Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can the Jets Get Pass-Happy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yes, this is true, but we've seen Sanchez PERFORM at this level, IN THE PLAYOFFS, and perform WELL in the post season where pressure and the spotlight is the brightest, which renders this part of your argument, as well as many others, completely irrelevant when it pertains to Sanchez,
    Whoopty sh*t

Rex Grossman played well in the postseason for the Bears in '07 in route to a Superbowl appearance.

Did that force the Bears to committ another 4 or 5 years to him thinking that he was the future?

No, they benched his ass 3 games into the following season and his career in Chicago came to an end.

Banned
    Yes, this is true, but we've seen Sanchez PERFORM at this level, IN THE PLAYOFFS, and perform WELL in the post season where pressure and the spotlight is the brightest, which renders this part of your argument, as well as many others, completely irrelevant when it pertains to Sanchez,
    Are you really that friggn' blind?

Sanchez has started 70 games for the Jets and you cherry-pick 6 games (which he was only along for the ride) to make him out to be a legitimate NFL QB?

The guy is the worst starting QB in the NFL. He can't read a defense if his life depended on it, has no pocket presence whatsoever, can't hit the broadside of a barn with his passes, and has the most turnovers of any QB in the NFL the last 3 seasons.

The guy sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I like the sound of that... unless you mean Sanchez as the QB.

Sanchez is a notoriously terrible thrower of the slant pass and pretty much any short pass in general including being awful at setting up and throwing the screen and checking down to the back 5 yards away. That's his main problem. Our receivers aren't able to get YAK because they are constantly reaching back for the ball. If you watch another team you remember how important accuracy is on those throws. Three yarders turn into fifteen yarders. Sanchez just does not match a quick throw WCO philosophy. (Batted passes anyone?)
    They are gonna have to fill in some of the players, obviously the QB being most important. I'm sure we would all be happy if Sanchez could wake up, McNabb was one of the most inaccurate passers I have ever seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Obviously you need a OL, QB, in any O, however, the back is extremely important so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmm you were the one that compared Sanchez to Gholston I didn't!!!

Now you change it to Shonn Greene as if that is what you were talking about from the begining!!

You are kidding right!!!

Good Grief!!!

If you blame Sanchez's woes on the coaching staff, do you also blame them for Gholston turning out to be a bust?

Like Sanchez, Gholston was a top pick and had a glowing scouting report coming out of college. My point was that some players will struggle to carry over to the pros and are destined to be busts regardless of coaching.

I thought even a simpleton who pretends to be a cartoon character on a sports website could figure out the link between the two. My bad!!!!!!!!!

Sanchez wasn't rotten vegetables entering the draft, at least not according to the draft scout reports. Maybe the opposite actually - a little too green and unripe and needed some time to sit on the shelf and ripen. Cool analogy bro.
    Neither was Gholston. Of course there is absolutely no possibility at all the draft experts were wrong on Sanchez and Gholston right? Sanchez surely would have become a great franchise QB if it wasn't for coaching. Draft experts are always 100% right with their assessments of 21 and 22 year old college players
    Last edited by w0mbat; 02-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.

pass happy with sanchez???hahahaa We ran ball a lot more than other teams and that POS still managed to lead league in turnovers past 2 years

Banned

Or, with talent added to the offense this season, better offensive coaching with Mornhinweg and David Lee, and a philosophy change to the WCO, maybe Sanchez bounces back and gets back on track from where he was after 2010.
    Perfect example why 99% of Jets fans laugh at you.

In 2010, Sanchez completed a whopping 54.8% of his passes, threw 13 INT's and lost 8 fumbles.

Yep, Mornhinweg will make him an elite QB.

Just like you said last year with Sparano.

Jets Insider VIP
    To get "pass-happy" and be successful whilst doing so, the Jets would need solid QB play, solid OL pass-blocking and solid players at the skill positions.

Get back to me when they solve those problems then we can talk, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

In 2010, Sanchez completed a whopping 54.8% of his passes, threw 13 INT's and lost 8 fumbles.

Just like many said last year with Sparano.
    Fixed

how can people say after watching Sanchez for so long he might be good in the WCO?

WCO is mostly short accurate passes and perfect timing between recivers and the QB, those are the worst things that Sanchez does

the worst QB in the league for a WCO is Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    how can people say after watching Sanchez for so long he might be good in the WCO?

WCO is mostly short accurate passes and perfect timing between recivers and the QB, those are the worst things that Sanchez does

+1 ... I've never seen anyone more inaccurate than 2012 Sanchez ... And that includes ... He who shall not be named.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    +1 ... I've never seen anyone more inaccurate than 2012 Sanchez ... And that includes ... He who shall not be named.
    It's amazing, you guys really can't help yourselves. Maybe he'll renounce his faith and delve into gay pr0n, then his fans will be happy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post

Exactly

As you said, to run the WCO you need a QB that is capable of making quick reads, is accurate with the ball and won't turn it over.

