Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 369

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

  1. #301
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol @ lumping in scrubs like Sanchez and Tebow with the likes of Martin, Namath, and Chrebet.

    Some fans just don't want to criticize ANYTHING with the team. They live in this delusional world where everything is great and the rest of us just don't see how great things are. Absolute delusion.

  2. #302
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Look around the league at teams other than the Jets.

    Where is the plethora of offensive weapons that Sam Bradford has in St. Louis?

    How about Tannehill in Miami?

    Both of these guys combined have been in the league a shorter time than Sanchez, yet they're both better than him in every conceivable way.

    A subpar supporting cast has dick to do with Sanchez routinely chucking balls into triple coverage, sailing balls over receivers heads, or just flatout not seeing guys that are wide open.

    This f*cking guy even makes a routine 2 yard checkdown look painfully difficult.

    The kid sucks, the kid is finished, the kid was never that good to begin with.


    Move on
    Sanchez sucks because the Jets ruined him...they did nothing to develop him...granted he was never going to be Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but he was drafted to be a franchise QB....Mike T got cocky and took away all his weapons and refused to replenish the offensive roster and brought in a side show to mess with Sanchez's head. He was doomed from day 1. Sanchez with the right coaching and support could've been a really good QB, but I think hes too far gone....oh and by the way Dolphins and Ram have REALLY good running games...makes a big difference with a young QB...

  3. #303
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ lumping in scrubs like Sanchez and Tebow with the likes of Martin, Namath, and Chrebet.

    Some fans just don't want to criticize ANYTHING with the team. They live in this delusional world where everything is great and the rest of us just don't see how great things are. Absolute delusion.
    I used to be like that...when I was 12.

    How anyone could live through 20...30...40+ years of this team and still have the mindset that everything is going to be just swell is beyond me.

    This team has given me plenty to criticize over the past 30 years.

  4. #304
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Sanchez sucks because the Jets ruined him...they did nothing to develop him...granted he was never going to be Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but he was drafted to be a franchise QB....Mike T got cocky and took away all his weapons and refused to replenish the offensive roster and brought in a side show to mess with Sanchez's head. He was doomed from day 1. Sanchez with the right coaching and support could've been a really good QB, but I think hes too far gone....oh and by the way Dolphins and Ram have REALLY good running games...makes a big difference with a young QB...
    LOL

    I'm so tired of people portraying Sanchez as some kind of victim.

    The Jets made him a multi-millionaire, he was put in a situation his first two years that most young QB's could only dream of, he's never had his starting job put in jeopardy until now in his 5th year, he's constantly had his HC rush to his defense and offer continuous support, etc.

    Again, when the hell have you heard about a QB being given a color coded "green, yellow, red" wristband to diagnose plays? Is this standard practice for young QB's or is Sanchez just truly that inept? I've sure as hell never heard of it.

    And once again, what the hell does his supporting cast have to do with the completely boneheaded decisions that he makes week after week after week...after week?

    Chucking the ball off his backfoot into double and even triple coverage, sailing the ball over open receivers heads or bouncing it at their feet, running around like a chicken with its head cut off everytime a defender comes within 6 feet of him, flatout not noticing wide open receivers in the endzone, pouting and hanging his head like a pathetic pu$$y everytime something goes wrong, etc.

    You know what this is? It's the worlds smallest violin playing a sympathy song for Mark Sanchez.

  5. #305
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    I'm so tired of people portraying Sanchez as some kind of victim.

    The Jets made him a multi-millionaire, he was put in a situation his first two years that most young QB's could only dream of, he's never had his starting job put in jeopardy until now in his 5th year, he's constantly had his HC rush to his defense and offer continuous support, etc.

    Again, when the hell have you heard about a QB being given a color coded "green, yellow, red" wristband to diagnose plays? Is this standard practice for young QB's or is Sanchez just truly that inept? I've sure as hell never heard of it.

