Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You are a notorious Sanchez hater, to the point of obsession, you're blinded by it, it's fantasy driven.

All I've said throughout the thread is that it is possible he could rebound, could turn it around under Marty, and under Lee, it's not completely out of the question.

And for you or anybody to repeat Sanchez' overall numbers in 09 and 10 to make your case is equally as ignorant. He performed very well in all 4 playoff wins, and all 4 games were on the road. You can all try as hard as you want to refute this, but the fact is, Sanchez HAS performed, on the highest stage. The problem has been consistency, he was young, his first and second year, it was an impressive start to his career.

If Sanchez doesn't get his chance with the Jets, he'll get another chance, and it will be as a starter. It won't be the first time a highly regarded QB was given a 2nd chance, yet the Sanchez haters have tried to spin this as an impossibility, it's crap.
    I'm one of the biggest Sanchez fans on here, I think that's pretty well established.

If we cut Sanchez this offseason, no one is bringing him in with the intention of making him their starting QB. No one. Will he ever start another game? Yes, because he'll be a backup somewhere and guys get hurt.

But there's not a team in the NFL that wants Mark Sanchez to be their starting QB, and that includes the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the **** does this have to do with anything? Another card you overplay with ignorance.

You are a notorious Sanchez hater, to the point of obsession, you're blinded by it, it's fantasy driven.

All I've said throughout the thread is that it is possible he could rebound, could turn it around under Marty, and under Lee, it's not completely out of the question.

And for you or anybody to repeat Sanchez' overall numbers in 09 and 10 to make your case is equally as ignorant. He performed very well in all 4 playoff wins, and all 4 games were on the road. You can all try as hard as you want to refute this, but the fact is, Sanchez HAS performed, on the highest stage. The problem has been consistency, he was young, his first and second year, it was an impressive start to his career.

If Sanchez doesn't get his chance with the Jets, he'll get another chance, and it will be as a starter. It won't be the first time a highly regarded QB was given a 2nd chance, yet the Sanchez haters have tried to spin this as an impossibility, it's crap.

but yet tebow doesn't get this benefit...........

I get it the benefit is only for players that jets fans like seems fair to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    LOL. That's funny.

Our skill position talent was horrendous. But the O-line was good. Not 3rd best in the league, as PFF suggested, but somewhere around the top 10. Mangold and Brick were probably both hovering around top 5 at their respective positions last year. Moore was average, Slauson a tick below that, and Howard was below-average (still miles better than Hunter).

Everyone else on the offense made the line appear worse than it was. Receivers that can't get open for a QB that's already slow going through his progressions, and too many carries for running backs that don't even pick up the yards that the line provides for them.
    Your right, there are really only 2 small issues with the line. They cant run block, and they cant protect the passer. Other than those 2 minor issues, they're Awesome!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the **** does this have to do with anything? Another card you overplay with ignorance.

LOL

I don't hate Mark Sanchez. I'm sure he's a nice guy off the field.

I simply acknowledge the fact that he's not a good QB.

I've stated as much since the end of the 2011 season. Consistently had douches like you and sg3 call me a "hater" and "same old Jets fan" for doing so.

Tell me, was I wrong?

"Signing a 37 year old Peyton Manning coming off neck surgery would be stupid! You don't give up on a guy this early who went to back to back AFC championship games!"

LOL, yeah...you do.

He has the lowest completion percentage of any QB with at least 10 starts over the past two seasons and has turned the ball over more than any player in the league over the past two years.

Blame the supporting cast all you want. All I know is I watched every game last year and even when Sanchez had ample time in the pocket and receivers wide open, he still made goofy ass decisions that you couldn't help but laugh and shake your head at otherwise you'd cry.

He's done, he's finished, get him the f*ck off my team.

Savvy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i would glady take your money.
    I can't believe I am even going to waste my time responding to you. You are either trolling, or that is your honest assessment, and if it's the latter, your football opinion should be valued by no one. I'll just list a few names that have been hanging around the league for a few years or more, but Mark Sanchez isn't getting at least a back up gig somewhere? Please.

Kellen Clemens
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Caleb Hanie
    Brian Hoyer
    Josh Johnson
    Matt Leinart
    Luke McCown
    Josh McCown
    Dan Orvlosky
    Jordan Palmer
    Tyler Thigpen

That doesn't even include the 10 or so guys you have never even heard of.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'm one of the biggest Sanchez fans on here, I think that's pretty well established.

If we cut Sanchez this offseason, no one is bringing him in with the intention of making him their starting QB. No one. Will he ever start another game? Yes, because he'll be a backup somewhere and guys get hurt.

But there's not a team in the NFL that wants Mark Sanchez to be their starting QB, and that includes the Jets.
    And you know this how?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you know this how?
    Bet you AZ would take a chance on him if he wasn't so expensive.

Raiders would for sure, too.

His contract prevents even the most innocent inquiries into it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    not even as a back-up?

I just dont agree with you at all on this one...
    NFL people have short memories.
    Wait till your #1 QB goes down with an ACL in Nov.
    Who ya gonna call?...Ghost-busters?
    How about a QB thats been to the AFC Championship game twice?

