Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News? Not quite yet, regarding Jets QB situation...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That was because Chad was in a position to get cut. Ultimately, he got every penny of the contract because his salary was converted into a low base and easily achieved incentives based on playing time only, which Chad met by playing the full season.

Jets can't threaten Sanchez with getting cut because he and his agent know it would be a cap killer for the Jets.
    True, I am not 100% sure but I dont think Pennington's salary was guaranteed when he agreed to take a pay cut. Very different situation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was because Chad was in a position to get cut. Ultimately, he got every penny of the contract because his salary was converted into a low base and easily achieved incentives based on playing time only, which Chad met by playing the full season.

Jets can't threaten Sanchez with getting cut because he and his agent know it would be a cap killer for the Jets.
    It will not be a cap killer to cut Sanchez If he is a June 1 cut. 12mil this year and 5mill next year is the same as keeping him this year at 12.8mill and cutting him next year which would cost an additional 5mill in dead money.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    checked out Tony's post at DI and he clearly does not predict earthshaking BREAKING NEWS

his 16 hour clock expires at 12:22 PM today..... however I am willing to give him an "inclement weather" extension (with no cap consequences) provided the news is that Teblow is being released
    If you took the time to read my posts, i clearly stated he never said it would be ground breaking news.

However i see any news regarding the jets and the QB position as Breaking News due to the situation we are in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It will not be a cap killer to cut Sanchez If he is a June 1 cut. 12mil this year and 5mill next year is the same as keeping him this year at 12.8mill and cutting him next year which would cost an additional 5mill in dead money.
    Jets can't afford $12 mil in dead money this year because of the cost of replacement.

The Jets could restructure Sanchez now with a bigger guarantee, pay it now and then trade him which would cost the trading team less salary wise.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @rabblerousr: @TonyPauline Thought you might like this article: http://t.co/wueWFP3Z
    This is awesome, and very well deserved.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets can't afford $12 mil in dead money this year because of the cost of replacement.

The Jets could restructure Sanchez now with a bigger guarantee, pay it now and then trade him which would cost the trading team less salary wise.
    There is no cost of replacement. They are drafting a player and signing a veteran regardless if Sanchez is there or not. If Sanchez is cut Mcelory takes his spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    If you took the time to read my posts, i clearly stated he never said it would be ground breaking news.

However i see any news regarding the jets and the QB position as Breaking News due to the situation we are in.
    "breaking news" usually means a significant development.... which you also alluded to in your first post, speculating on releases/trades.. The fact that you posted this 12 hours before Tony had any announcement also speaks to the fact that you were hoping it would be 'breaking news' and not just Tony downloading us about the Jets interest in a QB prospect..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    "breaking news" usually means a significant development.... which you also alluded to in your first post, speculating on releases/trades.. The fact that you posted this 12 hours before Tony had any announcement also speaks to the fact that you were hoping it would be 'breaking news' and not just Tony downloading us about the Jets interest in a QB prospect..
    Its pretty simple. Tony reported Jets qb news was coming. I clearly stated that it might not be ground breaking, but I would consider ANY qb information breaking at this point.

I simply stated what i was hoping it was by referring to trades/releases, and never said thats what he was referring to.

With Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow our QBs on the depth chart, I think any news regarding the possible drafting of a QB, or anything else to do with the position, would be considered breaking.

Understand?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Its pretty simple. Tony reported Jets qb news was coming. I clearly stated that it might not be ground breaking, but I would consider ANY qb information breaking at this point.

I simply stated what i was hoping it was by referring to trades/releases, and never said thats what he was referring to.

With Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow our QBs on the depth chart, I think any news regarding the possible drafting of a QB, or anything else to do with the position, would be considered breaking.

Understand?
    Maybe you're a little slow to the etiquette of a message board. Posting 'breaking news' in the thread title implies something big. There's a good reason that the mods changed it to a question mark and added that nothing has yet happened.

I agree with you as far as wanting info, and hoping it's something.. next time I just wouldnt start a thread proclaiming breaking news.. that is all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Understand?
    Dude, there's nothing "ground braking" here...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Maybe you're a little slow to the etiquette of a message board. Posting 'breaking news' in the thread title implies something big. There's a good reason that the mods changed it to a question mark and added that nothing has yet happened.

I agree with you as far as wanting info, and hoping it's something.. next time I just wouldnt start a thread proclaiming breaking news.. that is all.
    I have since apologized for the title, and will again so i apologize.

now, lets lighten the mood shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7dUlRUJIM

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Dude, there's nothing "ground braking" here...
    theres nothing "ground brEaking" either, nice call

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Whoa. I just dont really understand all the nuances of contract restructuring, but in black and white terms, wouldnt Mark only want to restructure if more guaranteed $$$ was involved?

Just cant see him taking a pay cut, unless it benfits him down the line in guaranteed money.

Im with LagerFish on this one. I think we have to ride it out this year in order to cut ties with Mark after 2013.

Free the Idzik!
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why in the world would Sanchez take less $$$$$$$$$ from the Jets!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    May be this are ground-drecking news?
    http://www.ocregister.com/news/sanch...rato-kids.html

Approximately four years out of practice, Sanchez – once a server at Phil Trani's in Long Beach while at USC – starts by dropping noodles into a pasta boiler. He then slices tomatoes and broccoli, and places each ingredient into a large mixing bowl filled with marinara sauce.
    Last edited by RussianGreen; 02-08-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

except that 16 hours is long since past and there is NO news from Tony or anyone else regarding the Jets QB position

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    There is no cost of replacement. They are drafting a player and signing a veteran regardless if Sanchez is there or not. If Sanchez is cut Mcelory takes his spot.
    The Jets are going to ride 2013 with Sanchez. Its all but a gimmee at this point. The team will not take that hit to cut Sanchez, but instead, stupidly put him out there again in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle, or surrounding him with talent to see if that was his issue last year.

Just embrace it and it becomes easier to cope with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have since apologized for the title, and will again so i apologize.

now, lets lighten the mood shall we?
    For posting "breaking news" when there isn't, You must suffer to your last internet breath. Those are the rules.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember folks the cap next year for the Jets will be much better and they will be better able to absorb a big hit then this year. I have a feeling that all they are going to do is just move the bulk of money owed Sanchez to next year.

Mark is aware that the offense needs help and with the current state of the cap getting talent to help it will be hard. So if he restructures it can be a win win for both parties.

The Jets get cap room to work some free agency magic and Sanchez has a more talented team with which he can potential revitalize his career with.

If it doesn't work out next year the cap hit is more doable and both parties part ways.

Just my 2 cents.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec321 View Post
    Remember folks the cap next year for the Jets will be much better and they will be better able to absorb a big hit then this year. I have a feeling that all they are going to do is just move the bulk of money owed Sanchez to next year.

Mark is aware that the offense needs help and with the current state of the cap getting talent to help it will be hard. So if he restructures it can be a win win for both parties.

The Jets get cap room to work some free agency magic and Sanchez has a more talented team with which he can potential revitalize his career with.

If it doesn't work out next year the cap hit is more doable and both parties part ways.

Just my 2 cents.
    As it is they would take a 5mill mill cap hit getting rid of Sanchez next year. You propose to "move the bulk of money owed Sanchez to next year" and in the same breath say the cap hit would be more doable? WTF?!??!?!?!?!?!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The Jets are going to ride 2013 with Sanchez. Its all but a gimmee at this point. The team will not take that hit to cut Sanchez, but instead, stupidly put him out there again in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle, or surrounding him with talent to see if that was his issue last year.

Just embrace it and it becomes easier to cope with.
    Again there is no "hit" it costs the same to keep him or cut him.