Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what did alex smith win? the 49ers **** the bed against the giants. smith struggled.

harbaugh pulled the plug on alex smith in favor of kaepernick. rex ryan failed to pull the plug on sanchez. we can compare qbs and head coaches and get the same results.

i dont want just a competant qb i want a frnachise qb a winner who gets the job done.
    I'm not some Alex Smith fan, but this is ridiculous. Smith got the 49ers to the NFC championship game and did everything he needed to to win the game. The defense failed miserably and they are the reason they did not go to the Super Bowl last season. Of course Kaepernick is better, but don't sell Smith short. He grew by leaps and bounds from where he was before Harbaugh. This season, before losing his job, he had completed 70% of his passes. Would you take that from Sanchez? Smith also rarely ever turned the ball over.

No one really knows if Sanchez can turn it around. What we do know for sure is that barring a miracle, (ie; some team out there actually trades us a pick for him) he will be on the roster.
    All we can pray for is that Itdzik brings in a viable # 1 QB alternative so a true blue fight for QB starter breaks out during training camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    How could he rebound when he lost all of his weapons and they were replaced with dog sh-t? Anyone in any job would get progressively worse if the people working for him all quit, if his boss was unqualified for his own job, if years of frustration took its toll on his sense of self-worth.

Seriously. Pay attention. There is a reason Mark Sanchez sucks right now. He might be able to be saved. Maybe our new OC and QB coach and GM will get him the pieces needed to restore his confidence. Let's find out.

SAR I
    Look around the league at teams other than the Jets.

Where is the plethora of offensive weapons that Sam Bradford has in St. Louis?

How about Tannehill in Miami?

Both of these guys combined have been in the league a shorter time than Sanchez, yet they're both better than him in every conceivable way.

A subpar supporting cast has dick to do with Sanchez routinely chucking balls into triple coverage, sailing balls over receivers heads, or just flatout not seeing guys that are wide open.

This f*cking guy even makes a routine 2 yard checkdown look painfully difficult.

The kid sucks, the kid is finished, the kid was never that good to begin with.

Move on

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    It didn't matter who the OC was , for the past four years this offense had an anchor tied around its waist and that anchor was not Sanchez it was Rex Ryan. You make this argument perfectly by stating how Shotty/Bradford looked decent in Stl this year, its funny how a Non G&P attack can do that for you. Is it possible that the problem was the offensive scheme , is that so hard to possibly comprehend.

Can Sanchez turn it around , who knows, but I feel any QB who's been saddled with the G&P for four years needs a progressive offense to at least fairly assess his talents. If he flames out , he's cut next year - no problem. But if he has a good to decent year that finger of blame needs to point at Mr defense.
    Ground and Pound didn't hinder Sanchez.

If anything it helped mask his shortcomings.

You really want this kid chucking the ball around willy nilly?

Okay, sounds like a recipe for success.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Both of these guys combined have been in the league a shorter time than Sanchez, yet they're both better than him in every conceivable way.

A subpar supporting cast has dick to do with Sanchez routinely chucking balls into triple coverage, sailing balls over receivers heads, or just flatout not seeing guys that are wide open.

This f*cking guy even makes a routine 2 yard checkdown look painfully difficult.

Move on
    Bradford? Tannehill? That's the standard of quarterback you're looking for to lead the Jets?

The Jets are built to be a Ground & Pound team, to win it with the rushing attack. Mark Sanchez was not drafted to be Dan Marino. He was drafted to hand the ball off to an elite running back leading a Top 5 rushing attack. So when the RB sucks and we can't run, and the D is porous and we fall behind early, surprise, Mark Sanchez is asked to throw the ball 40 times to an offense not built for an air attack.

And it's surprising that he is no good? And it's surprising we get a lot of turnovers? It's no surprise. It's expected. That's what happens when your head coach has a strategy that fails. If I build a great sailboat and fashion a crew to sail around the world and the wind dies and the sails burn, who is to blame when the crew can't paddle the course around the world?

SAR I

Move on
    Yes look at other teams. Look at how they throw when their ahead, look at how they go for the kill after a turnover, look at how they don't start every game by running Shonn Greene up the middle for 2 yards.

Your making the argument how can other teams do it when they don't have great weapons on offense. They can do it because their coaching staff , HC & OC do not have wet dreams of winning games 3-0. G&P is dead its a clear step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    I'm not some Alex Smith fan, but this is ridiculous. Smith got the 49ers to the NFC championship game and did everything he needed to to win the game. The defense failed miserably and they are the reason they did not go to the Super Bowl last season. Of course Kaepernick is better, but don't sell Smith short. He grew by leaps and bounds from where he was before Harbaugh. This season, before losing his job, he had completed 70% of his passes. Would you take that from Sanchez? Smith also rarely ever turned the ball over.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Ground and Pound didn't hinder Sanchez.

If anything it helped mask his shortcomings.
    The shortcomings were already there. He was not drafted to be Dan Marino, no one was talking him up as if he was Peyton Manning.