    And once again, what the hell does his supporting cast have to do with the completely boneheaded decisions that he makes week after week after week...after week?

    Chucking the ball off his backfoot into double and even triple coverage, sailing the ball over open receivers heads or bouncing it at their feet, running around like a chicken with its head cut off everytime a defender comes within 6 feet of him, flatout not noticing wide open receivers in the endzone, pouting and hanging his head like a pathetic pu$$y everytime something goes wrong, etc.

    You know what this is? It's the worlds smallest violin playing a sympathy song for Mark Sanchez.
    My comment has nothing to do with the way hes been treated by the Jets..they have treated him very well....its about how badly the Jets handled his development....the fact that the lack of good coaching and talent around him has gotten worse...you mention him making bad decisions.....maybe if he was coached better he wouldn't make those....maybe if he had WR's that actually could catch the ball and dont give up on the routes and a serviceable right tackle in 2011 it would be a different story......Sanchez is horrible, but its because of the Jets inability to get their young QB a consistant good supporting cast from 2011-present....

  6. #306
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ lumping in scrubs like Sanchez and Tebow with the likes of Martin, Namath, and Chrebet.

    Some fans just don't want to criticize ANYTHING with the team. They live in this delusional world where everything is great and the rest of us just don't see how great things are. Absolute delusion.
    I believe we have a lot of teenagers on this board, because as one other poster said - I used to be that way when I was 12. Heck I was like that until I was 16 before I reached the age of reason with this organization. That or they're just recent fans who jumped on board during the '08 Favre run or '09 Rex run.

  7. #307
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    opposing teams defensive coordinators have figured sanchez out its not hard he doesnt have much in his arsenal. hes the least talented qb in the nfl.

    end of discussion.
    BINGO, in a nutshell, sell the farm to rattle Mark, and the game is over!!!!!!!!

  8. #308
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I used to be like that...when I was 12.

    How anyone could live through 20...30...40+ years of this team and still have the mindset that everything is going to be just swell is beyond me.

    This team has given me plenty to criticize over the past 30 years.
    Who is saying the team shouldn't be criticized? Why does any argument in support of a player, coach, or any facet of the team immediately be result in attacking posters with the homer label?

    And quit taking any comments on Sanchez and construing them to mean that I or we think Sanchez has done nothing wrong, and everything is just fine, it's wrong, and it's crap.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I believe we have a lot of teenagers on this board, because as one other poster said - I used to be that way when I was 12. Heck I was like that until I was 16 before I reached the age of reason with this organization. That or they're just recent fans who jumped on board during the '08 Favre run or '09 Rex run.
    age of reason? so not winning a super bowl or appearing in 1 for 44 years is accepted by older fans? whether you're 8 or 80 losing sucks and those paying for season tickets it sucks more.

  10. #310
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I believe we have a lot of teenagers on this board, because as one other poster said - I used to be that way when I was 12. Heck I was like that until I was 16 before I reached the age of reason with this organization. That or they're just recent fans who jumped on board during the '08 Favre run or '09 Rex run.
    FYI, McGinley is 19 years old and a college student.

    You are very correct about all the newbs that have flooded JI in the past two years when we were good, lots of room on the bandwagon. But now that we're a terrible team, these children know nothing but the rah-rah stuff, think that stepping on chalk lines is bad for the team, like what they think and do has any impact on what Idzik and Ryan are doing.

    SAR I

  11. #311
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yes look at other teams. Look at how they throw when their ahead, look at how they go for the kill after a turnover, look at how they don't start every game by running Shonn Greene up the middle for 2 yards.

    Your making the argument how can other teams do it when they don't have great weapons on offense. They can do it because their coaching staff , HC & OC do not have wet dreams of winning games 3-0. G&P is dead its a clear step in the right direction.
    +1

    Exactly. As always, they blame Mark Sanchez because the alternative is blaming Rex Ryan and the Rex Ryan Apologists can't stand for that.

