Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138

Thread: Francesa Says Welker Wants Out Of NE...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Francesa Says Welker Wants Out Of NE...

    Snoozy just reported on his radio show that he has his "sauces" that have been telling him that Welker is tired of being unappreciated by the Pats and their fans...

    Says Welker will be flirting with the 49'ers once FA begins...

    Would be nice for Brady to lose his security blanket...

    Does Francesa have reliable info, or is this just BS?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    They used Welker like a whore.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure he would like to finish his career with a winner....

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welker has been steady but I think Kraft still blames him for not pulling in that pass in the Super Bowl against the Giants.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats are going to sign Wrs. I could see them franchising Welker again and giving big money to Wallace and also go after Jennings. Or let Welker walk and sign Jennings and Wallace.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wes has done a lot in his career time to get paid. If NE will not someone else will. I could see Philly using some of that carry over to bring him into Chips O.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats will always find a way to be good.

    AS GOOD, that's the question. We'll see. He's not out yet, he just wants out (allegedly). Could be a negotiating ploy. Doesn't mean they won't figure something out.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welker is a lot less valuable when he doesn't have Brady as his QB. He won't get paid like he wants to. He's also taken a lot of big hits in his career and will have concussion issues like Chrebet leading to early retirement.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amendola and/or Hartline are perfect for Pats. Book it

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me among the Patriots fans making Welker feel unappreciated. Great player, love his production and -- especially -- his toughness. But good riddance if he wants anything more than, say, 2 yrs $16 million. Too many drops at critical times (including the two famous ones against the Giants and Ravens in the playoffs) have soured me.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't matter. As long as Brady is there, they'll be fine. Edelman or whatever will replace Welker.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Count me among the Patriots fans making Welker feel unappreciated. Great player, love his production and -- especially -- his toughness. But good riddance if he wants anything more than, say, 2 yrs $16 million. Too many drops at critical times (including the two famous ones against the Giants and Ravens in the playoffs) have soured me.
    I don't know man. Big drops are certainly something to worry about, but he has also made many clutch catches in his Patriots career. More importantly though I think the Patriots offense is one of the only in the league that absolutely dominates with a moving the chains... (lots of 2nd and 6, 3rd and 3 etc) style offense. He is leaned on heavily for a lot of those 3rd down plays and thus I think he's one of the only players on their offense that would be noticeably missed. That said, the salary cap is what it is and the Patriots aren't going to outrageously overpay him no matter the cost.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st. I don't think Welker cares if some fans don't appreciate his contributions.
    2nd. The pats IMO will say bye to Welker this year.
    3rd. SF, how the hell are they in the market for an expensive slot receiver? Goldson, Sapaoga, Francouis and Delanie Walker, all need to be signed, they are up against the cap now, but will save 7mill from Smith, but that is not enough to sign 2 of the guys that are on the team already.

    Teams that are good fits with cap room, playoff contenders are IMO
    Denver, would be a great spot, stokley is done.
    The Bears, With Marshall on the outside Cutler would appreciate him
    Indy, they got the room and the need - young qb will love the security blanket
    Cinci, see above

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Count me among the Patriots fans making Welker feel unappreciated. Great player, love his production and -- especially -- his toughness. But good riddance if he wants anything more than, say, 2 yrs $16 million. Too many drops at critical times (including the two famous ones against the Giants and Ravens in the playoffs) have soured me.
    seriously, if anyone has earned the right to a good contract it's Welker. A few drops of tough balls but - jeez - SO many clutch plays. The most clutch player on NE. PLus, I think he has gone far (really too far) giving himself up for big hits and whatnot.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I don't know man. Big drops are certainly something to worry about, but he has also made many clutch catches in his Patriots career. More importantly though I think the Patriots offense is one of the only in the league that absolutely dominates with a moving the chains... (lots of 2nd and 6, 3rd and 3 etc) style offense. He is leaned on heavily for a lot of those 3rd down plays and thus I think he's one of the only players on their offense that would be noticeably missed. That said, the salary cap is what it is and the Patriots aren't going to outrageously overpay him no matter the cost.
    Agree with all of this. But I have serious doubts that having Welker as the focal point of the offense is the way to playoff success. The Pats have only broken 20 points once in their last 5 playoff losses (21 against the Jets). I think their over-reliance on Welker has been a huge part of those offensive failures.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Amendola and/or Hartline are perfect for Pats. Book it
    Both will be too pricey. I am thinking Brandon Gibson, Braylon Edwards, Santana Moss (if cut)

    The pats have just 15mill after the rookies and need to sign Thomas, Volmer, Welker, Talib, Woodhead, Endleman.
    Last edited by patman; 02-08-2013 at 06:33 PM.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Both will be too pricey. I am thinking Brandon Gibson, Braylon Edwards, Santana Moss (if cut)
    I think those are all awful signings for the Pats.

    I'd spend a few bucks on Amendola. He'll fit right in and put up Welker stats in that offense.

    Plus, Gronk will be healthy (hopefully for NE), Lloyd. You need that intermediate guy like Amendola/Welker.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Agree with all of this. But I have serious doubts that having Welker as the focal point of the offense is the way to playoff success. The Pats have only broken 20 points once in their last 5 playoff losses (21 against the Jets). I think their over-reliance on Welker has been a huge part of those offensive failures.
    Well I would agree with that. It's clear that New England can get away with having a strong TE and slot receiver approach to offense, but I'm shocked that they haven't made any kind of move to get a vertical stretch the field type receiver to compliment it. Of course this could be a much different conversation if they had a healthy Gronk down the stretch. He basically is the verticality in their offense. I guess I just don't think getting rid of him will necessarily mean a successful transition to a new type of offense. Their offense was downright terrifying when they had an elite Moss stretching the field with Welker scampering around for first downs like a toupeed 32 sidestepping Hoverounds at Disney World.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Well I would agree with that. It's clear that New England can get away with having a strong TE and slot receiver approach to offense, but I'm shocked that they haven't made any kind of move to get a vertical stretch the field type receiver to compliment it. Of course this could be a much different conversation if they had a healthy Gronk down the stretch. He basically is the verticality in their offense. I guess I just don't think getting rid of him will necessarily mean a successful transition to a new type of offense. Their offense was downright terrifying when they had an elite Moss stretching the field with Welker scampering around for first downs like a toupeed 32 sidestepping Hoverounds at Disney World.
    Good points (and LOL).

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think those are all awful signings for the Pats.

    I'd spend a few bucks on Amendola. He'll fit right in and put up Welker stats in that offense.

    Plus, Gronk will be healthy (hopefully for NE), Lloyd. You need that intermediate guy like Amendola/Welker.
    He is hurt too much for me.

    The pats need someone on the outside, Gibson and Edwards will fill that
    Endleman & Hernandez will be the slot, Lloyd and Gronk the mid field, what they don't have is someone to run 7 and 9s.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us