Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Says Welker Wants Out Of NE...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Pats will always find a way to be good.

AS GOOD, that's the question. We'll see. He's not out yet, he just wants out (allegedly). Could be a negotiating ploy. Doesn't mean they won't figure something out.
    What makes you think they will be good after Brady retires?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, now it's official. Welker's headed back to New England.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Good ownership is very important, and the pats do have that. When you talking long range, that is the only thing that is constant.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't hurt to have an elite, HoF QB either. But, no, I'm sure Ryan Whoeverthehell will step in and keep the show going.

lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets should look at Danny Amendola (Rams). Wes Welker, Wayne Chrebet type reciever, younger, 27 years old. Injury history ear may have made signeable at a decent price.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/9037/

Amendola brings another dimension, he's one of the NFL's leaders in Kickoff and punt returns. Led the Rams in receiving in 2010.
    Last edited by rajensen088; 02-08-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats have been grooming Edelman specifically for this day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Pats have been grooming Edelman specifically for this day.
    Maybe. But, unlike Welker, he is not very durable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What makes you think they won't?

The Pats are one of the best organizations in terms of adapting to the evolution of the NFL.

They'll be up there for a while. I hope they go 0-16, but I think they'll be strong for a while.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Jets should look at Danny Amendola (Rams). Wes Welker, Wayne Chrebet type reciever, younger, 27 years old. Injury history ear may have made signeable at a decent price.

Amendola brings another dimension, he's one of the NFL's leaders in Kickoff and punt returns. Led the Rams in receiving in 2010.
    he is going to look to get 6 mill and has been banged up. how does that fit the jets?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Doesn't matter. As long as Brady is there, they'll be fine. Edelman or whatever will replace Welker.
    Well said. Let's keep things in perspective...Brady is the organ grinder and guys like Welker are the monkeys. Welker goes anywere else, and he's JAG.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    he is going to look to get 6 mill and has been banged up. how does that fit the jets?
    When you suck, and are salary cap strapped, you don't sign FA WRs, especially with the other glaring problems that need to be addressed first.

A crappy QB (with a crappy completion percentage) can't throw Calvin Johnson the ball from his back, with no running game to help either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Well said. Let's keep things in perspective...Brady is the organ grinder and guys like Welker are the monkeys. Welker goes anywere else, and he's JAG.
    Had Chrebet, in his prime, been on one of the NE teams in the last 5-6 years, he would have had at least one or two All Pro seasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats need to do something drastic on offense. I could see them trading 2 #1s to arz for fitzgerald. Its time for a bold move to get ne over the hump.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing GM... as good as he has been, those big drops in the Super Bowl along with his age, would prevent me from signing him to anything more than a two year deal. If he wants too much cash, let him walk. With the tight ends and running game working for the Patriots he really does not have them over a barrel. What situation is better for him than New England ? Unless he is willing to play from some bottom feeder with loads of cap room.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Pats need to do something drastic on offense. I could see them trading 2 #1s to arz for fitzgerald. Its time for a bold move to get ne over the hump.
    Bruce Ariens is way too excited to have a wide receiver like Fitzgerald bringing his scheme to life, to trade him away. It's true they don't have a qb but without Fitzgerald they are the Jets on offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Bruce Ariens is way too excited to have a wide receiver like Fitzgerald bringing his scheme to life, to trade him away. It's true they don't have a qb but without Fitzgerald they are the Jets on offense.
    Considering we beat them 7-6 with McElroy, they're at that point now.

They were 4-0, and finished 5-11.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post

I don't see him making 6 mil not in this FA year. He barely returned Ks last year. He'd be competing with guys like Cribbs, Ginn, Brandon Tate, and Wes who out side of Wes I'll be shocked if any of them make 6. I think Cribbs is going to be a bargain pick up for someone. He is 29 so will likely not see as much as the others on that list. I'd be thrilled it we could pull off a 3 or 4 year deal for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't see him making 6 mil not in this FA year. He barely returned Ks last year. He'd be competing with guys like Cribbs, Ginn, Brandon Tate, and Wes who out side of Wes I'll be shocked if any of them make 6. I think Cribbs is going to be a bargain pick up for someone. He is 29 so will likely not see as much as the others on that list. I'd be thrilled it we could pull off a 3 or 4 year deal for him.
    he is a slot receiver that can catch the ball, something that the other 3 you listed can't do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Pats could easily find a receiver and plug him in Welkers spot and he will catch 70 balls for 1200 yards. It's their system and their QB. I also don't see a big contract in Welkers future. He has been great with great numbers but it all has to be taking its toll on him. You can just sense that Welkers is one unlucky hit from being on the shelf. It's coming.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think those are all awful signings for the Pats.

I'd spend a few bucks on Amendola. He'll fit right in and put up Welker stats in that offense.

Plus, Gronk will be healthy (hopefully for NE), Lloyd. You need that intermediate guy like Amendola/Welker.
    Braylon wouldn't be an awful signing(unless you're Dreamers) for them and I pray they don't sign him(and the Jets do)...