Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Jets Get Pass-Happy?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Or, with talent added to the offense this season, better offensive coaching with Mornhinweg and David Lee, and a philosophy change to the WCO, maybe Sanchez bounces back and gets back on track from where he was after 2010.

Is this not possible?

It's hilarious how many fans have written Sanchez off for their own selfish and ignorant agendas.
    You'd think they won 1 game last year with the way some people here talk.

I'm not saying Sanchez is any good, but has good games now and then. And with Holmes back and having Edwards for a full season, he might be able to win 5 or 6 games.

If ya'll really want to see the team struggle, give the starting job to McElroy lol.

Jets Insider VIP

Or, with talent added to the offense this season, better offensive coaching with Mornhinweg and David Lee, and a philosophy change to the WCO, maybe Sanchez bounces back and gets back on track from where he was after 2010.

Is this not possible?

It's hilarious how many fans have written Sanchez off for their own selfish and ignorant agendas.
    LOL

How many chances does this kid get?

I can already see it now. Sanchez stinks it up again this year and we'll still have guys like you and SAR wanting to give him a 6th year to improve.

If last season didn't prove to you that Sanchez is unsalvageable, then nothing will.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Slants to Holmes, dump offs to backs, 10/15 yarders to TE w/yak, some shots downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Here is my problem with Sanchez running the offense. I have zero confidence that he will be able to read defences.

My plan, let MS, Matt Moore, and McElroy battle it out for the starting spot. Do not waste a draft pick on any of these jag QB's. We've got too many needed to waste one: OL, RB, FB, TE, OLB, ILB, FS, SS, NT, WR (damn that is a long list) starters and depth. We can help ourselves in the draft here but not at QB.
    Matt Moore? No

The young vet QB's I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets bring in to compete are probably Smith, Campbell, and Tavaris Jackson. Of the older vets, I could see Hasselback, and if released, Carson Palmer being options as well.

McElroy is a backup, nothing more, if everybody wants a legit starter competiting with Sanchez, a player that makes sense financially and from a competition standpoint, it is players like the aforementioned list that makes sense. Palmer is probably the most unrealistic, but who knows. I've probably missed a couple more players.

It will be interesting to see what the Jets do once FA starts, because that will give the indication if the Jets want to bring in a FA to compete, or if they will wait for the draft to draft a future QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

How many chances does this kid get?

I can already see it now. Sanchez stinks it up again this year and we'll still have guys like you and SAR wanting to give him a 6th year to improve.

If last season didn't prove to you that Sanchez is unsalvageable, then nothing will.
    Like Pats fans have their Brady bat signal, you have the same signal anytime Sanchez is mentioned.

Before you get your panties twisted, talking about Sanchez getting another chance has more to do with his contract situation than anything else. If now was next year, and the penalty for releasing Sanchez was low, I could see the Jets being more aggressive to move on, but it makes more sense to give him another chance given the current plight of the team's roster, and the talent available in the draft this year.

1 bad year, and I don't even count as 2011 as a bad year, he threw and ran for 31 TD's. Burress was a bust except for the red zone, and Holmes hated Schotty, and injuries on the OL and at RB killed the offense. Before the end of the year skid after week 13, Sanchez was actually having a solid season.

Last year was an abomination, on many levels, many of which were not all on Sanchez.

I'd like to see if Sanchez can rebound under Marty.

Oh, and if Sanchez were given that chance, did earn the starting job, and then bombed out again, why on earth would I suggest giving him another year? Don't be a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    You'd think they won 1 game last year with the way some people here talk.

I'm not saying Sanchez is any good, but has good games now and then. And with Holmes back and having Edwards for a full season, he might be able to win 5 or 6 games.

If ya'll really want to see the team struggle, give the starting job to McElroy lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Matt Moore? No

The young vet QB's I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets bring in to compete are probably Smith, Campbell, and Tavaris Jackson. Of the older vets, I could see Hasselback, and if released, Carson Palmer being options as well.

