Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 345

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

  1. #301
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Or you, for that matter.

    Its not easy getting through.



    -
    When I was young we had a local AM radio show called "The Trading Post" - old people with smokers cough would call in and try and sell thing like three year old snow tires for eighty percent of what they paid new. My brother and I harassed that poor host for a year or two.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 02-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.

  2. #302
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You got facts to back this statement up?
    Just watch a Braves or Hawks game on tv. Proof enough for me. Not to mention that at the prices they charge, they are basically giving tickets away.

  3. #303
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,581
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Or you, for that matter.

    Its not easy getting through.



    -
    If you have nothing to do just keep hitting redial and put your phone on speaker. I've been on a couple of times. Once I came within half a question to winning Superbowl tickets.

  4. #304
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    If you have nothing to do just keep hitting redial and put your phone on speaker. I've been on a couple of times. Once I came within half a question to winning Superbowl tickets.
    yes I remember that

  5. #305
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    When I was young we had a local AM radio show called "The Trading Post" - old people with smokers cough would call in and try and sell thing like three year old snow tires for eighty percent of what they paid new. My brother and I harassed that poor host for a year or two.
    Howard Sterns flunkies hits either the same show, or an identical show on a fairly regular basis. Very funny stuff. The virually have a call into every spot on the que, so when he hangs up on the first caller, the same guy is now the second caller and just continues the schtick on the poor host. Third caller, same thing.


  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yes I remember that
    Of course you do. You could take down any marriage on this website with all of your collected info over the years.

  7. #307
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Of course you do. You could take down any marriage on this website with all of your collected info over the years.
    If you dont think there are life sized photos of you all over his cabin you are mistaken. I picture a little fella, much like Clarence from Its a wonderful Life, complete with nighshirt, throwing asides at them as he scarfs down his mid-morn porridge.

    "Sign, that beast, says I , lololol"

    "COmmon, lololol"

    "Pick up your phone, Mark! lololol"
    -

  8. #308
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Of course you do. You could take down any marriage on this website with all of your collected info over the years.
    I would expect this response from a Union man.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    If you dont think there are life sized photos of you all over his cabin you are mistaken. I picture a little fella, much like Clarence from Its a wonderful Life, complete with nighshirt, throwing asides at them as he scarfs down his mid-morn porridge.

    "Sign, that beast, says I , lololol"

    "COmmon, lololol"

    "Pick up your phone, Mark! lololol"
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I would expect this response from a Union man.







  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Just watch a Braves or Hawks game on tv. Proof enough for me. Not to mention that at the prices they charge, they are basically giving tickets away.
    I already told you why people can't get to those games on the weekday. Coupled with the fact that the ASG who owns the Hawks are the worst ownership group to ever own a team, let alone 2 teams. They purchased both teams and Phillips Arena, immediately tried to sell the Thrashers, got caught in a 5 year legal battle during which they actively sabotaged the Thrashers and their fanbase like a page out of the script from Major League just so they could kill fan interest. They're currently looking for a majority owner to buy the Hawks. They've neglected to upgrade or maintain Phillips Arena. There are sections where they block of restrooms, vending, etc... like they are dead zones.

    Not to mention that their fanbase lives in the suburbs of Atlanta, the horrendous traffic problems (most people commute to Atlanta from the suburbs which means they'd have to drive back home and then back to Atlanta to go to the games... not happening), the fact that both facilities are surrounded by high crime areas and there isn't a mass transit system at all... yeah, you're not gonna get great attendance.

    But regardless of all of these FACTS... here are some that you outsiders refuse to accept.

    1. Atlanta Braves 10 year average attendance is 14th best in the league. The Mets (8 million population) averaged 10th. In 3 of those years the Braves had better attendance. Despite having 4 times the population, the NY Mets could barely out draw the Atlanta Braves. That doesn't include NJ's population either. They routinely out draw Chicago and Philly and other metropolitan cities that people consider "sports towns". So clearly you are wrong about the Braves.

    2. The Atlanta Falcons have out drawn the NY Jets based on percentage of seats for the last 4 years. NYG 96.95%, ATL 96.55%, NYJ 95.73%. That's how it ranks, so once again you are wrong on another professional sports level.

    3. The Atlanta Hawks ownership is garbage. The fans hate them. The fans hate Phillips Arena. Despite that, they have outdrawn Philly, NJ, and about 8 others teams for the past 6 years. The Hawks have been so poorly managed and run for the past 20 years it's amazing that they even still have a fan base. Their still not the worst draw in the league despite being the 5th option for most fans to even care about.

    So basically, the Hawks are the only team that has poor attendance. The Braves and the Falcons are among the better attended teams in their leagues. But yet the uninformed keep spitting out the same ignorant statements about Atlanta sports fans and their "apathy". But whatever. Carry on being misinformed and repeating the same stupidity that you heard from some moron shock jock on the radio.

  11. #311
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post






    Timmmys not here for the football, if you get my meaning.

    Have you ever relocated.... immediately... before?

    -

  12. #312
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Timmmys not here for the football, if you get my meaning.

    Have you ever relocated.... immediately... before?

    -
    I'm sorry your father bought that crappy AMC car that give him so much grief

  13. #313
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I already told you why people can't get to those games on the weekday. Coupled with the fact that the ASG who owns the Hawks are the worst ownership group to ever own a team, let alone 2 teams. They purchased both teams and Phillips Arena, immediately tried to sell the Thrashers, got caught in a 5 year legal battle during which they actively sabotaged the Thrashers and their fanbase like a page out of the script from Major League just so they could kill fan interest. They're currently looking for a majority owner to buy the Hawks. They've neglected to upgrade or maintain Phillips Arena. There are sections where they block of restrooms, vending, etc... like they are dead zones.

