Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Don't do a damned thing, Mark.

The Jets have gone out of their way to f-ck you every step of the way since you got here, asking you for another favor is laughable.

Stick to your guns, bro. The fans, well, the smart fans, are behind you on this one.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

The Jets have gone out of their way to f-ck you every step of the way since you got here, asking you for another favor is laughable.

Stick to your guns, bro. The fans, well, the smart fans, are behind you on this one.

SAR I
    Stick to your guns Mark, get cut and be out of the league where you belong.

All Pro
    For once, I agree with SAR...

Sanchez should not restructure...because it would probably make him harder to cut next year.

Keep his contract how it is, then cut him as quickly as we can.

No way he restructures if it means less guaranteed money.

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Ummmmm I agree....

Why would Sanchez restructure his contract

No doubt Sanchez was AWFULL last year, PERIOD!!!

However last year the Jets obviously felt that surrounding Sanchez with arguably the worst offense talent in the NFL along with "wunderkid" Sparano as his OC was some how a GOOD THING!!!

Well it wasn't...

Indeed the Jets managed to devalue not only Mark but his back up Tim Tebow all in the same year; AMAZING!!!

Now the Jets want Sanchez to "restructure" his contract so they can send him off to say Clevland....

Yea right I would advise my client to do that...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    No way he restructures if it means less guaranteed money.
    Pretty sure the union wouldn't let him do that even if he wanted to.
    Last edited by isired; 02-09-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Pretty sure the union wouldn't let him do that even if he wanted to.
    good point
    Last edited by isired; 02-09-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Sanchez has been bad for four seasons. This is the guy who needed color coded wristbands in his rookie year. The signs have all been there all along.
    The excuse makers are nothing short of pathetic.

I would rather suck it up and gulp down our medicine in one awful shot this year then keep pushing off the inevitable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I would rather suck it up and gulp down our medicine in one awful shot this year then keep pushing off the inevitable.
    That would be in the best interest of the team, for sure. But I think we've seen that Woody will do whatever he can to avoid embarrassment re: the stadium, on game day and with PSL sales. That seems to be the priority. And I'm pretty sure Rex won't survive a 2 or 3 win stinker, so he'll be of the same mind. Idzik has his work cut out for him, on all fronts.

Can they possibly restructure his contract down to ZERO?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I agree. They should look at this as a two year rebuilding project, and in year 2, they will have more flexibility to cut or trade him if they just ride it out..

Do Not Restructure Contract

I would not monkey around with Sanchez's contract. Maybe with better offensive weapons Sanchez can turn things around. If he does not play well next season, then I would release him and draft a new QB. The new GM has to turn things around and start making intelligent decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmm I agree....

Why would Sanchez restructure his contract

No doubt Sanchez was AWFULL last year, PERIOD!!!

However last year the Jets obviously felt that surrounding Sanchez with arguably the worst offense talent in the NFL along with "wunderkid" Sparano as his OC was some how a GOOD THING!!!

Well it wasn't...

Indeed the Jets managed to devalue not only Mark but his back up Tim Tebow all in the same year; AMAZING!!!

Now the Jets want Sanchez to "restructure" his contract so they can send him off to say Clevland....

Yea right I would advise my client to do that...
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Jets have done nothing to help Sanchez and have continually made him the scapegoat as everything around him deteriorated. He played terrible last year but he certainly didn't have any help either.

from sanchez's perspective, what incentive does he have to restructure? sure, maybe he looks like the 'good team guy', but after dealing with the whole tebow mess, he already is the 'good team guy'. he could still get cut after the season. he'll be competing for a backup job somewhere else after the season and won't earn nearly as much. if i'm mark i take the money, get cut after the season and go into modeling or something.

SAR I
    Yea Mark, its not your fault, you had 4 years and never once managed to complete 60% of your passes and turned the ball over 52 times in the last 2 seasons, its the lines fault. Wait, no its the receivers fault. Lets blames the front office. Anyone but YOU!

As a rookie you threw 20 picks.

In your second season you only threw 13.....but wait, led the league in Dropped Interceptions with 15 (6 more then the next player).

You followed that up with back to back 26 turnover seasons!!!!

There doesnt seem to be any statistical sample size indicating that you are an inaccurate turnover machine. How could this be your fault?????

Smart fans say what????

Mark gives us the best chance to get the highest possible 2014 draft pick. He should start every game.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Jets have done nothing to help Sanchez and have continually made him the scapegoat as everything around him deteriorated. He played terrible last year but he certainly didn't have any help either.
    I am so tired of people saying we didnt "HELP" him enough.

You know how many first round picks the giants used on offense after drafting Eli, 1....every other single pick was defense.

Good QBs improve and actually make the players around them better.

We gave him a top 5 rushing offense twice and thats not enough help? What did he do with that rushing offense, he continued to make bad decisions with the football and turn it over.

We traded for braylon edwards (pro-bowler who has a 16 td season under his belt) and Holmes....and what happened, he still didnt complete 60% of his passes and kept turning it over.

What else do we need to do-

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Yea Mark, its not your fault, you had 4 years and never once managed to complete 60% of your passes and turned the ball over 52 times in the last 2 seasons, its the lines fault. Wait, no its the receivers fault. Lets blames the front office. Anyone but YOU!

As a rookie you threw 20 picks.

In your second season you only threw 13.....but wait, led the league in Dropped Interceptions with 15 (6 more then the next player).

You followed that up with back to back 26 turnover seasons!!!!

There doesnt seem to be any statistical sample size indicating that you are an inaccurate turnover machine. How could this be your fault?????

Smart fans say what????
    There are 2 people on the planet who think Mark is an NFL caliber QB. One is SAR the other is Rex. Oh the ironing.
    Last edited by Dcat; 02-09-2013 at 10:57 AM.