Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94

Thread: Can the Jets Get Pass-Happy?

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Irrational psychobabble.

    He's a kid, the follies last year are media entertainment and fodder for overly emotional fans too damn sensitive to realize they are being spun by the media.

    The Moore incident has been overplayed, but I will forever remain convinced it was a play Sanchez was trying to make something out of nothing, and the play was blown up by Moore being thrown back into the path he was headed.

    I'm not being "rah rah," I'm simply suggesting reality, you deal with fantasy, you are a fantasy sports nerd, that is the basis of your arguments on this site 90% of the time, fantasy sports has ruined the modern day fan, they all think they know more than they actually do, because they pulled off a hell of a trade that won them their fantasy championship, or started that franchise in Madden, so now fans are wannabee GM's and coaches.
    +1000

    THAT is reality.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Sanchez was fine throwing that pass BEFORE the Jets "coaching" staff got to him!!!

    Just a reminder on Sanchez' draft profile!!!!

    MARK SANCHEZ

    Strengths: Solid size and adequate bulk ... Impressive statistical production in junior season ... Extremely fluid athlete ... Outstanding mobility ... Great pocket awareness and knows how to step up into and around the pocket to get the ball off ... Has the sixth sense for the pass rush ... Strong arm and can make all the NFL throws, but it isn't elite ... Very solid, consistent accuracy ... Fluid footwork ... Very quick release ... Nice touch on the football ... Throws a sweet deep ball ... Looks like a natural in the pocket and throwing the ball on the run .... Highly intelligent ... Spent four years at USC around a traditional West Coast playbook ... Field general ... Reportedly great work ethic ... Extremely high upside.

    Weaknesses:Very inexperienced; only threw 487 pass attempts in his career with only one year of starting experience ... Started out hot, but had inconsistent accuracy during the middle of the season ... Unimpressive as a sophomore ... Needs a little more work on reading defenses ... Could put on a few more pounds of muscle ... Major durability concerns ... Will likely need a year with a clipboard before he is ready to start ....

    See the Jets had their own secret ways of developing him. First take him out of the WCO that he was familiar with and then start him right away with coaches who dont know what they are doing and presto wait four years and you have a horrible QB!!!!
    What was Vernon Gholston's draft profile? I guess the jets coaching staff ruined him too. He surely would have been a stud if developed properly.

    The reason Sanchez is a complete bust is because he is the antithesis of what you look for in a QB.

    HORRIFIC accuracy
    completely careless with the football
    inability to read a defense
    completely folds when facing adversity
    horrible leadership intangibles


    It seriously boggles my mind how anyone can support Sanchez. He's a terrible player and has been since he was a rookie. 2010 was his best year and he was still below average on every statistical metric of evaluating a QB despite being on a stacked team.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,726
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    What was Vernon Gholston's draft profile? I guess the jets coaching staff ruined him too. He surely would have been a stud if developed properly.

    The reason Sanchez is a complete bust is because he is the antithesis of what you look for in a QB.

    HORRIFIC accuracy
    completely careless with the football
    inability to read a defense
    completely folds when facing adversity
    horrible leadership intangibles


    It seriously boggles my mind how anyone can support Sanchez. He's a terrible player and has been since he was a rookie. 2010 was his best year and he was still below average on every statistical metric of evaluating a QB despite being on a stacked team.
    So coaching is meaningless in developing a player. What a dumb argument.

  4. #44
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So coaching is meaningless in developing a player. What a dumb argument.
    It certainly isn't the end all, be all.

    Look at the overbearing amount of 1st round QB's who have busted over the past 40 years.

    Did they all fail simply because they weren't developed properly?

    No, some guys just can't cut it at the next level.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It certainly isn't the end all, be all.

    Look at the overbearing amount of 1st round QB's who have busted over the past 40 years.

    Did they all fail simply because they weren't developed properly?

    No, some guys just can't cut it at the next level.
    And yet, the Jets blatantly disregarded the advice in the scouting report on which basis they made the decision to draft him. That is just plain stupid. Obivously it was motivated by need and hubris to think they could make it work despite all advice to the contrary. It's hard to dispute they blew it. Sixteen starts with someone who was known to have trouble reading defenses and they threw him into the fire? You could hardly expect any other result.

  6. #46
    No this organization is obsessed with having a 1990's offense. Run-Run-Pass-Punt.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It certainly isn't the end all, be all.

