Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Yea Mark, its not your fault, you had 4 years and never once managed to complete 60% of your passes and turned the ball over 52 times in the last 2 seasons, its the lines fault. Wait, no its the receivers fault. Lets blames the front office. Anyone but YOU!

As a rookie you threw 20 picks.

In your second season you only threw 13.....but wait, led the league in Dropped Interceptions with 15 (6 more then the next player).

You followed that up with back to back 26 turnover seasons!!!!

There doesnt seem to be any statistical sample size indicating that you are an inaccurate turnover machine. How could this be your fault?????

Smart fans say what????
    Plus you happened to get drafted before the changes to 1st round salarys going forward.
    Mark Sanchez has made MILLIONS with the Jets, his status as a starting QB in NY has led to him making MILLIONS in endorsements!
    Do you think he would have had those opportunities if Cleveland drafted him?
    He owes the effing NY Jets to do what it takes so they can field a god damn team next year without being debilitated by his absolutely unearned freaking salary cap # given to him by a complete imbecile in Tannenbaum.
    As Mike Westhoff would say, "F*ck Mark Sanchez!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    This entire board (except me....threatened with banning if I didn't lay off) believed Sanchize was the second coming......until he wasn't.
    ucrenegades says hi...........

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Plus you happened to get drafted before the changes to 1st round salarys going forward.
    Mark Sanchez has made MILLIONS with the Jets, his status as a starting QB in NY has led to him making MILLIONS in endorsements!
    Do you think he would have had those opportunities if Cleveland drafted him?
    He owes the effing NY Jets to do what it takes so they can field a god damn team next year without being debilitated by his absolutely unearned freaking salary cap # given to him by a complete imbecile in Tannenbaum.
    As Mike Westhoff would say, "F*ck Mark Sanchez!"
    thats not good logic.. while yes Mark Sanchez made sh*tload of dough while being here you can not expect him to say "oh that 13 mil you owe me, you don't have to guarantee it to me because i have so much money in the bank"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Don't do a damned thing, Mark.

The Jets have gone out of their way to f-ck you every step of the way since you got here, asking you for another favor is laughable.

Stick to your guns, bro. The fans, well, the smart fans, are behind you on this one.

SAR I

I wouldn't expect anything smart from you, and you didn't disappoint!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does anybody know about this restructuring? It could be something simple that saves the Jets 3 million in cap space for this upcoming season and that money could be used on an offensive lineman to protect the Sanchise or to sign a decent TEor receiver or back. If Sanchez restructures he will also want something in return so this wouldnt be a one sided transaction. Everybody needs to get off the ledge of the bridge that they are on and hope something good comes out of this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    This entire board (except me....threatened with banning if I didn't lay off) believed Sanchize was the second coming......until he wasn't.
    Wait, who are you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Wait, who are you?
    You don't remember Redrew's bold prediction that Sanchez wasn't the savior? It happened sometime toward the end of Sanchez second season, because he hadn't joined the board until then. Nostradamus Incarnate.

It's no Redrew, but I am predicting Mo Wilkerson will be a solid player, heard it here first!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    What does anybody know about this restructuring? It could be something simple that saves the Jets 3 million in cap space for this upcoming season and that money could be used on an offensive lineman to protect the Sanchise or to sign a decent TEor receiver or back. If Sanchez restructures he will also want something in return so this wouldnt be a one sided transaction. Everybody needs to get off the ledge of the bridge that they are on and hope something good comes out of this.
    Did you just call him Sanchise? SMH

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Izdik definitely has to at least ask, that's doing your due diligence. Sanchez's cap hit for 2013 is a lot and we need better players at almost every position on the team outside of defensive line and CB. That said, Sanchez won't agree to it, it just doesn't make sense for him to do so, and players don't do favors in this business.

More realistic options for creating cap room would be renegotiating w D'Brick, Mangold and Harris - players that might give up something now to get guaranteed money down the line when they are older.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    by re-structure they mean make contract unguaranteed? sweet its funny how all these teams can just cut some of their best players if they want, Bradshaw, bouldin,ect..every year teams do it.. How dumb was MT to draw up a contract that costs the Jets more to dump this POS than just sit him on the bench? did he know he was going to canned and just decided to stick it to the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should buy some of that dear antler stuff and plant it on Mark. You know do a Yankee move and claim he ruined his career with steroids and you want the money back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd prefer to cut him now rather than restructure the deal. A $17M hit this year is better than $9M this year and $8M next year.

We need to throw away this next season. This falls on Woody. If he wants what is best for the team and he wants to keep Rex, then he must give him a pass for 2013. We can't spend this offseason making moves to marginally improve the team, hoping to sneak into the playoffs next year. That will just result in a 7-8 win season and worse draft picks.

I've actually come around to believing that the best course of action would be to cut Sanchez and Holmes, do next to nothing in free agency, and then "tank" the season. Next year is a good year for it because there are 2 prizes: Bridgewater and Clowney.

Of course, with Rex being retained and fighting for his job, there is a 0% chance of that happening.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Please watch some film of last year's games. Watch how Mark crumbles even when he has excellent pass protection. He panics anyway and is incredibly inaccurate.
    Sanchez had potential at one point, but how he's damaged goods. He's irreparable as a starter and his career is going to follow the same trajectory as David Carr. It's time to move onto his second life as a backup.

I may be off-base on this, but maybe this restructuring has less to do with cap relief for the Jets and it's more about making Sanchez tradable. I thought I read something, perhaps multiple places, written by people more knowledgeable on cap matters than I, saying that there was a way to restructure his contract so the Jets could trade him to a team willing to pay $2-3 million of his salary and the Jets would pick up the rest. Perhaps this move is being made to make that possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And the day a new QB starts for the Jets will start the clock with Jets fans wanting him to be gone. Not every team will be lucky enough to have an Elway , Marino, Brady , Manning but the Lombardi has been awarded to many teams w/o HOF Qb's.
    The real question is question ... How many teams with average or below average QBs win the Super Bowl ???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And the day a new QB starts for the Jets will start the clock with Jets fans wanting him to be gone. Not every team will be lucky enough to have an Elway , Marino, Brady , Manning but the Lombardi has been awarded to many teams w/o HOF Qb's.
    Name them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Sanchez had potential at one point, but how he's damaged goods. He's irreparable as a starter and his career is going to follow the same trajectory as David Carr. It's time to move onto his second life as a backup.

I may be off-base on this, but maybe this restructuring has less to do with cap relief for the Jets and it's more about making Sanchez tradable. I thought I read something, perhaps multiple places, written by people more knowledgeable on cap matters than I, saying that there was a way to restructure his contract so the Jets could trade him to a team willing to pay $2-3 million of his salary and the Jets would pick up the rest. Perhaps this move is being made to make that possible.
    Excellent point.

NYjetscap had an excellent article about the number of top picked QBs who were bad for their original teams and were traded for late round picks, so there is probably a market (and by market i mean 6th-7th round pick).

The "restructuring"conversation probably has nothing to do with changing his contract numbers to help out this year as i cant imagine any scenario where idzik would want to add money to 2014 for someone like sanchez.

He could be saying, are you willing to give up a little money in order to get a change of scenery. It would also give some insight into if he really wants to be here or not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Name them.
    Dilfer
    Doug Williams
    Brad Johnson
    Plunket - ???
    McMahon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post