Thread: Where would QB's Bridgewater, Boyd and Manziel get drafted if they declared this yr?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Where would QB's Bridgewater, Boyd and Manziel get drafted if they declared this yr?

1 Bridgewatr (6'3 220 lbs)
    2 Boyd (6'1 220 lbs) Clemson
    3 Manziel (6'1 200 lbs)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater - top 3 pick.
    Boyd - 3rd
    Manziel - late 1st, early 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be hard for Manziel to get past the Eagles and Chip Kelly in the first round, hes pretty much tailor made to run an offense like kelly wants to run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater would likely be the 3rd QB off the board in the 1st. For all his hype right now if you put him side by side vs Geno or Barkley they they just have a better body of work to look at. He is very much an unproven talent right now with very little game tape to look at. It would be a Sanchez leap IMO right now. Manziel I really don't think will be a high pick at all. I'll actually say 3rd round and that is coming off the Heisman hype. One year of college ball doesn't make you ready to play pro and he just doesn't look like a pro QB. He just isn't a very good pro prospect he is all name. Boyd I'd think would be the bigger commodity right now. He would ride the Colin, Wilson, Cam trend in a spread. Would likely end up a 2nd rounder like Pat White did, I wouldn't expect a whole lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think it would be hard for Manziel to get past the Eagles and Chip Kelly in the first round, hes pretty much tailor made to run an offense like kelly wants to run.
    I would think Landry or Boyd would fit Chip better. I still see them going after Jones in the 2nd. He seems to be a guy the Eagles have been drooling over for years and they could get him cheap in the 2nd. Manziel will end up on a team desperate to get fans in the stands IMO. Like Jax or Cleveland.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater is good but he's far from a lock at this point. Remember last year when people thought Barkley was the next Montana?

Barkley is far an away the best prospect of those 3 and I'd put Geno Smith ahead of them too.

Teddy needs a huge year to get into the 1st round conversation.

Manziel has a lot to prove as a passer.

Boyd, if he can build on that incredible performance vs. LSU, could cement himself as a top 10 pick. He also needs a big year.

You didn't mention Aaron Murray, and he is IMO the best or 2nd best on that list right now behind Boyd. If he can gain some weight and have another great year at Georgia, he's a probably 1st rounder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Bridgewater is good but he's far from a lock at this point. Remember last year when people thought Barkley was the next Montana?

Barkley is far an away the best prospect of those 3 and I'd put Geno Smith ahead of them too.

Teddy needs a huge year to get into the 1st round conversation.

Manziel has a lot to prove as a passer.

Boyd, if he can build on that incredible performance vs. LSU, could cement himself as a top 10 pick. He also needs a big year.

You didn't mention Aaron Murray, and he is IMO the best or 2nd best on that list right now behind Boyd. If he can gain some weight and have another great year at Georgia, he's a probably 1st rounder.
    Out side of Boyd not many of the SRs are really even worth looking at next year IMO. This is CBS top 10.

A.J. McCarron - Meh game manager is not a pro starter QB.

Logan Thomas - Complete garbage IMO. Makes Tebow look good like Joe Mantana.

Aaron Murray - About the same as McCarron's, smarter but doesn't have a hot mom.

Zach Mettenberger - Anther LSU 6'5 230 lb low ball QB nothing special worth a mid rounder.

Tajh Boyd - Play maker could be a spread option QB.

Derek Carr - The only guy that actually looks like a pro QB. Him or Boyd will likely lead the QB class next year with is not great.

David Fales - Has a good QB ever come out of the Western Athletic?

Jeff Mathews - WHO? Cornell has a football team who knew. I kid but really who was the last good player to come out of Cornell?

Tyler Russell - 6'4 220 out side of that useless.

Bryn Renner - Actually no reason for him to be this low IMO. Not a great prospect but better then a few here.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Teddy Bridgewater was in this draft class, he would be the starting quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013.

He is that good. Throws a great, accurate ball. Athletic, smart. First overall pick.

He's a better version of Geno Smith, who might go number one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater would be a no-brainer pick for KC, he'd easily be the top QB prospect and zero chance he'd get by Andy Reid. People don't understand how good this guy is. He made Florida's D look very bad and Bridgewater is playing with 2-3 star recruit skill position players, no Louisville RB or WR is worth a damn. As a Rutgers alum, I can say we had a fantastic D this year (we'll have several guys from it taken in April). He beat us with one leg and a sprained left wrist. Dude couldn't move at all and just destroyed our D with his precision passing in the 2nd half.

Manziel I have a hard time seeing fall past the Eagles with Kelly there. Perfect to run that offense

Boyd probably 2nd round pick in the mix with guys like Glennon and Barkley
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 02-09-2013 at 06:13 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Bridgewater - top 3 pick.
    Boyd - 3rd
    Manziel - late 1st, early 2nd.
    This

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Manziel would be drafted at #9.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater- 1st overall pick

Manziel- 2nd overall pick from a tradeup

Boyd- 2nd rounder

Bridgewater and Manziel are the real deal in different ways.....If the Jets ended up with either guy next season we will have a franchise QB for a decade+ no doubt about it

I don't buy the Manziel not built for the NFL at all....Not after RG3, Kaepernick, and Russell Wilson this season