Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News? Not quite yet, regarding Jets QB situation...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    As it is they would take a 5mill mill cap hit getting rid of Sanchez next year. You propose to "move the bulk of money owed Sanchez to next year" and in the same breath say the cap hit would be more doable? WTF?!??!?!?!?!?!
    With the cap improving next year yes its doable. All your doing is clearing up some space this year. It wouldn't be an extension your just moving money to next year.

Sanchez is going nowhere this year. Not happening. He is going to go into training camp and he will compete for once in his pro career for his job. I can't see Woody eating his contract.

The new GM has no ties to Sanchez so he wont be coddled anymore. Time to grow up time to perform and lead or your riding the pine amd gone next year.
    Last edited by aztec321; 02-08-2013 at 02:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the Jets are scouting a QB that's available in the draft? Alert the media! Oh wait, they'r'e the ones desperate for material trying to make that into a story

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Jets can't afford $12 mil in dead money this year because of the cost of replacement.

The Jets could restructure Sanchez now with a bigger guarantee, pay it now and then trade him which would cost the trading team less salary wise.
    We can't afford to waste a roster spot on Sanchez period. We are already stuck with that 12 mil in dead cap. He isn't going to be our starter so your not talking a high price to replace what is right now our 3rd string QB. Draft a 7th rounder, cut him, and call it a day. We are already going to draft a new starter this year with any luck. I'd take the 4 mil hit just to get him off this team and get that roster spot back. I'll take Jeff Tuel in a heart beat right now over him. The locker room can't possibly find a way to rally around him after the last 4 years. No one is trading for him restructuring is a waste of time and money. I mean what your going to keep him on as the #3 QB making 12 mil, I think not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We can't afford to waste a roster spot on Sanchez period. We are already stuck with that 12 mil in dead cap. He isn't going to be our starter so your not talking a high price to replace what is right now our 3rd string QB. Draft a 7th rounder, cut him, and call it a day. We are already going to draft a new starter this year with any luck. I'd take the 4 mil hit just to get him off this team and get that roster spot back. I'll take Jeff Tuel in a heart beat right now over him. The locker room can't possibly find a way to rally around him after the last 4 years. No one is trading for him restructuring is a waste of time and money. I mean what your going to keep him on as the #4 QB making 12 mil, I think not.
    I think he absolutely, 100% IS going to be the starter this season.

Thats why this board is so enjoyable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

If he is I'm more then done with the new FO already. I may just stop watching football all together. Maybe become one of those sicko college football guys. There is not one viable reason for him to even dress for this team next year. Heck I'd IR him right off the bat if I didn't intent to cut him. Just list him as sucks or something.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because the thread title makes it sound like there's some big stuff going down, and then it turns out to be speculation. Then when you supply a source, it's a guy on a message board who cites no sources of his own for this news.

I'm not saying he's not connected or that there isn't big news coming, but it's currently unsubstantiated speculation and is therefore NOT breaking news.

In any event, I don't really mind. It gives me some hope that we'll get rid of Failbow and Failchez.
    McDawg, my fellow jimmy rustler, Tony Pauline is a reputable source and legit insider. He happens to be a longtime Jets fan as well. He ran the JI draft forum for the past year (though the old one seems to have returned?) and was a long time JI poster (went by CBNY i believe). He was a writer for SI.com and has now moved to USA Today. Best source available on site. So his words can be trusted w/o verification.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    McDawg, my fellow jimmy rustler, Tony Pauline is a reputable source and legit insider. He happens to be a longtime Jets fan as well. He ran the JI draft forum for the past year (though the old one seems to have returned?) and was a long time JI poster (went by CBNY i believe). He was a writer for SI.com and has now moved to USA Today. Best source available on site. So his words can be trusted w/o verification.
    I was told who he was earlier.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is I'm more then done with the new FO already. I may just stop watching football all together. Maybe become one of those sicko college football guys. There is not one viable reason for him to even dress for this team next year. Heck I'd IR him right off the bat if I didn't intent to cut him. Just list him as sucks or something.
    PUP list- Psychologically Unable to Perform.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