He simply was the best QB available for a team without a QB and with no good QB in free agency. We got a good, not great, prospect and he succeeded in a certain situation.

And here's where your endless blathering breaks down: Mark Sanchez was a fantastic quarterback when Rex Ryan's strategy was working. He's what we needed. Didn't cost us a single playoff game, singlehandedly turned 5 losses into dramatic wins in the '10 season alone.

Rex Ryan's team fell apart. Mismanaged, badly drafted, not properly developed, not nurtured, became a ragtag of old misfits cast off from other teams. It's Rex Ryan that got us here, not Mark Sanchez.

Scapegoating the quarterback to prop up the head coach is buffoonery.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Bradford? Tannehill? That's the standard of quarterback you're looking for to lead the Jets?

The Jets are built to be a Ground & Pound team, to win it with the rushing attack. Mark Sanchez was not drafted to be Dan Marino. He was drafted to hand the ball off to an elite running back leading a Top 5 rushing attack. So when the RB sucks and we can't run, and the D is porous and we fall behind early, surprise, Mark Sanchez is asked to throw the ball 40 times to an offense not built for an air attack.

And it's surprising that he is no good? And it's surprising we get a lot of turnovers? It's no surprise. It's expected. That's what happens when your head coach has a strategy that fails. If I build a great sailboat and fashion a crew to sail around the world and the wind dies and the sails burn, who is to blame when the crew can't paddle the course around the world?

SAR I
    If you think the Jets traded up into the Top 5 of the draft with the hopes of Sanchez being the next Trent Dilfer, then you're out of your goddamn mind.

Why not just sign a cheap vet like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell to play the same role?

Why give up draft picks and players in addition to handing out a $65 million dollar contract for a mediocre gamemanager?

That makes less than zero sense.

The Jets set up Sanchez in the best possible scenario his first two years. A top notch running game, the best OL in the league, and a shutdown defense to back him up.

Oh, those things weren't maintained you say?

No sh*t, there's a little thing called the salary cap.

In year 3 they tried cutting back on the G&P philosophy and turn Sanchez loose a bit. And what happened? Oh yeah, he proceeded to fall flat on his face.

I'm sure the coaching staff wasn't thinking that they'd still have to hold this little pu$$y by the hand going into his 5th year in the league.

Color coded wrist bands?

When the hell have you ever heard about this pertaining to Ryan, Flacco, Luck, RG3, Stafford, Bradford, Wilson, etc?

I've heard this crap about Sanchez "rebounding" over and over again over the past two years and guess what? He's done nothing but get progressively worse.

How many different OC's do we have to go through before we collectively admit that maybe, just maybe Sanchez is the root of the problem?

Sam Bradford sure as hell didn't look too shabby last year with Schotty calling the shots. And who the hell is even worth mentioning on that offense besides an old, beat up Stephen Jackson?

If you want to dupe yourself yet again into thinking that Sanchez is going to just magically turn it around, then suit yourself.

But quit acting like we're a bunch of "haters" or "SOJF" just because we don't share your overbearingly homeristic views.
    How are my views overbearingly homeristic? I'd love to know

You make it seem that I speak on Sanchez as if he's a all-pro player

I have not once said Sanchez is going to turn it around, my perspective all along is that I would like him to get that chance.

You whine about how he has gotten multiple chances, really, with who? Sparano's offense last year was essentially an extension of what Rex tried to have Schotty run, emphasizing the ground attack, this year will be the first year of a major shift in philosophy and with Rex willing to remove the "ground and pound" as the staple.

You're a whiny hater because you have been completely irrational throughout this thread, and this discussion, unwilling to accept any counterargument, and the possibility that this could work out, instead, you've been completely arrogant about the entire topic.

But I'm the one who is overbearing? LOL,

If you think the Jets traded up into the Top 5 of the draft with the hopes of Sanchez being the next Trent Dilfer, then you're out of your goddamn mind.

Why not just sign a cheap vet like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell to play the same role?

Why give up draft picks and players in addition to handing out a $65 million dollar contract for a mediocre gamemanager?

That makes less than zero sense.

The Jets set up Sanchez in the best possible scenario his first two years. A top notch running game, the best OL in the league, and a shutdown defense to back him up.

Oh, those things weren't maintained you say?

No sh*t, there's a little thing called the salary cap.

In year 3 they tried cutting back on the G&P philosophy and turn Sanchez loose a bit. And what happened? Oh yeah, he proceeded to fall flat on his face.

I'm sure the coaching staff wasn't thinking that they'd still have to hold this little pu$$y by the hand going into his 5th year in the league.

Color coded wrist bands?

When the hell have you ever heard about this pertaining to Ryan, Flacco, Luck, RG3, Stafford, Bradford, Wilson, etc?
    Oddly enough, he wouldn't do that the very next season. Instead, he fell straight into Moore's ass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    How are my views overbearingly homeristic? I'd love to know

You make it seem that I speak on Sanchez as if he's a all-pro player

I have not once said Sanchez is going to turn it around, my perspective all along is that I would like him to get that chance.