Now that Idiot Sparano is gone, Sanchez will do just fine somewhere...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr.

As we all know Sanchez has the worst QBR in the entire league. What I found most interesting is there two scores.

QB PAA: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of an average quarterback.

Mark Sanchez QB PAA: -50.2 blowing away the competition in ineptitude.

QB PAR: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of a quarterback who plays very rarely and is on the fringe of the NFL.

Mark Sanchez QB PAR: -3.8 the only QB in the entire NFL to get a negative score.

So Mark Sanchez played worse than a QB who is on the fringe of the NFL. He is worse than a backup QB and shouldn't even be in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    but yet tebow doesn't get this benefit...........

I get it the benefit is only for players that jets fans like seems fair to me.
    That benefit is for players who can actually perform the basics skills of their position. So, no, Tebow doesn't get that benefit.

In any event, we're not discussing that loser (we're discussing another one). Go to a Tebow forum or something if you want to talk about that scrub, cause we don't give a **** about him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr.

As we all know Sanchez has the worst QBR in the entire league. What I found most interesting is there two scores.

QB PAA: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of an average quarterback.

Mark Sanchez QB PAA: -50.2 blowing away the competition in ineptitude.

QB PAR: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of a quarterback who plays very rarely and is on the fringe of the NFL.

Mark Sanchez QB PAR: -3.8 the only QB in the entire NFL to get a negative score.

So Mark Sanchez played worse than a QB who is on the fringe of the NFL. He is worse than a backup QB and shouldn't even be in the league.
    Why bring facts into the equation? they only serve to upset, annoy, harass and alarm all the hero worshiping Suckchez fans here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe people are still defending Sanchez. What will it take for you guys to realize that he sucks?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That benefit is for players who can actually perform the basics skills of their position. So, no, Tebow doesn't get that benefit.

In any event, we're not discussing that loser (we're discussing another one). Go to a Tebow forum or something if you want to talk about that scrub, cause we don't give a **** about him.
    What a ridiculous response! I think we should care about all Jets players. When they no longer are on the team silly statements are fine. I just think respect for our guys is the way to go. Never sugar coat a players ability as the team comes first! But to say that many Jets fans do not ****about Tebow to suit your needs is wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to believe this b.c it makes no sense.

Idzik is in his first year. The first year is always a honeymoon. He didn't pick Sanchez. He didn't give Sanchez the extension. That is all on the previous GM. And our cap "problems" do not extend beyond 2013 which is his honeymoon year.

Trying to free up some cap space just isn't worth it IMO. He should just leave Sanchez's contract alone and be done with it after this year. Cut him after the season and have $8.3MM in savings in 2014 and deal with the $4.8MM in dead money which is not that bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be quiet, Tebowite. Tebow isn't a Jet, lol. He's just an overrated scrub who's destined for the AFL.

The overwhelming majority of Jet fans don't give a **** about Lolbow, mate. Only a select band of Lolbow ballwashers do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Bet you AZ would take a chance on him if he wasn't so expensive.

Raiders would for sure, too.

His contract prevents even the most innocent inquiries into it.
    Actually AZ IMO is the place for him if he can even think of a geniune revival of his career. IMO it may just be to hard to do it in NY/NJ with the NYJ. I cant think of a player in any sport who has pulled it off in this market.

I would love for Sanchez to prove me wrong but I just think it is best for him to press the reset button elsewhere so he could get a fair and new shake from this moment forward. I'm just not sure he can get that shake from us here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I can't believe people are still defending Sanchez. What will it take for you guys to realize that he sucks?
    If he has a bad playoff game.

So far, he's 5 for 6 and the one game he played badly in was one of his great 4th quarter comebacks, arguably the best 2:00 drill under playoff pressure in the history of the franchise.

Playoff-caliber quarterbacks are very rare. Tons of QB's play well in the regular season only to wilt under the pressure of elimination games. We'd have won in Cleveland in '86 and Pittsburgh '04 with Mark Sanchez at the helm instead of the wimps we took to battle on those days. He's money in the post-season.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 02-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If he has a bad playoff game.

So far, he's 5 for 6 and the one game he played badly in was one of his great 4th quarter comebacks, arguably the best 2:00 drill under playoff pressure in the history of the franchise.

Playoff-caliber quarterbacks are very rare. Tons of QB's play well in the regular season only to wilt under the pressure of elimination games. We'd have won in Cleveland in '86 and Pittsburgh '04 with Mark Sanchez at the helm instead of the wimps we took to battle on those days. He's money in the post-season.

SAR I
    If he keeps playing like a total mook in the regular season, then he'll never get back to the post season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lolchez isn't a playoff caliber QB, SAR. We won DESPITE that loser.

Last edited by McGinley; 02-10-2013 at 08:28 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Theismann
    Punkett
    McMahon
    Doug Williams
    Hostetler
    Rypien
    Dilfer
    Brad Johnson
    Valid underwhelming list.