Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flacco cheating scandal

Did it happen? No?

Moving on.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    You're right I'd much rather talking about cutting Tebow for the 100th time. It's the offseason bro not much else happening.
    +1

Dont let these peeps rain on your parade. Defend the thread. Respect the thread. Honor the thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wrong.

NFL Rule Book's Rule 12, Section 3, Article 3:

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score."

There is no way Flacco gets away with that. It would be a touchdown, 49ers, and a SB victory if Ginn had "daylight" and Flacco or one of his goons decided to jump onto the field.

This is a really stupid debate, anyway, even Flacco isn't really that dumb. I could see maybe Cutler trying it, though, heh.
    The NFL really has a rule for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    They should have just had their trainer trip him.

God I hate cheaters.
    Yeah, like what the Patriots do.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027832

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Where's the scandal.
    Obfuscated by the lack of Outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    What an idiot did anyone hear this yet? Guy's telling his team to tackle the kick returner from the sidelines if he breaks one for a TD and everyone on the team is just ignoring him or shaking their head.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...6pLid%3D267427
    Wacko Flacco!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    What a stupid article. Next...
    agreed!

Rookie
    Slow news day in the NFL......Move along.... Nothing to see here

Like Flacco could have made that tackle...

This is the sort of article or 'scandal' that matters to if you hate the ravens or are sucking on some seriously sour grapes.

I wish it had happened because it would have been ****ing hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I think the word "scandal" is being thrown around way too loosely.
    don't forget "slander"

Reminded me of this old football story that I read when I was a kid...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSteC...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx View Post
    It seems blindingly obvious to me that he wasn't even the slightest bit serious. Maybe it's just me.
    It's not just you. LoL. Unbelievable that some people actually think he was serious.
    Kind of like saying, "if King Kong were to parachute down onto the field, dude, I'd run out there with a giant banana."
    It was totally a tongue-in-cheek joke. 49er fans (and closet 49er fans) are still just pissed the Ravens kicked their ass.

It's kind of like when Buddy Ryan used to have that jumbo formation on defense. If the opposing offense was on the goal line and there was not a lot of time left he'd put 14 guys in on defense on purpose. That way time would come off the clock and when they get called for penalties they wouldn't lose any yardage anyway.

I'm not sure he'd actually have done it. But if you're on the verge of winning the Super Bowl, you'd do or say anything to finish the job though...

I found this more interesting and much funnier. Who says this guy didn`t win anything in his career? LOL

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...ecommended_5_5

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I think the rule will be changed as from my understanding the only consequence from him doing that would the player would be ejected. There isn't anything in the rules book that would have rewarded him a touchdown. One of these obscure things that the Nfl didn't cover. So if I read it correctly that was pretty smart by Joe Flacco to realize he could get away with something under current NFL rules.
    I'm sure he learned that from his coach.