Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    One the dumbest things ive seen you write. Really shows how little you know about anything

Try looking at kerleys numbers this year, when he was playing with the worst QB in the league. If he had even a decent qb hes 70 catch 1000 6+tds e
    I'd love to see Kerley in a Pats uniform to replace Welker.

He'd be the only Jets player I'd like to see on the Pats.

Well, maybe Wilkerson as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Other than SG3, who are your followers on the site?

The vast majority of Jets fans think you are clueless.
    The Blind Homer Cult. Though most of them have learned their lesson and are acting normal for the most part, praying I don't publish the blacklist from last summer again.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

"Maybe wilkerson"? Besides wilfork, who happens to be good enough that he is probably a HOF, wilkerson would immediately be the next best pats player on the entire defense.

The thing that kills me about kerley is that so many of the fans here say the Jets (and tannenbaum) were terrible drafters, rip kerley as "a 3rd WR or smurf" and wish we were more like the steelers.

Well what is the difference between kerley and antonio brown? Brown is an inch taller, same mid round pick, and has one extra year in the league.

Kerley is an explosive player, who can do a LOT with the ball after the catch, very far from a "dump off WR". The difference between the 2 players is that brown has a top 10 QB throwing him the ball while we have someone who has never completed 60% of his passes and has no ability whatsoever to find open receivers down field or even buy time in the pocket for guys to get open.

Theres a lot to complain about on this team, mainly the QB but kerley is FAR from one of our problems.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than SG3, who are your followers on the site?

The vast majority of SOJF fans think you are clueless.
    Fixed

Although you make SOJF look like Einstein

GFY troll

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not blindly supporting every move, every player, and everything the team does = OMG SOJF SO HARD.

#SameOldRahRah

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not blindly supporting every move, every player, and everything the team does = OMG SOJF SO HARD.

#SameOldRahRah
    He makes TX and the rest of the trolls seem perfectly tolerable.

It's not even that he's a homer. He's just such an obnoxious douche about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He makes TX and the rest of the trolls seem perfectly tolerable.

It's not even that he's a homer. He's just such an obnoxious douche about it.
    After 3 games last year ....MOST of us saw the holes in the boat. We were 2 and 1 and Rah Rah was insulting us as SOJs. he, JonE, Sg and a few others bragging about 1st place.

well any football fan could see the JETS had major problems. But we not only got attacked, we got personally insulted. name calling, unprovoked.

The might JETS went on to barely win another 4 games.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    After 3 games last year ....MOST of us saw the holes in the boat. We were 2 and 1 and Rah Rah was insulting us as SOJs. he, JonE, Sg and a few others bragging about 1st place.

well any football fan could see the JETS had major problems. But we not only got attacked, we got personally insulted. name calling, unprovoked.

You would never do that to someone else that didn't agree with you would you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

lol, I remember seeing that.

> 1st place after 3 Weeks.
    > "brb, booking my flight to New Orleans!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray might be crass but at least he is consistent. Have to give him credit. He just got back a couple of days ago and has hit the ground running.

If Sanchez was as consistent as Ray we would have won a SB by now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray might be crass but at least he is consistent. Have to give him credit. He just got back a couple of days ago and has hit the ground running.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    You would never do that to someone else that didn't agree with you would you?
    I NEVER have on a persons opinion ofnthe JETS unless called out first. I have lost my Kool a handful of times in my tenure.

the one I remember is calling VIN an AHOLE for bad mouthing Namath.

Vin and I are buddies....

That said....I have been attacked as a SOJ fan by people I wasn't even addressing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark doesn't need "growing up". Mark needs "support".

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,y mind was the drop off from week one
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me one player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. Do it. You can't. We had the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.

Note that I did not list the OL fails.

Note that I did not list the Coordinator fail.

Note that I did not list the Tebow distraction.

SAR I
    SAR ... Did you watch the games ??? Bad receivers don't cause the QB to throw high or behind his target. They also don't cause a laughable lack of pocket presence.

The thing that blew my mind was the drop off from week one to the rest of the season last year.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 02-10-2013 at 05:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cast this one in bronze for the ages ...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Maybe wilkerson"? Besides wilfork, who happens to be good enough that he is probably a HOF, wilkerson would immediately be the next best pats player on the entire defense.

The thing that kills me about kerley is that so many of the fans here say the Jets (and tannenbaum) were terrible drafters, rip kerley as "a 3rd WR or smurf" and wish we were more like the steelers.

Well what is the difference between kerley and antonio brown? Brown is an inch taller, same mid round pick, and has one extra year in the league.

Kerley is an explosive player, who can do a LOT with the ball after the catch, very far from a "dump off WR". The difference between the 2 players is that brown has a top 10 QB throwing him the ball while we have someone who has never completed 60% of his passes and has no ability whatsoever to find open receivers down field or even buy time in the pocket for guys to get open.

Theres a lot to complain about on this team, mainly the QB but kerley is FAR from one of our problems.
    Good post, Kerley is the only playmaker the Jets have on offense.

He'd look good in a Pats uni.

I've said all year long, Wilkerson is the real deal.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just don't restructure Sanchez...listen to the expert:

Last year, the Patriots restructured the contract of Tom Brady to free $7.2 million of salary cap space. Smart teams do that very seldom, because it can hurt future caps. Ravens general manager Ozzie New*some explained the reasoning why: “The only time we consider restructuring guys’ deals is if a player becomes available that we think has great value and is worth us restructuring the deal to get it done. It also has to be a player we think has a very good chance of playing out his contract. That’s when you get in trouble, is if you restructure the deal, all of a sudden the player’s abilities fall off the cliff (MS) and you have to let him go and you have to eat all that acceleration right away. We have a good nucleus of young players who are still under their first contract, which will allow us to not have to do that.” The Ravens redid four veteran contracts after their last Super Bowl victory in 2000, and it hurt the team in the long term. “We will not repeat what we did in 2001,” Newsome said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

just my opinion, but I rather have wilfork, Mayo, then think Wilkenson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Blind Homer Cult. Though most of them have learned their lesson and are acting normal for the most part, praying I don't publish the blacklist from last summer again.

SAR I

Who cares what you publish, you are a clown.

Honestly, have you ever been laid? Getting attention here seems to be your life ambition.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Tweedle Dumb and Tweetle Dumber!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Who cares what you publish, you are a clown.

Honestly, have you ever been laid?
    Are you new here?

SAR gets laid every night in the backseat of his Beamer wearing his Rolex.