Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tank the season?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Comparing him to Tebow??? Wow dude. Tebow was slow as hell, he just bulled guys over. Manziel is comparable to Vick with his running. Not to mention Tebow had an all-time bad throwing motion. Manziel's mechanics are actually pretty solid.
    I'm not comparing them as prospects. I'm comparing them in the sense that they both worked magic in college, have accumulated a cult like fanbase, and have become massively overrated as prospects.

And I have no idea where you're getting this Vick comparison. Manziel isn't half as explosive of a runner as RG3 or Kaepernick, much less Vick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Tebow was magic everytime I watched him at Florida.

The magic hasn't exactly translated to the pro game.
    UT. Sorry bro but you couldn't be more wrong. Manziel is light years better than Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The amount of factual inaccuracies and absurdities in this paragraph is mind-boggling. I wouldn't believe unless it was from the same guy who wrote that the Niners were a great matchup for the Jets earlier in the year and that the Niners were weak and overrated.

You have some off the wall opinions dude, I'll stick to the experts and my own informed analysis though. LOL at Barkley best ever out of USC. I guess Carson Palmer never existed and scouts haven't slid Barkley out of the 1st round.

Bridgewater and Brohm both went to Louisville, clearly they should be compared together, that's the only criteria obviously. Let's also compare Aaron Rodgers to Zach Maynard. I mean, heck, they both went to Cal, they must be identical under Dreamers logic.

Although if you are trolling (I hope so), you got me pretty good, so there's that
    All I say to that is the 9ers look so much better with Collin. I said it at the beginning of the year that Colin not Smith would bring them to a SB. Really felt Sanchez was do for a good game stupid home I guess. eh to each his own I guess. Every one has different out looks on the game.

Yeah I'd take Barkley over Palmer. I never liked USC QBs but Barkley I just like. The kid plays with heart and I love his leadership. He is without a doubt a better QB then Sanchez or Lienart IMO. If the worst people can say about Barkely is he is not tall enough and from USC I'll still take it. I just love what he does in the game.

No I'm not comparing Aaron Rodgers to Zach Maynard. I am a big east guy or at least used to be not sure who is still in it right now. Brohm had a great SO year even looked better then Bridgewater. Louisville run an O that creates those kinds of big plays and big O #s. They don't play a lot of power house Ds so it looks good most of the time. I just don't think much of Bridgewater is all. I'd take Driskel over him if both declared next year. To me he just screams bust. Sorry if you think other wise but he just isn't some great prospect like Luck was.

Don`t worry about intentionally tanking the season. The Jets will do just fine on their own trying as hard to win as they can. I see 2-14 to maybe 4-12 with this current team, new GM, new coaches everywhere, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Don`t worry about intentionally tanking the season. The Jets will do just fine on their own trying as hard to win as they can. I see 2-14 to maybe 4-12 with this current team, new GM, new coaches everywhere, etc.
    They could certainly use the high draft choices. Hopefully Idzik will draft well.

All League
    I have no clue why people keep mentioning Manziel.

When the hell was the last time that a 6'0 200 lb QB with a so-so arm went that high in the draft?
    Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Our team is awful. So its going to be either "Just End the Season" or "Just Tank the Season".

Ill take JTTS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Could be worse Joe

ONLY if your hero the spectacularly incompetent POS Teblow were still on the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Just for the record Ray. You predicted 5 wins in 2009 and 6 wins in 2010.

Stick to drinking your three gallons of beer each and every day, something you are good at...football forecasting....not so much
    Last edited by sg3; 02-09-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Tanking the season would be a good/great idea if I thought we could execute well on that plan but I do not think this organization would be able to do that.

RG3 measured in at 6'3 at the combine last year. And those are strict measurements.

And I don't buy for one second that Manziel is 6'1. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't even measure in at 6'0 even.

The kid is small as hell.
    He's small in weight, but he's taller than both Brees and Wilson. He has the ability of Wilson to move around the pocket and just make plays. He could be special. I'm interested to see what he does next season at A&M. If he has another spectacular season he'll be sure to come out, but he does need to put some lbs on. I'm sure he'll be working on that this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Tanking the season would be a good/great idea if I thought we could execute well on that plan but I do not think this organization would be able to do that.
    Indy has done it .... Twice !

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Indy has done it .... Twice !
    I know. And it was a brilliant move both times.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Just for the record Ray. You predicted 5 wins in 2009 and 6 wins in 2010.

Stick to drinking your three gallons of beer each and every day, something you are good at...football forecasting....not so much
    and you predicted 13 and 15 wins those seasons. LOL Stick to mooching and crashing other peoples` tailgates. You`re really good at that. Why not drive to the game for a change and bring your own grill, food and drinks? Oh, I see. Taking things from mothers refridgerator, which is next to your bed in the basement, is a no no.