Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 345

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

  1. #321
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Im talking more baseball and nba here 32. The NFL is obviously on another level. Nice to know though.
    arguing with Southside about Hawks and Braves fans - probably two post material max. otherwise...

  2. #322
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    arguing with Southside about Hawks and Braves fans - probably two post material max. otherwise...
    Slow work day tim tim.

  3. #323
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So you accuse me of cherry picking, and then cherry pick one game to prove your right?

    Cmon now.

    Great Southern Hospitality there too.

    According to ESPN the Mets sold 7% more of their stadium than the Braves did. That tells you alll you need to know. You want to argue that ATL is a decent pro sports town, okay I guess, Ill give it to you. Dont try and convince me that the Braves are a well attended team though. That is just not an argument you can win.
    Except by the numbers they out drew the Mets 3 out of the last 10 years. And average 14th on the list... which isn't a percentage base... it's the physical butts in seats number. I don't know why you refuse to believe facts bro. Check ESPN's numbers again. Maybe it's because Turner Field is bigger than the Mets field?

    Maybe 10 years ago after the Braves were in the playoffs for a record 14 straight years the fans got a little bit spoiled. I can guarantee you that this new generation of fans, my generation, are quite rabid and care a whole lot about the Braves and the Falcons. That game I showed you was our first game in the playoffs in 2 years. People were going bananas.

    I don't mean to be rude, but I can't stand to hear that Atlanta isn't a good sports town. It's not true. The fans here care and my generation is starting to take over for the last generation in terms of fan support... and these people are serious about their Braves and Falcons. And yes, it goes without saying that UGA is one of the best attended/biggest parties in college football. That entire city is a party on gameday. You can find similar atmospheres all around the SEC with the heavy hitters like Aurburn, Tennessee, etc... and not to mention we also host the most prestigious golf tournament in the world in Augusta.

    It's a great sports town with tons of sporting options and a good fanbase that supports it's teams better than half of the league.

  4. #324
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Howard Sterns flunkies hits either the same show, or an identical show on a fairly regular basis. Very funny stuff. The virually have a call into every spot on the que, so when he hangs up on the first caller, the same guy is now the second caller and just continues the schtick on the poor host. Third caller, same thing.

    a quick google search shows there are dozens if not hundreds of shows with the name Trading Post. that guy hung up when he heard our voice. sometimes we'd get through and sound legit.. I'm selling a smith corona typewriter in excellent shape with a new ribbon - I'd like $35 dollars..a shovel with a lot of life left - I'll take no less than six dollars....YOUR WIFE"S FAT A$$ FOR EIGHT CENTS! Bwahahaha!

  5. #325
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Except by the numbers they out drew the Mets 3 out of the last 10 years. And average 14th on the list... which isn't a percentage base... it's the physical butts in seats number. I don't know why you refuse to believe facts bro. Check ESPN's numbers again. Maybe it's because Turner Field is bigger than the Mets field?

    Maybe 10 years ago after the Braves were in the playoffs for a record 14 straight years the fans got a little bit spoiled. I can guarantee you that this new generation of fans, my generation, are quite rabid and care a whole lot about the Braves and the Falcons. That game I showed you was our first game in the playoffs in 2 years. People were going bananas.

    I don't mean to be rude, but I can't stand to hear that Atlanta isn't a good sports town. It's not true. The fans here care and my generation is starting to take over for the last generation in terms of fan support... and these people are serious about their Braves and Falcons. And yes, it goes without saying that UGA is one of the best attended/biggest parties in college football. That entire city is a party on gameday. You can find similar atmospheres all around the SEC with the heavy hitters like Aurburn, Tennessee, etc... and not to mention we also host the most prestigious golf tournament in the world in Augusta.

    It's a great sports town with tons of sporting options and a good fanbase that supports it's teams better than half of the league.
    Percentage base is clearly a better indicator of true loyalty. The Braves probably outdrew the RedSox, does that make their fans more loyal than the RedSox. Cmon, you are better than this.