    Look at the overbearing amount of 1st round QB's who have busted over the past 40 years.

    Did they all fail simply because they weren't developed properly?

    No, some guys just can't cut it at the next level.
    The majority of 1st round QB's the last have been busts. Nothing to do with coaching or scheme people like Akili Smith, Matt Leinart, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich and Tim Couch were just never good to begin with. I love the people who defend David Carr. He sucked when he had a good OL and Steve Smith in Carolina and lost his job to 50 year old Testaverde.


    Mark Sanchez is like Joe Montana compared to most of the 1st round qb's the last 20 years.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    The reason Sanchez is a complete bust is because he is the antithesis of what you look for in a QB.

    HORRIFIC accuracy
    completely careless with the football
    inability to read a defense
    completely folds when facing adversity
    horrible leadership intangibles
    2 playoff runs to include 4 wins on the road in the playoffs and 26 tds and 3400 yards passing in 2011 is pretty good for a "complete bust." Sanchez sucked last year but we had nothing at the WR and TE positions, an average at best OL and ofcourse Tim Tebow had to do his 1 yard and dust wildcat play anytime our offense got any momentum. Any QB would have self-destructed in that situation.


    The Jets fans killing Sanchez and screaming that he's the worst player in the NFL and needs to be cut are the exact same people who screamed at the tops of their houses in 2008 that we had to get rid of Brett Favre because he threw 22 picks in the '08 season. Guess what? We keep Favre in 2009 with Rex handling the defense we probably win the 2009 Super Bowl. F yourselves.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-09-2013 at 02:34 PM.

  9. #49
    The Jets already tried to open up the offense the year before last when shotty was here. the result? They had to go back to ground and pound because the Qb couldn't handle it.

    They will try no matter who the Qb is because that is the oc's method but if sanchez is the qb be prepared for a lot of pain.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    What was Vernon Gholston's draft profile? I guess the jets coaching staff ruined him too. He surely would have been a stud if developed properly.

    The reason Sanchez is a complete bust is because he is the antithesis of what you look for in a QB.

    HORRIFIC accuracy
    completely careless with the football
    inability to read a defense
    completely folds when facing adversity
    horrible leadership intangibles


    It seriously boggles my mind how anyone can support Sanchez. He's a terrible player and has been since he was a rookie. 2010 was his best year and he was still below average on every statistical metric of evaluating a QB despite being on a stacked team.
    It's called development

    It boggles my mind that NOBODY understands that young players need to be developed, maturity plays a huge factor, and Sanchez is still a young QB, who was already handicapped coming into the league as a 1 year starter, coming out a year early.

    Cavanaugh was fired 1 year too late, this should have happened BEFORE last season.

    It's not unfathomable to consider Sanchez could benefit from better NFL coaching and an offensive system that doesn't try to smother the passing game, which is what he's been asked to do up until this point of his career. Sanchez played in a WCO offensive at USC, the article in the OP of this thread lays out rather nicely the challenges the Jets, Sanchez and the offense have had the last two years, and especially this past year. Sparano's offense involved a system where the WR had to make decisions, had options during the route, it required the QB and WR to be on the same page. Factor in that Sanchez' WR's were shellacked all year with injuries, never ONCE having all 3 of his skill positions on the field consisently over a period of time, how the hell could Sanchez or any QB persevere? Yet, the Sanchez haters COMPLETELY ignores this.

    The glowing result from these Einsteins, Sanchez just sucks, he can't do this, he can't do that, blah blah blah.

    Take the damn time to consider all the factors, and that maybe Sanchez COULD benefit from Mornhinweg and especially Lee.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-09-2013 at 02:50 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It certainly isn't the end all, be all.

    Look at the overbearing amount of 1st round QB's who have busted over the past 40 years.

    Did they all fail simply because they weren't developed properly?

    No, some guys just can't cut it at the next level.
    Yes, this is true, but we've seen Sanchez PERFORM at this level, IN THE PLAYOFFS, and perform WELL in the post season where pressure and the spotlight is the brightest, which renders this part of your argument, as well as many others, completely irrelevant when it pertains to Sanchez,

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    What was Vernon Gholston's draft profile? I guess the jets coaching staff ruined him too. He surely would have been a stud if developed properly.

    The reason Sanchez is a complete bust is because he is the antithesis of what you look for in a QB.

