Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News? Not quite yet, regarding Jets QB situation...

No offense, but were you guys really up at 2:30 am talking about Ryan Nassib?

@RUSSLANDE: @chiefs5558 - I think it would solve the #Chiefs QB issues if they took Nassib at #1 and expect someone to take him in Top 10.

@RUSSLANDE: @TheFranchiseQB @FirstRoundGrade - In middle of charting out Manuel today and tomorrow, but not impressed so far.

@RUSSLANDE: @TheFranchiseQB - Still grinding away on Manuel. I hope to finish him late tonight, still have not been overly impressed yet.

@FirstRoundGrade: Regarding Ryan Nassib, @RUSSLANDE says #1 player on board. Mel Kiper's mock? He's not even in 1st round. My money is on @RUSSLANDE. You?

@hiRicken: @RUSSLANDE what are some things you like about nassib? Who does he remind you of?

@RUSSLANDE: @hiRicken - Love Nassib's mechanics, which are best of any QB in Draft, his leadership, poise in pocket & accuracy - Not sure of comparison.
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Would you draft Geno Smith at 9 (if available) and BPA in second round, or a pass rusher at 9 and Nassib second round?

Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    Would you draft Geno Smith at 9 (if available) and BPA in second round, or a pass rusher at 9 and Nassib second round?
    Bills are taking Nassib in 1st round. No on Smith. Take a flyer on a second round qb.
    Next year is the year to draft a qb in the 1st if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Bills are taking Nassib in 1st round. No on Smith. Take a flyer on a second round qb.
    Why would you take a Qb in teh 2nd round if you plan on taking a QB next year in the 1st? There is no way you can evaluate a Qb taken in the 2nd round in one year and the team will give that player every opportunity to be the guy.

No QB's in the 1st three rounds for me unless one of the top guys miraculously fell to the 3rd round.

By draft day no way Nassib lasts until 2nd.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    By draft day no way Nassib lasts until 2nd.
    True. All you have to do is look at past drafts and see the QBs taken in the first round. There is going to be a few QBs taken in the first this year. It may be that some teams trade back up into the end of the first to do so, but there will be at least 3 QBs taken in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Why no Smith? seems like a good fit for WCO.

@Steiny31: Breaking: Per source, the #Jets have reached out to Mark Sanchez to explore restructuring his contract. #nyj

@Steiny31: Breaking: Per source, the #Jets have reached out to Mark Sanchez to explore restructuring his contract. #nyj
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: There will be news... Stay tuned...
    ... and keep hitting refresh on my page.

Banned
    I was wondering about this. In 2006 they got Pennington to take a pay cut. Why can't they get Sanchez to do the same?

Hall Of Fame
    If it involves guaranteeing him one more penny in 2014 then it is a massive mistake.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If it involves guaranteeing him one more penny in 2014 then it is a massive mistake.
    I agree.

Maybe he wants out of here, and knows the only way it will happen is if he takes a pay cut.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Within the next 12 hours according to Tony of Draftinsider....interested to see what its about.

Tebow trade?

Tebow release?

Sanchez AND tebow trade or release?

we can only hope.
    Well, according to your post, three hours remain on that 12 hour clock.

Dear Mark Sanchez: Tell the #Jets to go F themselves and demand a trade/release. Please, oh pretty please. Free us from your suckitude!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I agree.

Maybe he wants out of here, and knows the only way it will happen is if he takes a pay cut.
    Maybe. I am not sure how much salary can actually be cut though. I think the players association has rules about how much salary can simply be cut.

The guaranteed salary doesn't have to be cut, but could be transformed into bonuses based on performance or, just spread the money to next year. Just makes it more manageable for this year and easier to trade him if there ever was a trade market.

Hall Of Fame
    The guaranteed salary doesn't have to be cut, but could be transformed into bonuses based on performance or, just spread the money to next year. Just makes it more manageable for this year and easier to trade him if there ever was a trade market.
    It can not be converted to a bonus based on performance. Some of it can be converted to a roster bonus and prorated out, but it is guaranteed money and will need to be accounted for at some point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Maybe. I am not sure how much salary can actually be cut though. I think the players association has rules about how much salary can simply be cut.
    Maybe not a pay cut then. But restructure to make his contract more cap-friendly.

If Sanchez told the Jets he wants to be traded or released (pure speculation on my part). If he knows that his contract is what is deterring the Jets from doing so, he may be willing to restructure it.