    And I never questioned the City's passion for the college game. I have no arguments with you there.

  6. #326
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Been to 3 Falcons games in Atlanta and had a ball tailgating, and the crowd was great. Packed house each time. Hardly any drunken shenanigans (except for us) One was a Monday night Jet game, and the crowd couldnt have been friendlier.

    My two cents on the Football end of it.

    -
    +1

    I just showed a video of last years playoff game for the Braves. It was sold out. Every seat. The fans were great. It was very disappointing to everyone with the way that stupid 1 game playoff turned out. None the less, we have good fans here. And when a team sucks and is mired in bad ownership for 20 years (like the Hawks have) it's no surprise that people aren't jumping out of their seats to go to that arena. I watch almost all of the games on TV though. Same for the Braves.

    I apologize for my rabid defense of the dirty dirty. Representing the A-Town.

    Ok, I'll shut up now.

  7. #327
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Except by the numbers they out drew the Mets 3 out of the last 10 years. And average 14th on the list... which isn't a percentage base... it's the physical butts in seats number. I don't know why you refuse to believe facts bro. Check ESPN's numbers again. Maybe it's because Turner Field is bigger than the Mets field?

    Maybe 10 years ago after the Braves were in the playoffs for a record 14 straight years the fans got a little bit spoiled. I can guarantee you that this new generation of fans, my generation, are quite rabid and care a whole lot about the Braves and the Falcons. That game I showed you was our first game in the playoffs in 2 years. People were going bananas.

    I don't mean to be rude, but I can't stand to hear that Atlanta isn't a good sports town. It's not true. The fans here care and my generation is starting to take over for the last generation in terms of fan support... and these people are serious about their Braves and Falcons. And yes, it goes without saying that UGA is one of the best attended/biggest parties in college football. That entire city is a party on gameday. You can find similar atmospheres all around the SEC with the heavy hitters like Aurburn, Tennessee, etc... and not to mention we also host the most prestigious golf tournament in the world in Augusta.

    It's a great sports town with tons of sporting options and a good fanbase that supports it's teams better than half of the league.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Percentage base is clearly a better indicator of true loyalty. The Braves probably outdrew the RedSox, does that make their fans more loyal than the RedSox. Cmon, you are better than this.

    And I never questioned the City's passion for the college game. I have no arguments with you there.
    Mods...please move this to The Boring Sh*t Corner

  8. #328
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Mods...please move this to The Boring Sh*t Corner
    Its like watching the science teacher from Fastimes debate himself about Bunson burners.

    Except boringer.

    -

  9. #329
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Percentage base is clearly a better indicator of true loyalty. The Braves probably outdrew the RedSox, does that make their fans more loyal than the RedSox. Cmon, you are better than this.

    And I never questioned the City's passion for the college game. I have no arguments with you there.
    Last year, 2,420,171 people went to see the Braves play in Atlanta.
    Last year, 2,242,803 people went to see the Mets play in NY.

    We had 2 million more people go to Atlanta games than the Mets had. The Mets just built a new stadium that is smaller than Turner Field. I don't know why you are using the % ratings to try and discredit the facts. I caught you in a blatant web of uninformed spitter spatter and you are beside yourself trying to reach for anything to discredit the truth because you made a dumb statement about Atlanta not being a sports town which is a stupid perpetuated lie spread by idiot Mets fans because of their jealousy that the Braves kicked their ass for 14 straight seasons and 3 more recently.

    You said Atlanta is a bad sports town. I showed you that we supported our team better than NYC supported the Mets. Admit you are wrong already.

  10. #330
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I caught you in a blatant web of uninformed spitter spatter
    I invented this.


    -

  11. #331
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I invented this.


    -
    You will not take credit for my work.

    Good day, sir.

  12. #332
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Good day, sir.
    Aaaaaaaand I invented this, with the surprising M'am twist.

    -

  13. #333
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I'm sorry your father bought that crappy AMC car that give him so much grief
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqTff7ht1-E

  14. #334
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Last year, 2,420,171 people went to see the Braves play in Atlanta.
    Last year, 2,242,803 people went to see the Mets play in NY.

