Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowpocalpse 2013

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Yes, my "old" snowblower was the first ever made, the test run. Kinda like the ENIAC of snowblowers. And a hearty LOLGFY right back at ya!

I think this whole snow storm nemo or charlotte or whatever the fvck its called is a sign. I was 'sposed to have a quite Saturday day and night alone with the wife, and some time during that update my resume and fill out the paperwork for a town job. Needless to say, kid stayed home, snow blower bust in to flames to spend all day Saturday shoveling, and the emergency work all day yesterday. No resume, no application. FML.
    You also lose out on bonus Hampur points for not photgraphing said snow-hurling machine whilst ablaze.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You also lose out on bonus Hampur points for not photgraphing said snow-hurling machine whilst ablaze.
    That would have been a hoot. Neighbor across the street saw the whole thing. The look on my face must have been priceless when I pulled the cord to turn the flames on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Yes, my "old" snowblower was the first ever made, the test run. Kinda like the ENIAC of snowblowers. And a hearty LOLGFY right back at ya!

I think this whole snow storm nemo or charlotte or whatever the fvck its called is a sign. I was 'sposed to have a quite Saturday day and night alone with the wife, and some time during that update my resume and fill out the paperwork for a town job. Needless to say, kid stayed home, snow blower bust in to flames to spend all day Saturday shoveling, and the emergency work all day yesterday. No resume, no application. FML.
    Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln....did you enjoy the Play?

Lol

Better luck to you!

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln....did you enjoy the Play?

Lol

Better luck to you!

-
    Someone's been listening to the Michael Kay show.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    We live in the NY area....what's your excuse?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We live in the NY area....what's your excuse?
    I dare you to try and listen to the garbage they call sports radio here in Atlanta. I mean... it's seriously horrendous.

Internet streams for the win.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dare you to try and listen to the garbage they call sports radio here in Atlanta. I mean... it's seriously horrendous.

Ok, I'll give you that. Atlanta is not a good sports town.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate Kay. Would rather listen to Fatsy, than Kay, and thats saying something!

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I'll give you that. Atlanta is not a good sports town.
    That's not true. We get a bad rap for piss poor ownership. Atlanta fans have been crapped on for decades when it comes to bad ownership. But if you wanna talk about Atlanta being a bad sports town, the Falcons are a classic example of Atlanta fans being willing to support a well run organization. Arthur Blank bought the Falcons for an absurd price at the time which caused the NFL to put in a law that wouldn't allow such a deal ever to be made again ($530 Million). They were one of the crappiest teams in terms of fan interest before he bought them. Ever since they have been consistently one of the best attended franchises in the league (#11 last season). The fan interest is about 1000x more palpable among the city than it ever has been.

And when it comes to UGA and college football, yeah it's not even close. They are 90,000 strong for every game in the stadium plus another 40,000 who just show up to tailgate and enjoy the festivities. Granted most of these people are degenerates and bro drunks mixed among 40 somethings who can't let go of their youth and live vicariously through gameday.

Atlanta is a sports town. But when Turner Field is located in the middle of the projects, Phillips Arena is located two blocks from Underground Atlanta and MLK, and there is no transit system in place for 98% of the fans... yeah, they aren't going to be well attended, especially for the weekday sports.

And don't forget that it's one of the most transient cities in America. Most of the sports fans here are fans of their hometown. So if Atlanta is a bad sports town, blame it on the millions of outsiders who have come here and refuse to support any of the hometown teams. In fact, those are the people that make Atlanta a bad sports town. But I digress, it doesn't change the fact that we have horrible sports radio.

Hate Kay. Would rather listen to Fatsy, than Kay, and thats saying something!

-
    He's become unbearable as of late. I like Don La Greca. That's about it. He's always good for a well timed rant which I still can't tell if it's a joke or not. His Mets rant from a few years ago was comedy gold. And then the screaming "ANSWER ME!!!!" bit... lmao.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A while back after hearing Francesa alternate between berating a caller, repeating the same line 10 times, breathing loudly into the mic, and lapse into 10 seconds of dead air, I gave Kay a try. That lasted 2 days. He is one of the most sanctimonious blowhards ever to have a radio show. And his shrill delivery is like a cheese grater in my ear canal.