    It's the Rex Ryan Strategy that destroyed our team. "Ferocious defense". Since when? "Ground and pound rushing dominance". Since when? It's ridiculous.

    If there is a single scapegoat on this team that fans want to point a finger at, it's Shonn Greene. But, no, can't have that because that's also pointing a finger at Rex Ryan, tsk tsk, no, can't have that.

    SAR I

  12. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    FYI, McGinley is 19 years old and a college student.

    You are very correct about all the newbs that have flooded JI in the past two years when we were good, lots of room on the bandwagon. But now that we're a terrible team, these children know nothing but the rah-rah stuff, think that stepping on chalk lines is bad for the team, like what they think and do has any impact on what Idzik and Ryan are doing.

    SAR I
    so you're saying fans jumped on our bandwagon in 2009-2010 what did we win? what did i miss? usually bandwagon jumpers jump on teams that win something. we won nothing.

  13. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is a one dimensional qb still trying to figure out what that dimension is. for those who remember he had to be taught how to slide and avoid contact but yet we wasted a 1st round draft pick on a kid who was a 1 year starter at usc. what did anyone really exect, johny u.

    the 2009-2010 team was loaded with talent when it was sanchezs turn to be that talent he failed.

  14. #314
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    My comment has nothing to do with the way hes been treated by the Jets..they have treated him very well....its about how badly the Jets handled his development....the fact that the lack of good coaching and talent around him has gotten worse...you mention him making bad decisions.....maybe if he was coached better he wouldn't make those....maybe if he had WR's that actually could catch the ball and dont give up on the routes and a serviceable right tackle in 2011 it would be a different story......Sanchez is horrible, but its because of the Jets inability to get their young QB a consistant good supporting cast from 2011-present....
    Making good decisions is not coaching, that is processing info rapidly. The guy is just not good at it. I mean how many times does the coach have to show him something, the guy has been in the league for 4 years and has thrown probably 2000 passes counting playoffs and preseason.

    I think he high side can be a average NFL QB if he is surrounded by superior talent.
    Last edited by patman; 02-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.

  15. #315
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If you think the Jets traded up into the Top 5 of the draft with the hopes of Sanchez being the next Trent Dilfer, then you're out of your goddamn mind.

    Why not just sign a cheap vet like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell to play the same role?

    Why give up draft picks and players in addition to handing out a $65 million dollar contract for a mediocre gamemanager?

    That makes less than zero sense.
    Because in March of 2009 neither of those two quarterbacks were available in free agency. In fact, the free agent QB class of 2009 is amongst the worst ever.

    With no QB on the roster after Pennington/Favre departed and with no good QB in free agency, the Jets decided to go after the best QB available in the 2009 draft. If they'd have lost out on Sanchez they'd have blown the offseason as he was their only option.

    Stop looking at the draft position and the contract. That means nothing. The Jets had no other option but to choose the best QB in that year's draft. No one said Mark Sanchez was the next Peyton Manning. They said he should have gone lower in Round 1. We had to have him. They traded up out of desperation, not ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The Jets set up Sanchez in the best possible scenario his first two years. A top notch running game, the best OL in the league, and a shutdown defense to back him up.

    Oh, those things weren't maintained you say?

    No sh*t, there's a little thing called the salary cap.

    In year 3 they tried cutting back on the G&P philosophy and turn Sanchez loose a bit. And what happened? Oh yeah, he proceeded to fall flat on his face.
    In Year 3 we were off to a good start, we were 5-3 and tied with the Patriots for the AFC East lead.

    And then Rex Ryan promised a victory, we got blown out, Tomlinson got hurt, Keller got hurt, Burress got old, Greene couldn't run. The wheels came off the bus. Why? Not because Mark Sanchez got bad. Because the weapons that our HC and GM gave him fell apart due to age, injury, and inability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    Color coded wrist bands? I'm sure the coaching staff wasn't thinking that they'd still have to hold this little pu$$y by the hand going into his 5th year in the league.

