Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you expect the Jets to compete next year ?

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    We agree.

Trade Revis for QB Alex Smith a West Coast offense QB

1st round. take OLB/DE Dion Jordan (Oregon) Best OLB/DE in a 3-4 defense.
    2nd round. take RB Joseph Randle (Oklahoma State). Good WCO fit.
    3rd round. Take S Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma). Has been compared with Troy Polamalu

Fill out the rest of draft with WR's and OL'men.
    For everyone saying Alex Smith is the answer, you have to know that he will only be a short term option. In three years from now, Smith will be in a similar boat Sanchez is in now. We need to suck next year. Period. The Jets have been a mediocre team consistently. We need a number one pick to give us the next great quarterback. See the 1997 Colts, 2011 Colts, 2011 Redskins. We suck next year, we get Manziel or Bridgewater and we have a team for years to come. Move from being consistently mediocre to consistent competitors. This needs to happen for all of us, we've been through enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by revislsland View Post
    For everyone saying Alex Smith is the answer, you have to know that he will only be a short term option. In three years from now, Smith will be in a similar boat Sanchez is in now. We need to suck next year. Period. The Jets have been a mediocre team consistently. We need a number one pick to give us the next great quarterback. See the 1997 Colts, 2011 Colts, 2011 Redskins. We suck next year, we get Manziel or Bridgewater and we have a team for years to come. Move from being consistently mediocre to consistent competitors. This needs to happen for all of us, we've been through enough.
    If the D continues to get better, we don't need a great qb.

We need a franchise QB to compete for the big prize. We don't have one but I'm hoping that our 4 win 2013 season will put us in position to draft one.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Idzik brings in Matt Moore with MacElroy the backup, the Jets will be competitive

If he brings in a stiff like Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Matt Flynn or sticks with the Pick Machine at QB the Jets will be lucky to win 7

Yes very much so. Draft a QB and start something. We still have a lot of good pieces on this team. 6-10 and we flat out didn't even try in the last 2 games, so this isn't a hopeless team when they try. We have a good D and some good WRs. If our OC improves on the O we should contend IMO. Sometimes all it takes is that right QB to put it all together.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Get Foles.

Jets Insider VIP
    We will be competing for the number 1 pick in the draft.

Well given that Sanchez is due so much money and that he has already started to work with someone who knows how the new OC works I am hopeful that he can at least make some improvement although I know that's saying much.

If we draft a QB in 2014 than we might as well trade talent now and get what we can for them because we are going to be rebuilding for a long time with the possible release of all of L'B's, O/L and R/B

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I think we can. We won 6 games with some of the worst QB play I've ever seen. Even if we had a journeyman QB, we would have won at least a few more games.

Rex is going to field a solid defense. A good RB, and a halfway competent QB, and we can still be competitive. Not world-beaters, but competitive.
    Agreed, also add getting our receivers and CB back and a full complement of draft picks including #9 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I think we can. We won 6 games with some of the worst QB play I've ever seen. Even if we had a journeyman QB, we would have won at least a few more games.

Rex is going to field a solid defense. A good RB, and a halfway competent QB, and we can still be competitive. Not world-beaters, but competitive.

THIS

I think we win 8 to 10 games.

All League
    If the stars align in our favor, we'll do OK...but there are some BIG question marks in addition to the riddle that is Mark Sanchez...

Can Hill develop some hands?

Will Holmes be the same coming back from a LisFranc fracture/sprain? That dx has ruined MANY a sports career, and a WR needs to be able to plant and cut...it's not a given Holmes will be anywhere near the WR he was previously...hell, he just had a second surgery in February. I'm not even sure he'll be ready for TC.

We need to nail a draft, plain and simple...we need some starters from this draft, not just part time contributors.

I'm banking on 5-6 wins and another high DP next year. Too much has to happen 'right' to expect anything better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We will be competing for the number 1 pick in the draft.
    Only if your boy, the ultra horrible Teblow starts at QB

Every year teams go from the bottom to the top (Colts, Vikings last year). In this day and age, you should expect your team to compete EVERY year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Given all our needs and change in management and coaching I was wondering how many of you really feel that this team can compete next year or will be in a rebuilding mode ? For me it will be a good chance to see if Sanchez continues his decline or can make it back and whether we get some decent talent that can add to this team without taking up cap space.
    Sanchez make it back? from where? The guy has not been a great QB for us since he got here. has he ever completed over 60 per cent of his passes? The Jets can not win a SB with an inaccurate QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Rebuilding mode. I think we win between 4-6 games this season.
    This

Jets play good when every1 counts them out. so yes they might showup and make playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    yes............ for the #1 overall pick in 2014
    depends on this draft and offseason, but if they follow past examples, yes. #1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post

I'm banking on 5-6 wins and another high DP next year. Too much has to happen 'right' to expect anything better.
    +1

[QUOTE=Greenwave81;4808692]If the stars align in our favor, we'll do OK...but there are some BIG question marks in addition to the riddle that is Mark Sanchez...

Can Hill develop some hands?

Will Holmes be the same coming back from a LisFranc fracture/sprain? That dx has ruined MANY a sports career, and a WR needs to be able to plant and cut...it's not a given Holmes will be anywhere near the WR he was previously...hell, he just had a second surgery in February. I'm not even sure he'll be ready for TC.

We need to nail a draft, plain and simple...we need some starters from this draft, not just part time contributors.

I'm banking on 5-6 wins and another high DP next year. Too much has to happen 'right' to expect anything better.[/QUOTE]

Makes 4 a big story. Thats what nfl likes .. MASSIVE DRAMA!

Will we compete? For what?

Super Bowl?

LOL

Playoffs?

Probably not.

Will we be one of the worst teams in the league?

Nope. Not as long as Rex is the coach. He's too good on the defensive side of the ball. I don't see how the offense can be worse next year (it can be as bad, but not worse). Add in a tougher schedule and we're probably looking at another 6 win season. If the offense magically transforms into an average unit, we'll win 9 games.