Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The childrens table, Ray.

Please, the childrens table.

There you and sg3 can fingerpaint while regaling eachother with tales of how the Jets will be no worse than 13-3 next season, Sanchez will show us all, and Belichick can only one day hope to be as good of a coach as Rex Ryan.

"Mommy, all the mean posters are making fun of MarkyMark. They just don't understand he is the bestest QB in the NFL. He won 4 playoff games."

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My viewpoint on Sanchez is often misunderstood because people are looking for a pro-Sanchez guy to vent on having been conditioned to having pro-Tebow people all last year.

Here's where I am on Sanchez:

I believe there's a 70% chance that he's done, sucks, over.

I believe there is a 30% chance that with the right supporting cast he can regain his confidence and the early looks at what he might have become can again reappear.

I believe his is a great post-season quarterback and that's a quality that is very hard to find.

That's it. I'm no Sanchez fanboy. He sucks right now. I believe that he's worth another look because of what the prior regime did to him these past two years. Even if the odds are slim, we owe it to ourselves to find out. Not like we're going anywhere for the next 3-4 seasons anyway.

SAR I
    why didn't you just say this to begin with? this actually clarifies a lot.

jeez!

If I was Mark I'd tell the Jets to kindly go **** themselves.

The incompetence of that FO has run that kids career into the dirt and it's not his fault they were dumb enough to give him an extension after a terrible season.

Take the money Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ray's 50+? Damn, son. I call shenanigans.
    Supposedly he and sg3 are Jets fans dating back to the 60's.

I don't buy it.

If true, then they're the two biggest immature senior citizens I've ever come across.

And why are we usually down early in games?

Because our totally inept QB usually turns the ball over or can't sustain a single drive causing our defense to be stuck on the field for 45 minutes every week.

And I'm so tired of the "supporting cast" argument.

A rookie like Ryan Tannehill just sh*t all over Sanchez's best season throwing to the likes of Brian Hartline, Davonne Bess, and Anthony Fasano.

Hell, the kid wasn't even a QB for most of his college career.

The excuses you make for Sanchez would make even the former Penningtologists shake their heads.
    The 2012 Jets offense was built to run the ball. It's the only explanation why our WR's and TE's were so bad, just an afterthought on the roster.

I'm sorry you're "so tired" of hearing the truth. I know we live in a New-News-Right-Now! Twitter kind of world, but it's what it is. So if you ask the same question for 20 straight weeks and you get the same answer for 20 straight weeks its only because it's the "answer".

We left Cortland with no passing attack. What happened should not be a surprise to anyone. Shillens isn't an NFL WR. Hill is a risky project. Kerley is a dump-off guy. Holmes got hurt. Keller got hurt. McKnight is a bust. That's the beginning and end of the story right there. We did not replace Burress (red zone), Tomlinson (receiving back), Cotchery (midfield). Turn your sets off there.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post

jeez!
    I've said it about a dozen times, people don't listen.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    I've said it about a dozen times, people don't listen.

SAR I
    Do any skiing this weekend? We ended up staying over on Friday night at the Creek. Had some great first tracks yesterday morning.

Jets Insider VIP
    The 2012 Jets offense was built to run the ball. It's the only explanation why our WR's and TE's were so bad, just an afterthought on the roster.

I'm sorry you're "so tired" of hearing the truth. I know we live in a New-News-Right-Now! Twitter kind of world, but it's what it is. So if you ask the same question for 20 straight weeks and you get the same answer for 20 straight weeks its only because it's the "answer".

We left Cortland with no passing attack. What happened should not be a surprise to anyone. Shillens isn't an NFL WR. Hill is a risky project. Kerley is a dump-off guy. Holmes got hurt. Keller got hurt. McKnight is a bust. That's the beginning and end of the story right there. We did not replace Burress (red zone), Tomlinson (receiving back), Cotchery (midfield). Turn your sets off there.

SAR I
    No one is saying that Mark had a "great" or "good" or even "average" supporting cast last season.

What we're saying is that even with a subpar supporting cast, a 4th year supposed "franchise" QB shouldn't look like he doesn't even belong on a football field.

Supposedly he and sg3 are Jets fans dating back to the 60's.

I don't buy it.