    HORRIFIC accuracy
    completely careless with the football
    inability to read a defense
    completely folds when facing adversity
    horrible leadership intangibles


    It seriously boggles my mind how anyone can support Sanchez. He's a terrible player and has been since he was a rookie. 2010 was his best year and he was still below average on every statistical metric of evaluating a QB despite being on a stacked team.
    When it comes to football you are insane!!

    Sanchez has played poorly but there is no QUESTION that at times he has a time played extremely well.. IMO only silly Jets fans say otherwise.

    Do you even watch the Jets play? Gholston was a disgrace, we are still waiting for him to make a good play!!!

    Clueless!!

    You have the chutzpah to come out here and compare Sanchez to Gholston......

    Good Grief!!!

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    Get a stud runningback and you'll see the passing game become more productive. Backs like Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell will cripple your entire offense. Too many 2 and 10's and 3rd and 8's. We have lots of other needs but I really think a good runningback is what would help our offense the most (other than QB which we will not be addressing this offseason IMO). A Ray Rice type that can catch passes in addition to running well would be ideal.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    And yet, the Jets blatantly disregarded the advice in the scouting report on which basis they made the decision to draft him. That is just plain stupid. Obivously it was motivated by need and hubris to think they could make it work despite all advice to the contrary. It's hard to dispute they blew it. Sixteen starts with someone who was known to have trouble reading defenses and they threw him into the fire? You could hardly expect any other result.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Only the Jets FO and some "fans" out here think that they can do the exact opposite of what everyone else in the NFL thinks should be done and that it will all turn out OK............
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.

  15. #55
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Well since you have been 100% wrong on every other 'prediction', there is now zero chance that Mark will not be starting. Gotta love the unfounded confidence!
    You took the words right out of my mouth

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So coaching is meaningless in developing a player. What a dumb argument.
    Not as stupid as claiming players themselves don't control their own destiny with their play and are instead interchangeable pieces of clay that can magically become good players by coaching.

    If a chef is given rotten vegetables and spoiled meat to cook with, do you blame the chef when the meal tastes bad?

    Whining about the coaching staff not turning Sanchez into a franchise QB is like complaining that a chef can't make ground beef taste like filet mignon. Like a chef, there is only so much coaching can do.

    Sanchez sucks.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    When it comes to football you are insane!!

    Sanchez has played poorly but there is no QUESTION that at times he has a time played extremely well.. IMO only silly Jets fans say otherwise.

    Do you even watch the Jets play? Gholston was a disgrace, we are still waiting for him to make a good play!!!

    Clueless!!

    You have the chutzpah to come out here and compare Sanchez to Gholston......

    Good Grief!!!
    LOL. When has this happened? I can count on one hand how many times Sanchez has played 'extremely well' in over 60 games he played.

    Shonn Greene has the same ratio playing really well once every 12 games, guess that means he has potential and Jets need to keep him too

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Not as stupid as claiming players themselves don't control their own destiny with their play and are instead interchangeable pieces of clay that can magically become good players by coaching.

    If a chef is given rotten vegetables and spoiled meat to cook with, do you blame the chef when the meal tastes bad?

    Whining about the coaching staff not turning Sanchez into a franchise QB is like complaining that a chef can't make ground beef taste like filet mignon. Like a chef, there is only so much coaching can do.

    Sanchez sucks.
    Get the burger at Minetta Tavern. It's ground beef that's far better than filet mignon.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    LOL. When has this happened? I can count on one hand how many times Sanchez has played 'extremely well' in over 60 games he played.

    Shonn Greene has the same ratio playing really well once every 12 games, guess that means he has potential and Jets need to keep him too
    Ummmm you were the one that compared Sanchez to Gholston I didn't!!!

    Now you change it to Shonn Greene as if that is what you were talking about from the begining!!

    You are kidding right!!!

    Good Grief!!!

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,726
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Not as stupid as claiming players themselves don't control their own destiny with their play and are instead interchangeable pieces of clay that can magically become good players by coaching.

    If a chef is given rotten vegetables and spoiled meat to cook with, do you blame the chef when the meal tastes bad?

    Whining about the coaching staff not turning Sanchez into a franchise QB is like complaining that a chef can't make ground beef taste like filet mignon. Like a chef, there is only so much coaching can do.

    Sanchez sucks.
    Sanchez wasn't rotten vegetables entering the draft, at least not according to the draft scout reports. Maybe the opposite actually - a little too green and unripe and needed some time to sit on the shelf and ripen. Cool analogy bro.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us