McElroy is a backup, nothing more, if everybody wants a legit starter competiting with Sanchez, a player that makes sense financially and from a competition standpoint, it is players like the aforementioned list that makes sense. Palmer is probably the most unrealistic, but who knows. I've probably missed a couple more players.

It will be interesting to see what the Jets do once FA starts, because that will give the indication if the Jets want to bring in a FA to compete, or if they will wait for the draft to draft a future QB.
    This is a GOOD POST!!!

This what the Jets should have done for the last two seaosns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Slants to Holmes, dump offs to backs, 10/15 yarders to TE w/yak, some shots downfield.
    I like the sound of that... unless you mean Sanchez as the QB.

Sanchez is a notoriously terrible thrower of the slant pass and pretty much any short pass in general including being awful at setting up and throwing the screen and checking down to the back 5 yards away. That's his main problem. Our receivers aren't able to get YAK because they are constantly reaching back for the ball. If you watch another team you remember how important accuracy is on those throws. Three yarders turn into fifteen yarders. Sanchez just does not match a quick throw WCO philosophy. (Batted passes anyone?)

Dear Rex:

Please, please, PLEASE start Sanchez in 2013. This way we can finally see the elephant sit on and kill the ringmaster, the clowns and the leopards run amok, and Woody will finally have no choice but to finally fold up the tents and ship this sad circus outta town.

- A Jet fan

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I like the sound of that... unless you mean Sanchez as the QB.

Sanchez is a notoriously terrible thrower of the slant pass and pretty much any short pass in general including being awful at setting up and throwing the screen and checking down to the back 5 yards away. That's his main problem. Our receivers aren't able to get YAK because they are constantly reaching back for the ball. If you watch another team you remember how important accuracy is on those throws. Three yarders turn into fifteen yarders. Sanchez just does not match a quick throw WCO philosophy. (Batted passes anyone?)
    Sanchez was fine throwing that pass BEFORE the Jets "coaching" staff got to him!!!

Just a reminder on Sanchez' draft profile!!!!

MARK SANCHEZ

Strengths: Solid size and adequate bulk ... Impressive statistical production in junior season ... Extremely fluid athlete ... Outstanding mobility ... Great pocket awareness and knows how to step up into and around the pocket to get the ball off ... Has the sixth sense for the pass rush ... Strong arm and can make all the NFL throws, but it isn't elite ... Very solid, consistent accuracy ... Fluid footwork ... Very quick release ... Nice touch on the football ... Throws a sweet deep ball ... Looks like a natural in the pocket and throwing the ball on the run .... Highly intelligent ... Spent four years at USC around a traditional West Coast playbook ... Field general ... Reportedly great work ethic ... Extremely high upside.

Weaknesses:Very inexperienced; only threw 487 pass attempts in his career with only one year of starting experience ... Started out hot, but had inconsistent accuracy during the middle of the season ... Unimpressive as a sophomore ... Needs a little more work on reading defenses ... Could put on a few more pounds of muscle ... Major durability concerns ... Will likely need a year with a clipboard before he is ready to start ....

See the Jets had their own secret ways of developing him. First take him out of the WCO that he was familiar with and then start him right away with coaches who dont know what they are doing and presto wait four years and you have a horrible QB!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-09-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Sanchez was fine throwing that pass BEFORE the Jets "coaching" staff got to him!!!
    Haha. Hey we'll see. There's no doubt confidence is a huge problem as well. I have a feeling we'll get to see how he does unless we make a shocking move. I've just seen enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Like Pats fans have their Brady bat signal, you have the same signal anytime Sanchez is mentioned.

Before you get your panties twisted, talking about Sanchez getting another chance has more to do with his contract situation than anything else. If now was next year, and the penalty for releasing Sanchez was low, I could see the Jets being more aggressive to move on, but it makes more sense to give him another chance given the current plight of the team's roster, and the talent available in the draft this year.

1 bad year, and I don't even count as 2011 as a bad year, he threw and ran for 31 TD's. Burress was a bust except for the red zone, and Holmes hated Schotty, and injuries on the OL and at RB killed the offense. Before the end of the year skid after week 13, Sanchez was actually having a solid season.

