Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez is a one dimensional qb still trying to figure out what that dimension is. for those who remember he had to be taught how to slide and avoid contact but yet we wasted a 1st round draft pick on a kid who was a 1 year starter at usc. what did anyone really exect, johny u.

the 2009-2010 team was loaded with talent when it was sanchezs turn to be that talent he failed.
    The Jets did it backwards.

Instead of sitting the 22 year old rookie on the bench to learn and watch a 6-10 team struggle, the Jets threw him into the fire with a playmaking team that was ready to win immediately.

Instead of starting the 24 year old veteran for the first time surrounded with young playmakers, the Jets took the playmakers he had away from him and created a team that couldn't win at all.

Backwards. The inverse of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. The inverse of the Giants and Eli Manning. They both inherited transitional teams that were rebuilding for the day their prized QB's would be ready to take the reins. Sanchez was thrown on a veteran team that was slowly dismantled.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on, losing 2 AFCCG's has been the Jets biggest accomplishment since 1969.
    Your grandchildren will say the same thing about the Patriots in 40 years.

The 1968 Jets were a good team with a great head coach led by a fantastic, game-changing quarterback.

The 2001 Patriots were a good team with a great head coach led by a fantastic, game-changing quarterback.

When they leave the game, lights out. Go ask the Dolphins about life after Marino. Go ask the Bills about life after Kelly. Go ask the Broncos about life after Elway. The list is endless.

The Patriots found Brady when he was a baby and he's been remarkably healthy. But taking shots at Jets fans because we haven't found our Namath II doesn't really take away from the fact that we had him once. Post-Brady, the Patriots are the Jets in blue uniforms. Just like they were pre-Brady.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    noise and exciting and in the end won nothing. the ultimate goal in the nfl is winning the super bowl. i dont remember a trophy for making noise and being exciting did i miss that too? fans who bought psls were rewarded with nothing but a payment plan and increaded ticket prices.
    I am telling you how the 19 year old rosey-eyed fans we have today were 14 year old children when the exciting Rex Ryan came to town.

Spare me the lecture on what a "winning" franchise means as I invented it. As for PSL's, you've never owned any so you can give us your expertise on what it's like listening to the Jets on AM radio from your truck when we ask for it.

SAR I

Come on, losing 2 AFCCG's has been the Jets biggest accomplishment since 1969.
    Tex, The Jets have appeared in (and lost ) FOUR AFCCG's since 1969.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    You've not earned your stripes as a Jet Fan until you've been run over by the bandwagon. We'll see which newbs can survive the current "down" period. Hopefully, it will not last 2 decades.
    They'll be gone next year, onto the Giants.

They were drinking Danimals watching Drake & Josh when Rex Ryan came to town, they're not built for what's about to occur.

SAR I

Banned
    Tex, The Jets have appeared in (and lost ) FOUR AFCCG's since 1969.
    Actually, the Jets have appeared in, and lost 3 AFCCG's.

There was no such thing as a AFCCG in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Making good decisions is not coaching, that is processing info rapidly. The guy is just not good at it. I mean how many times does the coach have to show him something, the guy has been in the league for 4 years and has thrown probably 2000 passes counting playoffs and preseason.

I think he can be a average NFL QB if he is surrounded by superior talent.
    Its has everything to do with coaching.....how many QB's in the past have had there careers resurrected due to a new coach/system?...Mark Sanchez should've been the focal point of the team....kept things consistent for him...brought in more weapons to help him...got him more protection on the Oline...look at other teams, everything is done the help the franchise QB...what do we do? Bye Braylon, Bye Cotchery,....we signed a cancer in Holmes who sucks...sign a ring leader to segregate the locker room who just got out of prison...ignore the RT and RB position...ignore the WR position....Draft Kyle Wilson!? and Vlad Ducasse!?....whens the last time we drafted a skill position player in the first round??? If I were Mark id want out......its like you working for a company and everything is going good then all of a sudden they take away your desk, the next year the take away your computer and cell phone and the next year they take away your office supplies...and then your boss sits you down ask you why you haven't been as productive as you once were...gee let me think...

Hall Of Fame

Sadly, it is 4. 1982, 1998, 2009, 2010.