    When the hell have you ever heard about this pertaining to Ryan, Flacco, Luck, RG3, Stafford, Bradford, Wilson, etc?
    Please. He was a 22 year old rookie who had a rough first 10 games. It's actually the only time the kid ever got some coaching help. Oh, but then he led the Jets on a run where we went 16-4 in our next 20 games. None of those QB's you mentioned did that, not even Flacco.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    Why am I so confused and misguided about Mark Sanchez? Can I apologize?
    You are confused and misguided for a few reasons:

    1. You confuse his draft position with the fact that the Jets were desperate to trade up. You might feel better about Mark Sanchez if he were drafted #20 overall, but the Jets needed a trading partner and had to have the guy.

    2. There were no QB's on our roster in 2009 after Favre and Pennington left and the free agent class was awful. Taking Sanchez was the right move. In spades.

    3. In his first two seasons, he had lots of veteran playmaking help but was too young himself to take full advantage. In this second two seasons, he had no veteran playmaking help when he was mature enough to take full advantage. Bad GM and bad HC putting him in a terrible situation. Not Mark's fault.

    4. The Jets were on a Sanchez-led 18-9 run with 5 huge wins over elite teams going into that 2011 Patriots contest. "The Battle For The AFC East" after we smoked 'em in the playoffs a few months prior.

    Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 with a 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

    What changed at that halfway point of 2011 was that the defense lost its swagger, the head coach lost his team, and the quarterback lost all his weapons. And none of those three things, not a single one, was corrected or improved for 2012 which leaves us as the smouldering mess we are.

    Mark Sanchez was good once. Very good. The Jets ignored him, abandoned him, and ruined him. And here we are, yet again, discussing Mark Sanchez over and over when we should be discussing the pathetic head coach, the pathetic defense, the pathetic running game, and the pathetic special teams as they were all bigger villains than our quarterback.

    SAR I

  16. #316
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so you're saying fans jumped on our bandwagon in 2009-2010 what did we win? what did i miss? usually bandwagon jumpers jump on teams that win something. we won nothing.
    In two seasons when the Giants didn't even make the playoffs, the Jets and their new brash head coach unexpectedly went deep in the playoffs, within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl. Jets made lots of noise, signed every wild free agent available, drafted a new kid QB, were an exciting watch.

    Yeah, so that's what you missed. Not surprising.

    SAR I

  17. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so you're saying fans jumped on our bandwagon in 2009-2010 what did we win? what did i miss? usually bandwagon jumpers jump on teams that win something. we won nothing.
    Come on, losing 2 AFCCG's has been the Jets biggest accomplishment since 1969.

  18. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In two seasons when the Giants didn't even make the playoffs, the Jets and their new brash head coach unexpectedly went deep in the playoffs, within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl. Jets made lots of noise, signed every wild free agent available, drafted a new kid QB, were an exciting watch.

    Yeah, so that's what you missed. Not surprising.

    SAR I
    noise and exciting and in the end won nothing. the ultimate goal in the nfl is winning the super bowl. i dont remember a trophy for making noise and being exciting did i miss that too? fans who bought psls were rewarded with nothing but a payment plan and increaded ticket prices.

  19. #319
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    FYI, McGinley is 19 years old and a college student.

    You are very correct about all the newbs that have flooded JI in the past two years when we were good, lots of room on the bandwagon. But now that we're a terrible team, these children know nothing but the rah-rah stuff, think that stepping on chalk lines is bad for the team, like what they think and do has any impact on what Idzik and Ryan are doing.

    SAR I
    You've not earned your stripes as a Jet Fan until you've been run over by the bandwagon. We'll see which newbs can survive the current "down" period. Hopefully, it will not last 2 decades.

  20. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on, losing 2 AFCCG's has been the Jets biggest accomplishment since 1969.
    fans like sar i consider this an accomplishment,hey they made noise and were exciting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us