Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The free agent nobody is talking about: Brandon Moore

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post

If we were to draft a guy like Warmack, then I'd have no problem moving on from Moore. Moore's definitely better than Slauson, but Slauson is more likely to come cheap.
    I think drafting some good guards is situationally smart for the Jets. Our transition to the WCO offense is a wrinkle, but having an elite center flanked by athletic and capable guards would really let us control the line of scrimmage. Our tackles are good enough - with the generally fast reads/play of WCO I think the importance of Tackle pass protection is a touch less important than it used to be.

Long story short: adding great guard play suddenly makes the OL elite again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Postseason View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...agency/page/15

Predicted Contract: Four-year, $28 million

Despite being 32 years old, Brandon Moore should still get a rather large contract this offseason.

He's been one of the better guards in the league for the past few seasons. Moore excels in run-blocking, but also has the ability to succeed in pass protection.

With the New York Jets going through so many difficulties this season, I simply can't see them getting rid of one of their best offensive linemen.

I would LOL if he got this. (Unless it was us paying it)
    I hate Bleacher Report.

No different than any of us on here. In fact, in many cases it's worse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I hate Bleacher Report.

No different than any of us on here. In fact, in many cases it's worse.
    Agreed, nice website gives the appearance of a professional organization. They are a bunch of bloggers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets say Rex gets fired after this season, will we still be running the WCO or will the new coach bring his offense in? we can't draft players based on a philosophy and just I with BAP

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Moore isnt going to demand big $$$ on FA. His age, injury history and recent play dictate that if the Jets wanted to, they'll be able to afford bringing him back. I'd actually be surprised if they dont agree to a cap friendly, short term deal. Moore has spent his entire career here, and the Jets aren't bringing back Slauson.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you have been watching brandon has been declining rapidly the last couple of years. i know right tackle has been the bigger issue and he can still pass block well but the hips are gone and run blocking suffered. oh and if wilfork dosent drive him back into mark the buttfumble might never have happened. we need OT fisher to fall to us at nine and put him on the right side then look for gaurd in round 2 or 3 there is a bunch of good ones. when ferguson is done in a few then you have fischer ready to slide into LT spot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a young mans game. 33 year old aging guards will not command big money. He could get a 2 year 8.5 million dollar deal by someone, but I would pass on him for the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets could sign C Jonothon Goodwin who is expected to be released by thr 49'ers. Drafted by the Jets in 2002. A natural college Center he was a backup to Kevin Mawae during his years with the Jets and was cut in 2005 after the Jets drafted C Nick Mangold. Since he left the Jets he was a starting Center, pro ball player and won a Super Bowl with the Saints. He has started for th 49'ers at Center for three year and is considered a leader in the 49'ers offensive line.

He might have played a few games with the Jets as a backup guard but I'm not sure.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jonathango...505136/profile

Jets could do worse if Brandon Moore is a goner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets should not attempt to re-sign Brandon Moore, even at slightly below market.

Veteran presence on the O-Line isn't lacking with Mangold and D'Brick, and Moore's drop-off in play last year was alarming.

He's a skilled veteran who is in the decline-phase of his career, the kind of G that a team that wants to add depth and gear up for a playoff run acquires for more $ than he's worth. Not the kind of player the Jets will sign.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether we go through the draft or free agency I would like to see us add young players that can pull and block down field.

Moore has been good but at his age I am not sure he will live up to the contract that he will get.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Whether we go through the draft or free agency I would like to see us add young players that can pull and block down field.

Moore has been good but at his age I am not sure he will live up to the contract that he will get.
    The Jets like Schlauderaff. I'm guessing he'll be the starting RG. The question is LG . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    if you have been watching brandon has been declining rapidly the last couple of years. i know right tackle has been the bigger issue and he can still pass block well but the hips are gone and run blocking suffered. oh and if wilfork dosent drive him back into mark the buttfumble might never have happened. we need OT fisher to fall to us at nine and put him on the right side then look for gaurd in round 2 or 3 there is a bunch of good ones. when ferguson is done in a few then you have fischer ready to slide into LT spot
    No, if Mark Sanchez doesn't run into Moore's ass, the butt fumble doesn't happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is with Moore I don't anyone will be willing to commit a long term deal for him at a good amount. I could see someone offering him a 1 year 6 mil deal but not more then 3 years 12 mil. For that I think this team could get him back. Moore has always been a great team player with the franchise. I think it would mean a lot for him to finish his career a JET. I do think he'd take a little less to stay here but who knows.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to bring him back. Still really good and a well respected leader/veteran.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    lets say Rex gets fired after this season, will we still be running the WCO or will the new coach bring his offense in? we can't draft players based on a philosophy and just I with BAP
    Then the Jets could just promote Morninweg to HC. Problem solved