How the hell anyone thinks Sanchez is a good fit for this system is baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Just like you said last year with Sparano.
    This has nothing to do with anything I wrote, but as usual, you are trolling, and proving once again why 99% of the board think you are a jackass.

This has nothing to do with anything I wrote, but as usual, you are trolling, and proving once again why 99% of the board think you are a jackass.
    No no no... we hate him cause he's a Pats troll. It's you who we think is a jackass

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    If you blame Sanchez's woes on the coaching staff, do you also blame them for Gholston turning out to be a bust?

Like Sanchez, Gholston was a top pick and had a glowing scouting report coming out of college. My point was that some players will struggle to carry over to the pros and are destined to be busts regardless of coaching.

I thought even a simpleton who pretends to be a cartoon character on a sports website could figure out the link between the two. My bad!!!!!!!!!

Neither was Gholston. Of course there is absolutely no possibility at all the draft experts were wrong on Sanchez and Gholston right? Sanchez surely would have become a great franchise QB if it wasn't for coaching. Draft experts are always 100% right with their assessments of 21 and 22 year old college players

I am a simpleton... Ok

Think on this....not one other poster on this thread or any other thread that I can recall and that includes those that HATE Sanchez would ever compare him to Gholston. No One!!!

To me comparing the two is simply inappropraite thats all.

Good Grief!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    No no no... we hate him cause he's a Pats troll. It's you who we think is a jackass

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

As you said, to run the WCO you need a QB that is capable of making quick reads, is accurate with the ball and won't turn it over.

How the hell anyone thinks Sanchez is a good fit for this system is baffling to me.
    For any QB to be successful in this league they need an offensive gameplan that puts him in good passing situations. In years 1 & 2 of Rex's G&P, Sanchez was afforded that because the running game was stellar , Sanchez wasn't put in 3rd and longs all game long. Plus the D had to respect the run which gave Sanchez some open spaces when Rex reluctantly allowed his O to pass.

We all know what transpired in years 3 & 4 with the talent level on O and the lack of a run game. Many here are quick to pin that blame on Sanchez that he should have carried the team. Well its hard to carry a team in Rex's offensive blueprint.

Enter Mornhinweg and his WCO a offense Sanchez was adept at running at USC. This O allows quick passes and passes that setup the run, something we haven't seen in 4 years from a Rex offense. People look at Sanchez's stats and say he can't play in a WCO his completion % was under 60, You'd be hard pressed to find a QB that could complete 60% in the outdated offense that Rex ran.

And I love when I keep reading he can't read a defense , based on what - oh look I'm watching a game and saw an open wr - he clearly can't read a defense . Unless you know the play calls and progressions on routes for that call you have no idea if he's reading a defense correctly. You can speculate what he should have done on a play but you have no idea even if the recievers are running the correct patterns. That statement even when it comes from announcers is complete and utter bull****.

Look I know Sanchez will never be an elite QB, but given the fact he'll be our starter in 2013 let's at least see what he can do in an O that's not rooted in the leather helmet days.

You want to blame someone , look no further than the sidelines and Mr defense himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Because I have an opinion on Sanchez that you don't like and agree with?

So with your 271 posts, you speak for the board?

Change your name to Kih Sma Hass
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-10-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    For any QB to be successful in this league they need an offensive gameplan that puts him in good passing situations. In years 1 & 2 of Rex's G&P, Sanchez was afforded that because the running game was stellar , Sanchez wasn't put in 3rd and longs all game long. Plus the D had to respect the run which gave Sanchez some open spaces when Rex reluctantly allowed his O to pass.

We all know what transpired in years 3 & 4 with the talent level on O and the lack of a run game. Many here are quick to pin that blame on Sanchez that he should have carried the team. Well its hard to carry a team in Rex's offensive blueprint.

Enter Mornhinweg and his WCO a offense Sanchez was adept at running at USC. This O allows quick passes and passes that setup the run, something we haven't seen in 4 years from a Rex offense. People look at Sanchez's stats and say he can't play in a WCO his completion % was under 60, You'd be hard pressed to find a QB that could complete 60% in the outdated offense that Rex ran.

And I love when I keep reading he can't read a defense , based on what - oh look I'm watching a game and saw an open wr - he clearly can't read a defense . Unless you know the play calls and progressions on routes for that call you have no idea if he's reading a defense correctly. You can speculate what he should have done on a play but you have no idea even if the recievers are running the correct patterns. That statement even when it comes from announcers is complete and utter bull****.

Look I know Sanchez will never be an elite QB, but given the fact he'll be our starter in 2013 let's at least see what he can do in an O that's not rooted in the leather helmet days.

You want to blame someone , look no further than the sidelines and Mr defense himself.