Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 345

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

  1. #201
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    As for the snow, probably got about 2 to 2.5 feet where I am. Snow is up to the mailboxes on my street, and thats before plows. Some of the drifts here are nuts. I'll try and take some pics later.
    WOw...you in Suffolk?

    I'm guessing 12-14 by me in Nassau. Gotta go fire up the snowblower. Usually end up doing all my neighbors, so once I'm out there....3-4 hours.

    Cant complain, we have power.

    -

  2. #202
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    WOw...you in Suffolk?

    I'm guessing 12-14 by me in Nassau. Gotta go fire up the snowblower. Usually end up doing all my neighbors, so once I'm out there....3-4 hours.

    Cant complain, we have power.

    -
    Central CT. Still snowing here, too.

    Lookin like 3-4 hours just to clear my driveway!

  3. #203
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    As for the snow, probably got about 2 to 2.5 feet where I am. Snow is up to the mailboxes on my street, and thats before plows. Some of the drifts here are nuts. I'll try and take some pics later.
    Yikes. Looks like CT got raped with this storm too.
    Good luck and stay safe. Hope your power holds up.

    Pretty average snow for us, I'd say maybe 12-14, haven't been outside yet. Need more coffee & internet first.

  4. #204
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    WOw...you in Suffolk?

    I'm guessing 12-14 by me in Nassau. Gotta go fire up the snowblower.Usually end up doing all my neighbors, so once I'm out there....3-4 hours.

    Cant complain, we have power.

    -
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in and are there any homes for sale???

  5. #205
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mile Marker 61. We're going to look into fishing, my boys have done it before with their grandfather, just don't want to go too far out in the ocean. I'm assuming there are charters that just go a few yards out.

    Definitely going to go to Key West, will likely make it an afternoon trip so we can catch a glimpse of some of the nightlife.



    Awesome list, thanks so much.

    SAR I
    If you're looking for a place to stop on the way down, check out the Tiki Bar round mm 82 or so. Fun, open air place to eat.

    You don't need to go far out to catch fish down there - there are definitely half day charters. You can also do some back country fishing in the mangroves.

    There are probably plenty of charters in marathon but keep an eye out for Bud and Mary's as you drive down - if it turns out that you have trouble finding a boat in Marathon, you certainly can find one there.

  6. #206
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just dug the boots out of coat closet. Venturing out shortly. Facking plows filled in the driveway apron.

    SAR, Blue Heaven in Key West. Get there for brunch if possible.

  7. #207
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Shell Raw Bar. Key West

    DO NOT MISS

  8. #208
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    We probably got 10" where I am in Nassaua. The plow just did my driveway and they shoveled my walk. I love snow as long as I don't have to shovel it.

  9. #209
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If you're looking for a place to stop on the way down, check out the Tiki Bar round mm 82 or so. Fun, open air place to eat.

    You don't need to go far out to catch fish down there - there are definitely half day charters. You can also do some back country fishing in the mangroves.

    There are probably plenty of charters in marathon but keep an eye out for Bud and Mary's as you drive down - if it turns out that you have trouble finding a boat in Marathon, you certainly can find one there.
    Last time I went to the keys we hit up Islamorada for alternating days of flats fishing for some bonefish & tarpon, followed by going offshore for some permit & mahi mahi. Best of both worlds, can't wait to make my way back someday.

  10. #210
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also all this talk of Florida is just torture on a day like this.

  11. #211
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there an easy way to post pics directly from my iPhone or Instagram to here?

  12. #212
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Is there an easy way to post pics directly from my iPhone or Instagram to here?
    It's really easy using Tapatalk. See...


  13. #213
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    It's really easy using Tapatalk. See...

    Well then, looks like I will finally have to dl tapatalk.

    JT for mod!

  14. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over 18" here and no power, cable, or internet. Running on generator and 4G LTE right now. Made it through last nights high tide. Bigger surge expected with this morning's soon. Wind still gusting over 60 mph. Lost two 100 year old oaks last night and a small chunk of lawn to the ocean. Could be much worse so we're grateful.

  15. #215
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Over 18" here and no power, cable, or internet. Running on generator and 4G LTE right now. Made it through last nights high tide. Bigger surge expected with this morning's soon. Wind still gusting over 60 mph. Lost two 100 year old oaks last night and a small chunk of lawn to the ocean. Could be much worse so we're grateful.
    Very sorry to hear it. Hang in there, they're very good with power restoration in New England, you'll be back online soon.

    SAR I

  16. #216
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you get things back up and running quickly VinnyGronkGuido.

    As for me ..

    Heading off tomorrow for a long vacation that starts in Vermont for skiing then proceeds cross country to Palm Desert for golf and concludes with 18 days at sea from LA to the Big Apple via the Panama Canal.

    Back in time for pre draft analysis and action.

    Everybody be well ...even Pat fans

  17. #217
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Hope you get things back up and running quickly VinnyGronkGuido.

    As for me ..

    Heading off tomorrow for a long vacation that starts in Vermont for skiing then proceeds cross country to Palm Desert for golf and concludes with 18 days at sea from LA to the Big Apple via the Panama Canal.

    Back in time for pre draft analysis and action.

    Everybody be well ...even Pat fans
    Wow, what an amazing sounding vacation. Have a blast, sg3.

  18. #218
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Over 18" here and no power, cable, or internet. Running on generator and 4G LTE right now. Made it through last nights high tide. Bigger surge expected with this morning's soon. Wind still gusting over 60 mph. Lost two 100 year old oaks last night and a small chunk of lawn to the ocean. Could be much worse so we're grateful.
    Vin, as long as you have booze, there is hope.

    Good luck, muchacho. I'm heading out to snow blow about a foot of snow. Then, I gotta come in and make soup.

  19. #219
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Over 18" here and no power, cable, or internet. Running on generator and 4G LTE right now. Made it through last nights high tide. Bigger surge expected with this morning's soon. Wind still gusting over 60 mph. Lost two 100 year old oaks last night and a small chunk of lawn to the ocean. Could be much worse so we're grateful.
    Jeebus how close to the ocean are you?

  20. #220
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Vin, as long as you have booze, there is hope.

    Good luck, muchacho. I'm heading out to snow blow about a foot of snow. Then, I gotta come in and make soup.
    Just got in myself, the winds out there are a *****. Nothing like have the wind throw the snow right back in your face.


    I love to freak out the neighbors with the ski mask from time to time:



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us