If true, then they're the two biggest immature senior citizens I've ever come across.
    Them fools gonna get capped behind the Kountry Kitchen Buffet, ya heard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post

jeez!
    That has been SAR's position since day one.

He's been consistant in all his posts regarding Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez apologists really need to take thier heads out of thier asses. he is a 4 year starter in this league and he has rapidly regressed and needs to be replaced.
    And if Mornhinweg comes in and gets Sanchez to become a efficient QB with a real pro style offense will you take your head out of your ass and realize Rex has been holding back this offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And if Mornhinweg comes in and gets Sanchez to become a efficient QB with a real pro style offense will you take your head out of your ass and realize Rex has been holding back this offense.
    If Mornhinweg gets Sanchez to play like a respectable QB, then I'll get on my knees and allow them to place both of their sacks in my mouth.

Gladly

SAR I
    So we're just going to blame everyone but Sanchez for his inability to hit a receiver in stride, pump faking wide open receivers in the EZ and fumbling the ball at least once every other week?

The kid had no help but he didn't do anything to help himself out either.

And why are we usually down early in games?

Because our totally inept QB usually turns the ball over or can't sustain a single drive causing our defense to be stuck on the field for 45 minutes every week.

And I'm so tired of the "supporting cast" argument.

A rookie like Ryan Tannehill just sh*t all over Sanchez's best season throwing to the likes of Brian Hartline, Davonne Bess, and Anthony Fasano.

Hell, the kid wasn't even a QB for most of his college career.

The excuses you make for Sanchez would make even the former Penningtologists shake their heads.
    The rookie Tannehill had Joe Philbin as his HC and Mike Sherman as his OC . Sanchez had Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano nuff said !!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    The rookie Tannehill had Joe Philbin as his HC and Mike Sherman as his OC . Sanchez had Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano nuff said !!!!!
    Great

Now Sanchez has a respected offensive guru in Mornhinweg.

Now we'll see if he either excells, or sh*ts his pants like we've come to expect.

Either way, no more excuses.

I don't want to hear any crap next year about how "Sanchez needs another full year in the system before we can judge".

He either sinks or swims in 2013.

And he better not be handed the starting job for the 5th year in a row either. Legitimate competition MUST be brought in. Be it a respectable veteran or a rookie drafted within the first 3 rounds.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 02-10-2013 at 01:14 PM.

pass the buck. does rex make him to throw the ball into linemans backs? or how about all the pick 6s? and what about the butt fumble? yea all on rex.

pass the buck. does rex make him to throw the ball into linemans backs? or how about all the pick 6s? and what about the butt fumble? yea all on rex.
    No, it was Tebow using his Jedi confidence-killing tricks. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

#SrsFace

the fact of the matter is there are still fans who support sanchez and argue the fact that he should still be the jets qb. id much rather see a rookie take his lumps and go 0-16 than watch this ass clown another season.
    And what is wrong with supporting Sanchez? He was a high pick for a reason. And the support being made is that some feel he deserves a chance with a legit offensive system, that features the passing game, and with a couple of coaches who have good records developing QB's, unlike the coaches that have been in place since Sanchez came into the league.

Nothing wrong with rooting for the guy to rebound, because he has shown that he does potential.

Nobody is saying Sanchez hasn't struggled.

Unless you adore every Jet on the roster, Ray will always brand you as a "hater" or a "same old Jets fan". Or just flatout tell you to go f*ck yourself.

It's part of he and sg3's goofy little code of honor or something.

I'd expect it from a 12 year old, but not a guy who is supposedly 50+ years old.
    Why do you lump me in with sg3? And where did you get the notion I'm 50 years old?
    There is no underlying motive here

I'm a Jets fan, just like you, I don't agree with your mantra, accept it and move on

Great

Now Sanchez has a respected offensive guru in Mornhinweg.

Now we'll see if he either excells, or sh*ts his pants like we've come to expect.

Either way, no more excuses.

I don't want to hear any crap next year about how "Sanchez needs another full year in the system before we can judge".

He either sinks or swims in 2013.

And he better not be handed the starting job for the 5th year in a row either. Legitimate competition MUST be brought in. Be it a respectable veteran or a rookie drafted within the first 3 rounds.
    I have no problem with this, it's what I've been saying all along, only NOW you finally wake up? LOL, you are a piece of work.