1998 is our biggest "accomplishment" since the SB. Easily the best squad out of our beloved runner-ups.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sadly, it is 4. 1982, 1998, 2009, 2010.

1998 is our biggest "accomplishment" since the SB. Easily the best squad out of our beloved runner-ups.
    Oops, I forgot about '82.

How did the tarp work out that day in Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Half the names on that list deserve to be bashed.

Sanchez, Bart, Herm, Hackett, Tebow, Lucas, Greene, Keller, and Hess jump out immediately.

Some don't deserve it. I have to question any Jet fan that would bash Curtis Martin, Joe Klecko, Wayne Chrebet or Joe Namath.

I think the problem with Sanchez is that the Jets gave up too much to get him and then compounded it by needlessly signing him to an extension. He just isn't that good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Its has everything to do with coaching.....how many QB's in the past have had there careers resurrected due to a new coach/system?...Mark Sanchez should've been the focal point of the team....kept things consistent for him...brought in more weapons to help him...got him more protection on the Oline...look at other teams, everything is done the help the franchise QB...what do we do? Bye Braylon, Bye Cotchery,....we signed a cancer in Holmes who sucks...sign a ring leader to segregate the locker room who just got out of prison...ignore the RT and RB position...ignore the WR position....Draft Kyle Wilson!? and Vlad Ducasse!?....whens the last time we drafted a skill position player in the first round??? If I were Mark id want out......its like you working for a company and everything is going good then all of a sudden they take away your desk, the next year the take away your computer and cell phone and the next year they take away your office supplies...and then your boss sits you down ask you why you haven't been as productive as you once were...gee let me think...
    THANK YOU!!!!!

WHY CAN'T FOLKS GET THIS!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Half the names on that list deserve to be bashed.

Sanchez, Bart, Herm, Hackett, Tebow, Lucas, Greene, Keller, and Hess jump out immediately.
    Yea I will let you tell me which folks to hate!!!!

You saying this doesn't refute for one moment the point that I made, you realize this right!!!!!

Shula is and was a complete A-hole. After letting the field flood to take away the Jets run game claiming his home field advantage, he cried bloody murder when the Pats "exercised" their home field advantage by letting the work release snow brush operator clear a path for a game winning FG.

Hall Of Fame

Two games I am thankful I wasn't around for were that one and the Cleveland game.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am telling you how the 19 year old rosey-eyed fans we have today were 14 year old children when the exciting Rex Ryan came to town.

Spare me the lecture on what a "winning" franchise means as I invented it. As for PSL's, you've never owned any so you can give us your expertise on what it's like listening to the Jets on AM radio from your truck when we ask for it.

SAR I
    rex ryan and mark sanchez is all you talk about. when did you jump on the bandwagon?

ive sold 4 psls and still own 4 ive sold and recouped some money you wont be able to sell or make a damn thing.

i even attended every game and never sold tickets when the team was bad. unlike you.

you invented nothing but bragging,trolling,whining and acting like hes worth a million bucks when in reality you are so far in debt you will never pay it off in your lifetime.

you should be a spokesperson for rent-a-center.

at least i own my car and my am radio you lease yours.
    Last edited by Nike; 02-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Shula is and was a complete A-hole. After letting the field flood to take away the Jets run game claiming his home field advantage, he cried bloody murder when the Pats "exercised" their home field advantage by letting the work release snow brush operator clear a path for a game winning FG.
    Walt Michaels was quoted as saying if he ever saw Don Shula in public he'd deck him. It was pitiful the NFL allowed Shula a rules comittee member to run roughshod while coaching a NFL franchise.

Banned

curiously missing tarps, over-aggressive snow plows, illegal stealing signals, jammed helmet-to-sidelines radio signals, conditioning coaches tripping KO return men..... Man, the AFC East cultivates one heck of a creative cheating culture.

We are so special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    curiously missing tarps, over-aggressive snow plows, illegal stealing signals, jammed helmet-to-sidelines radio signals, conditioning coaches tripping KO return men..... Man, the AFC East cultivates one heck of a creative cheating culture.

We are so special.
    we are the new york jets fan base. only the strong survive.