You whine about how he has gotten multiple chances, really, with who? Sparano's offense last year was essentially an extension of what Rex tried to have Schotty run, emphasizing the ground attack, this year will be the first year of a major shift in philosophy and with Rex willing to remove the "ground and pound" as the staple.

You're a whiny hater because you have been completely irrational throughout this thread, and this discussion, unwilling to accept any counterargument, and the possibility that this could work out, instead, you've been completely arrogant about the entire topic.

But I'm the one who is overbearing? LOL,
    Counterargument?

LOL

There is no debate with you.

Disapprove of a player, coach or personell move and you come running with your tired, worn out, lame ass "same old Jets fan" schtick.

Counterargument?

LOL

There is no debate with you

Disapprove of a player, coach or personell move and you come running with your tired, worn out, lame ass "same old Jets fan" schtick.
    There is no debate with me?

Look in the mirror lately?

You hate Sanchez

That is it, he's done, you know it, no discussion. Any such discussion countering your view, is "worn out," "lame ass," "overbearing homeristic drivel."

What is really funny, is you have 3 different people with 3 different angles to the same opinion, but we are all wrong, you're right.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-10-2013 at 07:22 PM.

A Mark is a Mark is a Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    There is no debate with you

You hate Sanchez

That is it, he's done, you know it, no discussion. Any such discussion countering your view, is "worn out," "lame ass," "overbearing homeristic drivel."

What is really funny, is you have 3 different people with 3 different angles to the same opinion, but we are all wrong, you're right.
    What?

The people are you, the biggest homer on this board, bar none.

And SAR, who defends the hell out of Sanchez basically just to get a rise out of people.

We get it, you can't possibly disprove of a player or coach without being clueless or a SOJF.

This board was better when you went into hiding after all your silly ass predictions failed to come to fruition. I'm sure it'll be the same way in, say, October.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 02-10-2013 at 07:27 PM.

What?

The people are you, the biggest homer on this board, bar none.

And SAR, who defends the hell out of Sanchez basically just to get a rise out of people.

We get it, you can't possibly disprove of a player or coach without being clueless or a SOJF.

This board was better when you went into hiding after all your silly ass predictions failed to come to fruition. I'm sure it'll be the same way in, say, October.
    Thinking about disproving of a player or coach is SOJF, brah.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Thinking about disproving of a player or coach is SOJF, brah.
    It certainly gets Ray's panties in a twist.

You'd think you just insulted his mother or something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    That in itself is an oxymoron - its seems Jet fans hate all Jets.

And have you read these boards ?? Sanchez is probably the most hated Jet here.
    Thia is so true as I have pointed out here before Jets fans out here have hated on:

Curtis Martin
    Joe Klecko
    Dustin Keller
    Shonen Greene
    Keyshwon Johnson
    Wayne Chrebret
    VInnie Tee
    Herm Edwards
    Mangnini
    Parcells
    BB
    Hess
    Woody Johnson
    marty Lions
    Gastineu
    Homles
    Ray Lucas
    The entire OL the last three yeas
    Bart Scott
    McElroy
    Tebow
    Groah
    Mawae
    Paul hacket
    Schotty
    Farve
    Ken Obrien
    Richard ToddLT
    Braylon Edwards
    Adrian Murell
    Sanchez
    Namath

Indeed there is NO JET Player or coach that has not been bashed out here by some one....

It is a disgrace!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The philosophy going into the 2011 season was a massive failure by this organization. They made a giant assumption that Sanchez was all of a sudden going to take this huge step forward in his development. They brought in aging vets at WR, they assumed Wayne Hunter was a viable starter, and shifted their offensive philosophy from a run first offense to more of a passing offense. What team ever says that because it is the QB's third year that they can put LESS talent around the QB and he will take a huge step forward. Say what you will about Mark, but this organization did not have a clue about how to develop Mark and the offense in general.
    WHY DON'T FANS SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thia is so true as I have pointed out here before Jets fans out here have hated on:

Curtis Martin
    Joe Klecko
    Dustin Keller
    Shonen Greene
    Keyshwon Johnson
    Wayne Chrebret
    VInnie Tee
    Herm Edwards
    Mangnini
    Parcells
    BB
    Hess
    Woody Johnson
    marty Lions
    Gastineu
    Homles
    Ray Lucas
    The entire OL the last three yeas
    Bart Scott
    McElroy
    Tebow
    Groah
    Mawae
    Paul hacket
    Schotty
    Farve
    Ken Obrien
    Richard ToddLT
    Braylon Edwards
    Adrian Murell
    Sanchez
    Namath

Indeed there is NO JET Player or coach that has not been bashed out here by some one....

It is a disgrace!!!
    Half the names on that list deserve to be bashed.

Sanchez, Bart, Herm, Hackett, Tebow, Lucas, Greene, Keller, and Hess jump out immediately.