Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News? Not quite yet, regarding Jets QB situation...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Breaking News? Not quite yet, regarding Jets QB situation...

Within the next 12 hours according to Tony of Draftinsider....interested to see what its about.

Tebow trade?

Tebow release?

Sanchez AND tebow trade or release?

we can only hope.
    Last edited by Bonhomme Richard; 02-08-2013 at 10:27 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhhh....what

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    highly unlikely anything major is done this early in the offseason. I think this guy is full of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anything, it'll be that Tebow was traded/released. But don't hold your breath.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably this....more speculation than news:

Quarterback*Ryan Nassib*is back on the Syracuse campus preparing for the combine where he’s working with two well known names.* Former NFL offensive coordinator Paul Hackett as well as Ken Anderson, starting quarterback with the Cincinnati Bengals for 17 years and himself a quarterbacks and receivers coach in the league, are both helping Nassib fine tune his game.* At present time the game plan includes Nassib throwing at the combine later this month.* Where will the quarterback fall in the draft?* We hear three teams who select at the top of round two, including the*Kansas City Chiefs,*Philadelphia Eagles*and*New York Jets, think highly of Nassib.* Its not out of the question one of these teams moves back into the late part of round one to select the Syracuse product.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    It's probably this....more speculation than news:

Quarterback*Ryan Nassib*is back on the Syracuse campus preparing for the combine where hes working with two well known names.* Former NFL offensive coordinator Paul Hackett as well as Ken Anderson, starting quarterback with the Cincinnati Bengals for 17 years and himself a quarterbacks and receivers coach in the league, are both helping Nassib fine tune his game.* At present time the game plan includes Nassib throwing at the combine later this month.* Where will the quarterback fall in the draft?* We hear three teams who select at the top of round two, including the*Kansas City Chiefs,*Philadelphia Eagles*and*New York Jets, think highly of Nassib.* Its not out of the question one of these teams moves back into the late part of round one to select the Syracuse product.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741
    That is the most logical answer, however from what ive seen from him in the past thats not something he wouldnt be able to report without having to wait until tomorrow. If that was it he would just come out and say that.

From what ive seen from Tony, his information is accurate and reliable, and he also doesnt say something like that unless it carries meaning IMO.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony_TFY
    Administrator
    no- and while everyone wants to talk about the astronomical success of this years QB's franchises are still smarting from Gabbert, Locker and to an extent, Ponder...

there will be some Jets/QB news posted in the next 16 hours....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Da fuq?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    BREAKING NEWS: There will be news... Stay tuned...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: There will be news... Stay tuned...
    I apologize, I know how upset you must be that you wasted 30 seconds of your time at 2:30 am responding to this.

Listen take it for what you want guys, im not saying its going to be some huge breaking news im simply just relaying news to people who I thought might find it interesting.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    I apologize, I know how upset you must be that you wasted 30 seconds of your time at 2:30 am responding to this.

Listen take it for what you want guys, im not saying its going to be some huge breaking news im simply just relaying news to people who I thought might find it interesting.
    You literally used the words "Breaking News" in your title....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the biggest bait-and-switch since Scientology.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You literally used the words "Breaking News" in your title....
    Tony reported there would be Jets QB news within the next 16 hours at the time of his post.

In my eyes with the majority of us jets fans wanting change at the QB position any news regarding the position would be considered breaking news would it not?

I clearly stated it wouldnt be until tomorrow, so i dont see what the issue is?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the thread title makes it sound like there's some big stuff going down, and then it turns out to be speculation. Then when you supply a source, it's a guy on a message board who cites no sources of his own for this news.

I'm not saying he's not connected or that there isn't big news coming, but it's currently unsubstantiated speculation and is therefore NOT breaking news.

In any event, I don't really mind. It gives me some hope that we'll get rid of Failbow and Failchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This is the biggest bait-and-switch since Scientology.
    I did a double take when I saw that scientology commercial during the Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I did a double take when I saw that scientology commercial during the Super Bowl.
    There was a Scientology commercial during the SB? Wth? SMH @ even being able to advertise a criminal organization.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because the thread title makes it sound like there's some big stuff going down, and then it turns out to be speculation. Then when you supply a source, it's a guy on a message board who cites no sources of his own for this news.

I'm not saying he's not connected or that there isn't big news coming, but it's currently unsubstantiated speculation and is therefore NOT breaking news.

In any event, I don't really mind. It gives me some hope that we'll get rid of Failbow and Failchez.
    I can see why the title is viewed as misleading and i apologize for that.

At the same time I understand he might not have stated sources, but trust me when I tell you he does not post something like that unless there is news coming.

The only real question is whether its regarding our draft interests or if its regarding our current qb situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see why the title is viewed as misleading and i apologize for that.
    No problem.

At the same time I understand he might not have stated sources, but trust me when I tell you he does not post something like that unless there is news coming.
    Well, I have no reason to not believe you, so I'll take your word for it.

The only real question is whether its regarding our draft interests or if its regarding our current qb situation.
    Well, I doubt we would reveal who we plan to take with our draft picks, so I would have to think it would be about our current QB situation.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The trading deadline was back in October.

No trades until the start of the new league year which begins in March.

Tebow is not being traded today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Within the next 12 hours according to Tony of Draftinsider....interested to see what its about.

Tebow trade?

Tebow release?

Sanchez AND tebow trade or release?

we can only hope.
    I don't think trades can happen until the new league yr begins - March 12