Because I live and work in central NJ, I am in the narrow channel that gets both NY and Philly media outlets on TV and radio. So I started listening to Mike Missanelli now on ESPN Philly during my commute home. Sure, it's heavy on Eagles and Phillies (blegh), but "Mikey Miss" is hilarious. He has a great show. Miles ahead of Francesa's bore-fest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    A while back after hearing Francesa alternate between berating a caller, repeating the same line 10 times, breathing loudly into the mic, and lapse into 10 seconds of dead air, I gave Kay a try. That lasted 2 days. He is one of the most sanctimonious blowhards ever to have a radio show. And his shrill delivery is like a cheese grater in my ear canal.

Because I live and work in central NJ, I am in the narrow channel that gets both NY and Philly media outlets on TV and radio. So I started listening to Mike Missanelli now on ESPN Philly during my commute home. Sure, it's heavy on Eagles and Phillies (blegh), but "Mikey Miss" is hilarious. He has a great show. Miles ahead of Francesa's bore-fest.
    Missanelli has been around a longtime and has paid his dues. Good guy and enjoys his job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

He's become unbearable as of late. I like Don La Greca. That's about it. He's always good for a well timed rant which I still can't tell if it's a joke or not. His Mets rant from a few years ago was comedy gold. And then the screaming "ANSWER ME!!!!" bit... lmao.
    Steely Dan and now this? LaGreca is radio's equivalent to contagious equine metritis, only with less charisma.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not true. We get a bad rap for piss poor ownership. Atlanta fans have been crapped on for decades when it comes to bad ownership. But if you wanna talk about Atlanta being a bad sports town, the Falcons are a classic example of Atlanta fans being willing to support a well run organization. Arthur Blank bought the Falcons for an absurd price at the time which caused the NFL to put in a law that wouldn't allow such a deal ever to be made again ($530 Million). They were one of the crappiest teams in terms of fan interest before he bought them. Ever since they have been consistently one of the best attended franchises in the league (#11 last season). The fan interest is about 1000x more palpable among the city than it ever has been.

And when it comes to UGA and college football, yeah it's not even close. They are 90,000 strong for every game in the stadium plus another 40,000 who just show up to tailgate and enjoy the festivities. Granted most of these people are degenerates and bro drunks mixed among 40 somethings who can't let go of their youth and live vicariously through gameday.

Atlanta is a sports town. But when Turner Field is located in the middle of the projects, Phillips Arena is located two blocks from Underground Atlanta and MLK, and there is no transit system in place for 98% of the fans... yeah, they aren't going to be well attended, especially for the weekday sports.

And don't forget that it's one of the most transient cities in America. Most of the sports fans here are fans of their hometown. So if Atlanta is a bad sports town, blame it on the millions of outsiders who have come here and refuse to support any of the hometown teams. In fact, those are the people that make Atlanta a bad sports town. But I digress, it doesn't change the fact that we have horrible sports radio.

Just stop. Atlanta is the worst PRO sports town in the country. It's not really even close.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Missanelli has been around a longtime and has paid his dues. Good guy and enjoys his job.
    Yeah it seems like he was a bit of a douche earlier in his career, but he's matured and learned from his mistakes and really does a good show.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Fatcessa just said nothing to worry about, ogay. Then somone called him up and told him to go worry about his house on Long Island!!! ogay?
    The fat doosh just opened his show saying he never said that! Apparently he got killed in the Daily News.

Now, his first caller just ambushed him with a fake Paterno call and nailed him about lying. He's still babbling that he never said it.

Now...his second caller is lambasting him too!

Hilarious.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

2 live stews?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah it seems like he was a bit of a douche earlier in his career, but he's matured and learned from his mistakes and really does a good show.
    I never thought that about him, but he had Howard Eskin following him, Eskin is the King of douche.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fat doosh just opened his show saying he never said that! Apparently he got killed in the Daily News.

Now, his first caller just ambushed him with a fake Paterno call and nailed him about lying. He's still babbling that he never said it.

Now...his second caller is lambasting him too!

Hilarious.
    Why are the Hampur men not making these calls? We could have southside
    call in about the Yankees middle relief situation, and then interrupting Fatso in mid-sentence with "Will I ever find love?" .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Why are the Hampur men not making these calls?
    Or you, for that matter.

Its not easy getting through.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Just stop. Atlanta is the worst PRO sports town in the country. It's not really even close.
    You got facts to back this statement up?