I agree. there isn't any available QB alternative that's guaranteed to be better than sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    The QB's coming out this year are 4th rounders and back. No need to take a flyer on anyone earlier than the 4th.
    What qbs do you believe will be there in the 4th rd? If you think all the top guys on only worthy to be taken in the 4th.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What qbs do you believe will be there in the 4th rd? If you think all the top guys on only worthy to be taken in the 4th.
    I like renfree from duke in the 4th or 5th... his QB play got duke into a bowl game with lame talent around him, he comes from a pro-style offense, and he was coached by david cutliffe the same guy who coached the mannings

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I like renfree from duke in the 4th or 5th... his QB play got duke into a bowl game with lame talent around him, he comes from a pro-style offense, and he was coached by david cutliffe the same guy who coached the mannings
    I think Landry Jones will be there in the 4th for the jets. I see him ranked around the #6 QB, There are only about 5 teams that need a qb. Moore and Smith will fill two of the slots leading 3 teams that may take a qb early. he did not have a good year, with a new staff and a new receiving core, he did not show well at the senior bowl but I never hold that against a guy 4 days is not enough time to develop anything.

The same reason you like him is the same reasons I like Glennon. If Glennon had Barkley's weapons he would be talked about in the top 10

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a process. Not all the crap can be flushed unilaterally. 12 mil is a giant turd.

Woody: "Now John, i know Mark is not your guy, but we are in a tough spot financially with him, so we need to be on the same page when i tell you that we need to hold onto Sanchez for this year.

Idzik: "so i cant cut him and start fresh"?

Woody: "no John, not this year, but after 2013, you will have the team set up to install your pieces"

Idzik:"Do i have to play Sanchez"

Woody: "yes"

Idzik : "well as long as we know that 2013 will be a lame duck season, id like to be your next GM Woody"

Woody: "Welcome aboard John"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Landry Jones will be there in the 4th for the jets. I see him ranked around the #6 QB, There are only about 5 teams that need a qb. Moore and Smith will fill two of the slots leading 3 teams that may take a qb early. he did not have a good year, with a new staff and a new receiving core, he did not show well at the senior bowl but I never hold that against a guy 4 days is not enough time to develop anything.

The same reason you like him is the same reasons I like Glennon. If Glennon had Barkley's weapons he would be talked about in the top 10
    only 5? I think there are at least 10 teams that would draft a QB if they liked the value. washington took cousins in the 4th last year after RGIII and denver took osweiler in the 2nd after getting manning. hell even your pats took mallet in the 3rd even though they have the GOAT at QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I agree on this. This is the guy I'd like to target in the mid to late rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, that is the way I see it. 9 teams have taken a qb in the 1st rd in the last last 2 drafts. Arizona, KC, Jets, Buffalo And the eagles are in play. SF could be in play and also Seattle if flynn is traded but that just eliminates one of the other teams.

I think Yates keeps Houston out and Tenn will pass.

I see them coming off soething like this

Smith, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Wilson, Manuel and Bray. Then Jones.

Cousins and Mallet to me were the best value where they were taken. Starters
    can be lost for a season (Patriots in 08) I know manning was a risk, but i thought Osweiller was taken early.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told who he was earlier.
    I got lazy and quick replied

My b.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, that is the way I see it. 9 teams have taken a qb in the 1st rd in the last last 2 drafts. Arizona, KC, Jets, Buffalo And the eagles are in play. SF could be in play and also Seattle if flynn is traded but that just eliminates one of the other teams.

I think Yates keeps Houston out and Tenn will pass.

I see them coming off soething like this

Smith, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Wilson, Manuel and Bray. Then Jones.

Cousins and Mallet to me were the best value where they were taken. Starters
    can be lost for a season (Patriots in 08) I know manning was a risk, but i thought Osweiller was taken early.
    Dallas and Chi may be in play to IMO. I wouldn't be one bit shocked if either went QB in this draft. I think Jones would take Barkley in a heart beat maybe Nassib. Glennon would be a good fit for Chi as well as Brey or Manuel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I got lazy and quick replied

My b.
    Happens, dawg.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happens, dawg.
    Tru dat.