deal with FOx Fives Mike SHeehan and he was the Union Rep. for the station. He used to complain about having to defend "Dr. Steve" about allegations of flashing his cawk to the female talent on CHannel five, ala ANchorman. He finally got fired for it.

-
    I had lunch with a client today who is planning on leaving for Stratton tomorrow night around 6pm. We started taking bets as to what time, if at all, he makes it up there.

He's basically the Andrea Gail heading back from the Flemish Cap.

Bad Idea Jeans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Passion Pit
    Very cool, have a great time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sweeeet.

Although I gotta say Gossamer was kind of disappointing after Manners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I concur but I hope they play more of the Manners Stuff
    Gossamer has grown on me after multiple listens. Definitely darker, but after reading what the singer was/is still going through, it makes sense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    It's been nice knowing you all.

link?

Nyc to see 18 - 24 inches snow/Blizzard...disco below

Latest numerical models have picked up on a quicker phase between a polar and a strong sub tropical disturbance.Airmass across region is a modified polar continental airmass...which at the onset over nyc will not favor snow....but dynamical cooling with intense bands will lower temps to upper - mid 20s later friday night.Through 6 - 8 pm mix with coating to 1 for nyc metro/long island.8pm - 10 am expect 2 - 3 inch hour rates and heavy snow which will quickly make up for a mix.This storm has incredible dynamics and only matched by the dec 26 2010 storm and the 1996 blizzard.Dynamics is known as the upper atmosphere and it's quite intense in this situation compensating for meager at best sfc temps initially over nyc of 35 degrees.Please be prepared and not be caught on the roads by 8pm tomorrow...which some here are still in the rush hour.

Also to note this is our biggest noreaster since Sandy here...but this is not about surge guys.This storm is moving parallel to the coastline and the main right front quad is over the ocean which is some good news.But the quick onset blizzard tomorrow night from nyc - boston is worrisome.People need to be ready and not be stranded,especially given its a Friday.Over the years we only got snowstorms on the weekends...not this case.

All League
    doubtful.

link or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    doubtful.

link or it didn't happen
    Retired Nws met...take my word.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    30 inches doesn't seem like too much, especially after Sandy.
    Are you just being a fool man? Nyc...and I repeat has never had 30 inches...most 26.That would be biggest snow in history.That would shut it down completely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone else supposed to fly home from Orlando tomorrow?

One thing to also point out is the temp near nyc of the water is 41 and is 5 degree above the mean.That suggests the thermal contrast along a constant pressure surface already 40 degrees over 300 miles...will get extra gulf stream heat content from the water.That is capable of explosive cyclogensis of a low and crazy thunder snow.In 2006 the 26 inch system has 3 - 7 inch hr rates and quickly produced insane snow.Just some of the power of this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Anyone else supposed to fly home from Orlando tomorrow?
    What time, dingus?

-

Jets Insider VIP
    All of this over 30" of forecasted snow?

We got 22" the other day and they didn't even cancel school.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    All of this over 30" of forecasted snow?

We got 22" the other day and they didn't even cancel school.
    The 2010 storm had 20 in nyc and it completely shut it down for 2 days.This is nothing to play for especially on a commute day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    The 2010 storm had 20 in nyc and it completely shut it down for 2 days.This is nothing to play for especially on a commute day.
    NYC should grow a pair.

It's just snow. Not a tsunami or an asteroid.