    We had 2 million more people go to Atlanta games than the Mets had. The Mets just built a new stadium that is smaller than Turner Field. I don't know why you are using the % ratings to try and discredit the facts. I caught you in a blatant web of uninformed spitter spatter and you are beside yourself trying to reach for anything to discredit the truth because you made a dumb statement about Atlanta not being a sports town which is a stupid perpetuated lie spread by idiot Mets fans because of their jealousy that the Braves kicked their ass for 14 straight seasons and 3 more recently.

    You said Atlanta is a bad sports town. I showed you that we supported our team better than NYC supported the Mets. Admit you are wrong already.
    Try 200,000 more for a team that made the playoffs and had no competing teams within 500 miles. Not really a crowning achievement there. Percentage, while not a perfect indicator is better than total attendance imo. You want to say the Braves fans supported there team better last year than the Mets, fine. They absolutely should have. That doesn't change the fact that for a perenial contender their attendance figures are pretty low and when the two teams are both good, the Mets destroy the Braves in attendance figures. Its not even close.

    I dont agree with your assertion. I am pretty sure most wouldn't.

    Im done now, this is boring as hell.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 02-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.

  15. #335
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Last year, 2,420,171 people went to see the Braves play in Atlanta.
    Last year, 2,242,803 people went to see the Mets play in NY.

    We had 2 million more people go to Atlanta games than the Mets had. The Mets just built a new stadium that is smaller than Turner Field. I don't know why you are using the % ratings to try and discredit the facts. I caught you in a blatant web of uninformed spitter spatter and you are beside yourself trying to reach for anything to discredit the truth because you made a dumb statement about Atlanta not being a sports town which is a stupid perpetuated lie spread by idiot Mets fans because of their jealousy that the Braves kicked their ass for 14 straight seasons and 3 more recently.

    You said Atlanta is a bad sports town. I showed you that we supported our team better than NYC supported the Mets. Admit you are wrong already.
    OH noooooh! You're going all Philly Stats on us...

    LOL at Braves owning Mets for like ever (then again who hasn't owned the Mets like in forever so it's not much of a bragging point.) Dig the whole Braves games experience....ticket prices are sane and not a bad family outing.

    Can't say Atlanta is a bad sports town....support for NHL sucked but it doesn't surprise me.

  16. #336
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Try 200,000 more for a team that made the playoffs and had no competing teams within 500 miles. Not really a crowning achievement there. Percentage, while not a perfect indicator is better than total attendance imo. You want to say the Braves fans supported there team better last year than the Mets, fine. They absolutely should have. That doesn't change the fact that for a perenial contender their attendance figures are pretty low and when the two teams are both good, the Mets destroy the Braves in attendance figures. Its not even close.

    I dont agree with your assertion. I am pretty sure most wouldn't.

    Im done now, this is boring as hell.
    GFY

    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    OH noooooh! You're going all Philly Stats on us...

    LOL at Braves owning Mets for like ever (then again who hasn't owned the Mets like in forever so it's not much of a bragging point.) Dig the whole Braves games experience....ticket prices are sane and not a bad family outing.

    Can't say Atlanta is a bad sports town....support for NHL sucked but it doesn't surprise me.
    And don't you dare bring the Thrashers into this. You can GFY!

  17. #337
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    All that said, how about them Braves?

    Looks like the Mets are gonna be bottom feeders yet again while the Braves beat out the cheating Wash!tton Crapinals.

    Upton outfield with a gold glover in right and all with 30/30 potential. We got this.

  18. #338
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rubes & southstats fell right into my traps


    [insert maniacal laugh]

  19. #339
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Rubes & southstats fell right into my traps


    [insert maniacal laugh]
    I brought the facts, bish!

  20. #340
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Atlanta, Thomas Decoud is on NFLN right now with his pants hanging past his ass. I am sure Arthur Blank is proud.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us