Last year was an abomination, on many levels, many of which were not all on Sanchez.

I'd like to see if Sanchez can rebound under Marty.

Oh, and if Sanchez were given that chance, did earn the starting job, and then bombed out again, why on earth would I suggest giving him another year? Don't be a moron.
    LOL

Yeah, 2011 wasn't a bad year. I mean, he only turned the ball over 26 f*cking times. No big whoop.

And why would you want Sanchez back if he bombs out again? I don't know, because you're Rah Rah. You're stance on most issues totally defies logic. You consistently blame the media (LOL) for this teams failures. He's bombed out two years in a row now and was never anything to write home about in the first place.

Sanchez's entire 2012 season will be the subject of football follies 20 years from now. People won't even remember those two playoff runs. They'll remember him for running directly into Brandon Moore's ass and contributing to yet another defensive touchdown.

The kid is finished, the kid sucks, I want the kid off my goddamn team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Haha. Hey we'll see. There's no doubt confidence is a huge problem as well. I have a feeling we'll get to see how he does unless we make a shocking move. I've just seen enough.
    I agree with you... I added something else to my original post.... Something else to weep over...

LOL

Yeah, 2011 wasn't a bad year. I mean, he only turned the ball over 26 f*cking times. No big whoop.

And why would you want Sanchez back if he bombs out again? I don't know, because you're Rah Rah. You're stance on most issues totally defies logic. You consistently blame the media (LOL) for this teams failures. He's bombed out two years in a row now and was never anything to write home about in the first place.

Sanchez's entire 2012 season will be the subject of football follies 20 years from now. People won't even remember those two playoff runs. They'll remember him for running directly into Brandon Moore's ass and contributing to yet another defensive touchdown.

THIS

All League
    don't throw out your Poncho and sambrero just yet!

LOL

Irrational psychobabble.

He's a kid, the follies last year are media entertainment and fodder for overly emotional fans too damn sensitive to realize they are being spun by the media.

The Moore incident has been overplayed, but I will forever remain convinced it was a play Sanchez was trying to make something out of nothing, and the play was blown up by Moore being thrown back into the path he was headed.

I'm not being "rah rah," I'm simply suggesting reality, you deal with fantasy, you are a fantasy sports nerd, that is the basis of your arguments on this site 90% of the time, fantasy sports has ruined the modern day fan, they all think they know more than they actually do, because they pulled off a hell of a trade that won them their fantasy championship, or started that franchise in Madden, so now fans are wannabee GM's and coaches.

Jets Insider VIP
    Irrational psychobabble.

He's a kid, the follies last year are media entertainment and fodder for overly emotional fans too damn sensitive to realize they are being spun by the media.

The Moore incident has been overplayed, but I will forever remain convinced it was a play Sanchez was trying to make something out of nothing, and the play was blown up by Moore being thrown back into the path he was headed.

I'm not being "rah rah," I'm simply suggesting reality, you deal with fantasy, you are a fantasy sports nerd, that is the basis of your arguments on this site 90% of the time, fantasy sports has ruined the modern day fan, they all think they know more than they actually do, because they pulled off a hell of a trade that won them their fantasy championship, or started that franchise in Madden, so now fans are wannabee GM's and coaches.
    No, he's not a kid.

He's a multi millionaire, 4 year starter who should be well past all of the rookie mistakes by now. Instead, it's progressively getting worse.

I don't really give two sh*ts about stats except for one...turnovers. Are you really so inept that you're willing to tell me that those silly, nerdy, "fanasy football" turnover stats don't matter?

You just keep right along with your goofy ass "the media is the source of all our problems" logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    don't throw out your Poncho and sambrero just yet!
    We threw them into the crowd in Indy and they ripped them to shreds.

Jets Insider VIP

Is this not possible?

Selfish agendas? WTH does that mean? You mean, like wanting the Jets to win games? Oh, the horror! The unspeakable horror !

Rookie
    Matt Moore? No

No, I'll stick with Moore. Smith is too expensive, the rest are worse than Sanchez, and Hasselback is done over and out.