    Not to mention that their fanbase lives in the suburbs of Atlanta, the horrendous traffic problems (most people commute to Atlanta from the suburbs which means they'd have to drive back home and then back to Atlanta to go to the games... not happening), the fact that both facilities are surrounded by high crime areas and there isn't a mass transit system at all... yeah, you're not gonna get great attendance.

    But regardless of all of these FACTS... here are some that you outsiders refuse to accept.

    1. Atlanta Braves 10 year average attendance is 14th best in the league. The Mets (8 million population) averaged 10th. In 3 of those years the Braves had better attendance. Despite having 4 times the population, the NY Mets could barely out draw the Atlanta Braves. That doesn't include NJ's population either. They routinely out draw Chicago and Philly and other metropolitan cities that people consider "sports towns". So clearly you are wrong about the Braves.

    2. The Atlanta Falcons have out drawn the NY Jets based on percentage of seats for the last 4 years. NYG 96.95%, ATL 96.55%, NYJ 95.73%. That's how it ranks, so once again you are wrong on another professional sports level.

    3. The Atlanta Hawks ownership is garbage. The fans hate them. The fans hate Phillips Arena. Despite that, they have outdrawn Philly, NJ, and about 8 others teams for the past 6 years. The Hawks have been so poorly managed and run for the past 20 years it's amazing that they even still have a fan base. Their still not the worst draw in the league despite being the 5th option for most fans to even care about.

    So basically, the Hawks are the only team that has poor attendance. The Braves and the Falcons are among the better attended teams in their leagues. But yet the uninformed keep spitting out the same ignorant statements about Atlanta sports fans and their "apathy". But whatever. Carry on being misinformed and repeating the same stupidity that you heard from some moron shock jock on the radio.
    I dont care about any of the reasons you listed. All teams fans could have a plethora of reasons for not showing up, but they do. Crappy pro sports town, sorry but thats just how it is. NY is a crappy college sports town, not a big deal.

    And it is laughable that you would call the Braves one of the better attended teams in the league, when their home playoff games have scores of empty seats. And the Braves have been in contention almost every year for the past 10 years and are the only MLB team in like a 500 mile radius. That is absolutely pathetic that they would be 14th when you consider those factors.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 02-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Timmmys not here for the football, if you get my meaning.

    Have you ever relocated.... immediately... before?

    -
    Asked Sooth to nuke my account. I've stolen a car and put the poncho on. Headed for the border.

  15. #315
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I'm sorry your father bought that crappy AMC car that give him so much grief
    If you only could have seen that poor little Irishman, white dress shirt, black pants, socks and shoes...cup o tay on the table... intently writing letters to the President of the United States about his "lemon".

    And you know what Gerald Ford did?

    Cawk.


    -

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I dont care about any of the reasons you listed. All teams fans could have a plethora of reasons for not showing up, but they do. Crappy pro sports town, sorry but thats just how it is. NY is a crappy college sports town, not a big deal.

    And it is laughable that you would call the Braves one of the better attended teams in the league, when their home playoff games have scores of empty seats. And the Braves have been in contention almost every year for the past 10 years and are the only pro MLB team in like an 800 mile radius. That is absolutely pathetic that they would be 14th when you consider those factors.
    And there it is, the most obvious reason people like you say the same dumb thing over and over... because there were some empty seats at a Braves playoff game one year. A dumb statement only heard on NY radio.

    They outdraw more than half of the league bro. You don't care about the facts? Yeah, lets see how your playoff theory holds up:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUwCVW07jSU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBf-MvIwgKg

    "This crowd has been crazy all night." Sold out stadium. Nearly incited a riot. Yeah, we have bad fans.

    Lets see if you have the balls to go into Turner Field or the Dome and tell those people that they aren't good fans.
    Last edited by southside; 02-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

  17. #317
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    And there it is, the most obvious reason people like you say the same dumb thing over and over... because there were some empty seats at a Braves playoff game one year. A dumb statement only heard on NY radio.

    They outdraw more than half of the league bro. You don't care about the facts? Yeah, lets see how your playoff theory holds up:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUwCVW07jSU

    "This crowd has been crazy all night." Sold out stadium. Nearly incited a riot. Yeah, we have bad fans.
    So you accuse me of cherry picking, and then cherry pick one game to prove your right?

    Cmon now.

    Great Southern Hospitality there too.

    According to ESPN the Mets sold 7% more of their stadium last year than the Braves did. That tells you alll you need to know. You want to argue that ATL is a decent pro sports town, okay I guess, Ill give it to you. Dont try and convince me that the Braves are a well attended team though. That is just not an argument you can win. Scrolling through those same stats, since 2001 the Braves are consistently right around #20 in terms of percentage attendance. Pathetic considering the factors I previously mentioned.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 02-11-2013 at 03:58 PM.

  18. #318
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    If you only could have seen that poor little Irishman, white dress shirt, black pants, socks and shoes...cup o tay on the table... intently writing letters to the President of the United States about his "lemon".

    And you know what Gerald Ford did?

    Cawk.


    -
    I'm sorry I don't recall the model - was it a Hornet?

  19. #319
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Crappy pro sports town, sorry but thats just how it is.
    Been to 3 Falcons games in Atlanta and had a ball tailgating, and the crowd was great. Packed house each time. Hardly any drunken shenanigans (except for us) One was a Monday night Jet game, and the crowd couldnt have been friendlier.

    My two cents on the Football end of it.

    -

  20. #320
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Been to 3 Falcons games in Atlanta and had a ball tailgating, and the crowd was great. Packed house each time. Hardly any drunken shenanigans (except for us) One was a Monday night Jet game, and the crowd couldnt have been friendlier.

    My two cense on the Football end of it.

    -
    Im talking more baseball and nba here 32. The NFL is obviously on another level. Nice to know though.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us