Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Name them.
    Theismann
    Punkett
    McMahon
    Doug Williams
    Hostetler
    Rypien
    Dilfer
    Brad Johnson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He'd latch on somewhere as a backup, but I doubt he would start again unless some team was totally devastated by injuries at the QB position.
    LOL, you are so blinded by hate

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half of this board still thinks we should copy the '00 Ravens and '02 Bucs model.

Why, I have no clue.

Two teams that were total flashes in the pan.
    Your the one that was asking for a game manager as QB(Hassleback/Pennington). I argued that Sanchez is one. And I'm not clamoring for a Bucs or Ravens model I simply understand that this is life in the salary cap era of football. Sanchez will be our starter because a) His contract is prohibitive to doing anything else with him b) there are no other cheap alternatives that provide a true upgrade.

We might as well see what he can do in Mornhinweg's system there's really nothing to lose.
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 02-09-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You named 5 in 33 years.

Building teams based on the exception is a recipe for failure.
    Yeah well...we are in our 44th year

We couldn't shoot fish in a barrel. So frustrating to watch teams break through while we watch from the sideline.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please God. Please let this be some media troll trying to stir sh*t up on a slow day.

If this turns out to be true and is a typical restructure (a la Bart Scott) then I will be hopping right on the Fire Idzik wagon. I said I would wait until I see how he drafts and shapes the roster but this would be an absolute nonstarter for me.

Say it aint so John. Please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rather the Jets bite the bullet this year. Start a bunch of talented but raw rookies .We get 2 good drafts to get our team in the right direction. 2014 our Cap will be good and we can sign a few good FA to strike big.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, you are so blinded by hate
    No, just not stupid.

Tell me, is there ANY player on this team that you don't approve of?

And don't give me some name that is about to be cut in a few days like Pace, Scott or the Smith boys.

If Sanchez underperforms yet again this year, and I'd say the odds are pretty damn good that he will, then his future path will be no different than Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller or a plethora of other former 1st round picks that turned out to be disappointments.

He'll bounce around from team to team as a backup only getting another start if his teams starting QB gets injured.

Please tell me what is so outlandish about that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I rather the Jets bite the bullet this year. Start a bunch of talented but raw rookies .We get 2 good drafts to get our team in the right direction. 2014 our Cap will be good and we can sign a few good FA to strike big.
    If our recent drafts are any indication...we will absolutely fulfill your fantasy of RAW rookies but talent we are short on save perhaps 3 players in 3 drafts.

I agree with you and wish we would focus on the entire draft. getting players like Cotch in the 4th etc....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I would wager large amounts of money that you would be wrong.
    i would glady take your money.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    There are 2 people on the planet who think Mark is an NFL caliber QB. One is SAR the other is Rex. Oh the ironing.
    I honestly think that figure is now down to one. If you saw the look Rex gave to Mark that last game, you have to know Rex has has his full.
    Personally I think SAR is part of Mark's agent team and gets a percentage.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Mark gives us the best chance to get the highest possible 2014 draft pick. He should start every game.
    Hard to put the blame on him when he had no talent to work with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Hard to put the blame on him when he had no talent to work with.
    that's nice in theory, but doesn't hold any weight if you actually watched any offensive series in 2012. Mark can't read defenses. It doesnt matter who his playmakers are.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    that's nice in theory, but doesn't hold any weight if you actually watched any offensive series in 2012. Mark can't read defenses. It doesnt matter who his playmakers are.
    The few times he had time to read the defense, the receivers would drop the ball. Im not trying to make excuses for Mark, but the fact is in 2012 he had no talent to work with.

The Jets offense had the least talent of the league. Other than Mangold, there is not one player who is a top 10 at his position. Even Brick, may be a top 20, but not a top 10

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The few times he had time to read the defense, the receivers would drop the ball.

Im not trying to make excuses for Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I hate Chowds!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Please God. Please let this be some media troll trying to stir sh*t up on a slow day.

If this turns out to be true and is a typical restructure (a la Bart Scott) then I will be hopping right on the Fire Idzik wagon. I said I would wait until I see how he drafts and shapes the roster but this would be an absolute nonstarter for me.

Say it aint so John. Please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, just not stupid.

Tell me, is there ANY player on this team that you don't approve of?

And don't give me some name that is about to be cut in a few days like Pace, Scott or the Smith boys.
    What the **** does this have to do with anything? Another card you overplay with ignorance.

If Sanchez underperforms yet again this year, and I'd say the odds are pretty damn good that he will, then his future path will be no different than Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller or a plethora of other former 1st round picks that turned out to be disappointments.

He'll bounce around from team to team as a backup only getting another start if his teams starting QB gets injured.

Please tell me what is so outlandish about that?
    You are a notorious Sanchez hater, to the point of obsession, you're blinded by it, it's fantasy driven.

All I've said throughout the thread is that it is possible he could rebound, could turn it around under Marty, and under Lee, it's not completely out of the question.

And for you or anybody to repeat Sanchez' overall numbers in 09 and 10 to make your case is equally as ignorant. He performed very well in all 4 playoff wins, and all 4 games were on the road. You can all try as hard as you want to refute this, but the fact is, Sanchez HAS performed, on the highest stage. The problem has been consistency, he was young, his first and second year, it was an impressive start to his career.

If Sanchez doesn't get his chance with the Jets, he'll get another chance, and it will be as a starter. It won't be the first time a highly regarded QB was given a 2nd chance, yet the Sanchez haters have tried to spin this as an impossibility, it's crap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The few times he had time to read the defense, the receivers would drop the ball. Im not trying to make excuses for Mark, but the fact is in 2012 he had no talent to work with.

The Jets offense had the least talent of the league. Other than Mangold, there is not one player who is a top 10 at his position. Even Brick, may be a top 20, but not a top 10
    LOL. That's funny.

Our skill position talent was horrendous. But the O-line was good. Not 3rd best in the league, as PFF suggested, but somewhere around the top 10. Mangold and Brick were probably both hovering around top 5 at their respective positions last year. Moore was average, Slauson a tick below that, and Howard was below-average (still miles better than Hunter).

Everyone else on the offense made the line appear worse than it was. Receivers that can't get open for a QB that's already slow going through his progressions, and too many carries for running backs that don't even pick up the yards that the line provides for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if the jets cut sanchez, he will never be on another teams roster in the nfl again.
    not even as a back-up?

I just dont agree with you at all on this one...
    NFL people have short memories.
    Wait till your #1 QB goes down with an ACL in Nov.
    Who ya gonna call?...Ghost-busters?
    How about a QB thats been to the AFC Championship game twice?

Now that Idiot Sparano is gone, Sanchez will do just fine somewhere...