Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If he keeps playing like a total mook in the regular season, then he'll never get back to the post season.
    You'd say the same thing about Rex Ryan yet here is is, on the sidelines, leading the team.

If it's good for the HC it's good for the QB. Especially since the QB is better in the post-season than the HC.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lolchez isn't a playoff caliber QB, SAR. We won DESPITE that loser.
    You're out of your mind.

I've got all 6 playoff games on my DVR. Come on over, I'll show you how a good QB plays in high-pressure elimination games, refresh your memory.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You're out of your mind.

I've got all 6 playoff games on my DVR. Come on over, I'll show you how a good QB plays in high-pressure elimination games, refresh your memory.

SAR I
    +1

Not for nothing, but I hope the Jets do something soon just to boost the threads on this site. It has been beyond boring lately.

Banned
    You're out of your mind.

SAR I
    Like his clutch performance against the Chargers?

12/23, 100 yards and an INT.

Your boy really led the Jets to victory that day.

Only reason the Jets won that game is because an All-Pro kicker missed 3 chip shot FG's.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Only reason the Jets won that game is because an All-Pro kicker missed 3 chip shot FG's.
    And because of the defense and running game, the exact reason why the Jets defeated the Bengals the week prior and the Colts in 2010. The only postseason game where Sanchez played well was one throw vs Indianapolis in 2009 and the 2010 New England game. That's it.

A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

He's trash. Period. He once had a ceiling of mediocrity, where he could potentially be a Top 15 QB. Now he's lucky to crack the Top 30.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And because of the defense and running game, the exact reason why the Jets defeated the Bengals the week prior and the Colts in 2010. The only postseason game where Sanchez played well was one throw vs Indianapolis in 2009 and the 2010 New England game. That's it.

A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

He's trash. Period. He once had a ceiling of mediocrity, where he could potentially be a Top 15 QB. Now he's lucky to crack the Top 30.
    Exactly, not to mention Greene ran for 128 yards versus the Chargers and the defense held the Chargers to 14 points.

Sanchez had absolutley nothing to do with that win.

You're out of your mind.

SAR I
    Exactly. We would need to have our memories refreshed to recall the last time Failchez did anything good.

Being AVERAGE 2 years ago while he's sucked complete ass since then is supposed to impress me? Lol, you're so SARcastic.

Exclamation

You'd say the same thing about Rex Ryan yet here is is, on the sidelines, leading the team.

If it's good for the HC it's good for the QB. Especially since the QB is better in the post-season than the HC.

SAR I

This might be true but we'd need to find a QB to get us to the playoffs lol

The Jets won in spite of Mark during the seasons we went to the playoffs with a myriad of things that happened like, easier schedule, great defensive play, other teams losing games so we could back in and not to mention teams who had the playoffs locked up only to rested players which benefited us.

If a squirrel were laying beneath a tree and a strong wind swooped in a blew all the acorns off the tree the squirrel would be bound to find one lol

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Rex's defense had a helluva lot more to do with our playoff success than Sanchez did.

I don't even see how that's debateable.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mark Sanchez did what was necessary in that game which was decided on the ground and with a staunch defense.

He was a 22 year old rookie back in his home town and made clutch throws to keep drives alive, let the running game do its job and didn't interfere. The team was down 7-0 at halftime, offense couldn't do anything, easily could have been 17-0 the way the defense was letting SD march all over the place.

The INT was not the best throw, but was also a very questionable no-effort by Braylon Edwards. His TD was a brilliant play, rolled out, made a quick read, dart of a throw across his body to a covered Dustin Keller, gave the Jets a lead they wouldn't relinquish.

With 8:00 left on the game, made a crucial 3rd down throw to Jericho Cotchery to get the first down. Next play? The Shonn Greene backbreaker TD.

Don't waste my time with stat sheets. Watch the highlights, chief. They're all there, very easy to see, very easy to refresh your bad memory:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ers-highlights

SAR I

Rex's defense had a helluva lot more to do with our playoff success than Sanchez did.

I don't even see how that's debateable.
    It's not. SAR gon' SAR, though.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

In spurts in different playoff games, sure.

But in every game, a critical offensive series was needed and Mark Sanchez was making clutch throws each time.

And in the two playoff losses? Please, all on the defense. Mark played brilliantly in the first half of the '09 AFCCG, gave us an 11 point lead that Rex's defense blew. The following year, Mark led a ferocious comeback after Rex's defense didn't get off the bus and put us in a 17-0 hole in the first half.

He was a 22 year old rookie in his first post-season, couldn't have done any better to get us to the Super Bowl, the D couldn't hold on for 35 minutes against a Colts team on its last-legs.

He was a 23 year old sophomore in his second post-season, had a clutch comeback with 2:00 on the clock to end Peyton Manning and the following week destroyed the Patriots when they expected him to fail.

Watch the highlights. The selective memories around here are getting tiresome.

SAR I

Banned
    Mark Sanchez did what was necessary in that game which was decided on the ground and with a staunch defense.

He was a 22 year old rookie back in his home town and made clutch throws to keep drives alive, let the running game do its job and didn't interfere. The team was down 7-0 at halftime, offense couldn't do anything, easily could have been 17-0 the way the defense was letting SD march all over the place.

The INT was not the best throw, but was also a very questionable no-effort by Braylon Edwards. His TD was a brilliant play, rolled out, made a quick read, dart of a throw across his body to a covered Dustin Keller, gave the Jets a lead they wouldn't relinquish.

With 8:00 left on the game, made a crucial 3rd down throw to Jericho Cotchery to get the first down. Next play? The Shonn Greene backbreaker TD.

Don't waste my time with stat sheets. Watch the highlights, chief. They're all there, very easy to see, very easy to refresh your bad memory:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ers-highlights

SAR I
    Do you seriously think Sanchez could perform like Flacco and Kaepernick did in the Super Bowl?

Sanchez couldn't make half the throws those guys did that day.

SAR, give up. he's a horrible qb. by any measure. whether your looking at the numbers or just the eye test. the whole league and all nfl fans say he's trash. when are you going to wake up?

its sad that patsfantx has better perspective on this that you. you can no longer see the forest from the trees...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's not. SAR gon' SAR, though.
    Keep your opinions of me to yourself.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Do you seriously think Sanchez could perform like Flacco and Kaepernick did in the Super Bowl?

Absolutely correct.

When Sanchez was at his peak...his throws were no where near as crisp as Kapernick.

His throws are usually low, behind the player and a good catch is made.

His deep throws to Holmes and Braylon are almost able to be counted on one hand in 2 seasons.

He has some skill but his fear and confidence have over taken him, IMO.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Yes, actually, I do.

If given the types of WR's and TE's and RB's that those guys had, absolutely. He's done it before with less talent. And both Flacco and Kaepernick were a hair away from being playoff losers, just like Sanchez, and if either lost those tight playoff games at Denver or at Atlanta it wouldn't have been for a lack of offense either.

SAR I

tx, its ok. the rest of us know he can't play like either of them.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    SAR, give up. he's a horrible qb. by any measure. whether your looking at the numbers or just the eye test. the whole league and all nfl fans say he's trash. when are you going to wake up?

its sad that patsfantx has better perspective on this that you. you can no longer see the forest from the trees...
    We're talking about his playoff performance right now and he's money in the post-season which is the strongest argument that he can bounce back with some better tools and still be a contributor to our success.

By the time we're ready to be a playoff team he'll be 30 years old, will have been nurtured under a good QB coach and offensive coordinator, his new head coach will care about the offense, his new GM will get him some playmakers.

What matters now is if in the next 3 years Mark Sanchez can grow into a quality NFL QB so that when the team is ready to get him back to the playoffs he can shine again. I think that after all he's been through, some good some bad, he can be that guy. Let's go 4-12 in 2013 with a guy that's already proven his playoff ability instead of some scrap-heap guy who has never been there.

SAR I