Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Two games I am thankful I wasn't around for were that one and the Cleveland game.
    Both were stabs-in-the-heart that nearly sucked the life out of me. We had a better team and chance in Denver, but for turnovers by ex-Giants and Pats on the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yea I will let you tell me which folks to hate!!!!

You saying this doesn't refute for one moment the point that I made, you realize this right!!!!!
    We made a slightly above-average Bart Scott the highest paid ILB in the game at a time when Ray Lewis was willing to follow Rex from Baltimore.

Yeah, that pisses me off.

Leon Hess was the senile old bastard who fired a young Pete Carroll after one season and stuck us with Steinberg and Kotite.

Herm took a stacked Parcells team and proceeded to run it all into the ground.

I could keep going.

I like how my age changes to SAR every other day, lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Two games I am thankful I wasn't around for were that one and the Cleveland game.
    In retrospect, I was glad about the Cleveland game. Say the Jets win that, and beat Denver. Imagine losing the SB to the Giants. That would have been really tough to take.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    When they leave the game, lights out. Go ask the Dolphins about life after Marino. Go ask the Bills about life after Kelly. Go ask the Broncos about life after Elway. The list is endless.

SAR I
    Life after Montana wasnt bad in SF. Life after favre wasnt bad in GB. Life after manning isnt bad in Indy.

Lets not act like we have any clue what is going to happen in NE after brady retires.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Life after Montana wasnt bad in SF. Life after favre wasnt bad in GB. Life after manning isnt bad in Indy.

Lets not act like we have any clue what is going to happen in NE after brady retires.
    GREAT POST..... why?

It shows that while many weak minded JETS fans think that the Giants won a SB because of LUCK, the Pats got LUCKY with Brady etc.. none of which is REALLY true. Partially maybe.

The teams you mentioned above have solid management and solid coaching. They make well thought out moves. The JETS??? Not so much.

The reason the PATS have Brady is they 1.drafted him, 2. Developed him 3. Put in an offense and surround him with the right players.

They will draft his replacement in the next year or two becauze they have good management.

Problem with your argument is that it assumes any QB they draft is just going to become a HoF QB and pick up where Brady left off. That, as they say in Finland, is assuming a lot. Hell, they already drafted Mallet, so they won't even need to draft another QB. HE'S GOING TO BE ELITE!

Anyone who thinks the Pats are going to maintain their level of success after Brady and Belichick leave is high as ****.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We made a slightly above-average Bart Scott the highest paid ILB in the game at a time when Ray Lewis was willing to follow Rex from Baltimore.

Leon Hess was the senile old bastard who fired a young Pete Carroll after one season and stuck us with Steinberg and Kotite.

Herm took a stacked Parcells team and proceeded to run it all into the ground.

I could keep going.
    Ummm Herm took a "stacked team" who was the QB for this stacked team and didnt the Jets fail to make the playoffs with the same cast of characters prior to Herm being made the HC

Are you honsetly saying that Herm had the same power as Rex does in the draft room? If not, I honestly never understood the Herm ran the team that IMO "never was" into the ground. Chad got hurt every other year and they worked around it and relied on the eventual HOF RB in CM.

Obviously we disagree.

But my initial point was Jets fans find a reason to hate everyone who has ever had anything to do with the organization and IMO it is just sad thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Problem with your argument is that it assumes any QB they draft is just going to become a HoF QB and pick up where Brady left off. That, as they say in Finland, is assuming a lot. Hell, they already drafted Mallet, so they won't even need to draft another QB. HE'S GOING TO BE ELITE!

Anyone who thinks the Pats are going to maintain their level of success after Brady and Belichick leave is high as ****.

I don't think any Pats fan believes that. Of course they won't be as good without him. But I chuckle every time someone on here declares with absolute authority, as if they have total clairvoyance, that the Pats are immediately going to sink to decades-long doormats of the league, as if they're incapable of fielding a good team without Brady/BB. The Pats are a smart organization above all else, and will do everything in their power to put a competent QB on the field with competent coaching once that duo is gone. Franchises don't get quotas on them. Really, who the fvkk knows??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Problem with your argument is that it assumes any QB they draft is just going to become a HoF QB and pick up where Brady left off.
    Well, the Pats have had only two QB's for the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I don't think any Pats fan believes that. Of course they won't be as good without him. But I chuckle every time someone on here declares with absolute authority, as if they have total clairvoyance, that the Pats are immediately going to sink to decades-long doormats of the league, as if they're incapable of fielding a good team without Brady/BB. The Pats are a smart organization above all else, and will do everything in their power to put a competent QB on the field with competent coaching once that duo is gone. Franchises don't get quotas on them. Really, who the fvkk knows??
    When did I say Pats fans believe that? Never did.

I don't think they'll become the New England Browns or anything, but to think there won't be a big drop-off without your HoF QB/Coach is wishful thinking at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Stick to your guns Mark, get cut and be out of the league where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Well, the Pats have had only two QB's for the last 20 years.
    Close, but, Brady got hurt and Cassell had to play, which ended up getting Cassell a huge contract.

Bledsoe was very good as well.

If we had anyone here that could draft, we'd be dangerous, am hoping that Idzik can fix this mess.

All Pro

I don't really get why people keep claiming this. There's nothing out there to suggest Ray Lewis ever really considered leaving Baltimore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I don't really get why people keep claiming this. There's nothing out there to suggest Ray Lewis ever really considered leaving Baltimore.
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...nking-about-it

From Ray's own mouth:

"That opportunity by itself seems attractive. It sounds right," responded Lewis. "It's like, wow, if something does happen where I'm not back in Baltimore, hmm, the Jets wouldn't be bad."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...nking-about-it

From Ray's own mouth:

"That opportunity by itself seems attractive. It sounds right," responded Lewis. "It's like, wow, if something does happen where I'm not back in Baltimore, hmm, the Jets wouldn't be bad."
    But something didn't happen, and he did go back to Baltimore, which is what he wanted. So even the luke-warm profession of maybe doesn't mean squat. The fact is, if Baltimore wanted him, which they did, he wasn't available to anyone else.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    But something didn't happen, and he did go back to Baltimore, which is what he wanted. So even the luke-warm profession of maybe doesn't mean squat. The fact is, if Baltimore wanted him, which they did, he wasn't available to anyone else.
    He didn't re-sign with Baltimore until after we signed Scott.

And he visited Dallas before signing his new contract with the Ravens.

So yeah, it's not farfetched at all to think we could've signed him if we wanted to.

Jets Insider VIP

So yeah, it's not farfetched at all to think we could've signed him if we wanted to.
    Here you are right -- Lewis would have signed here no doubt it IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

All of this is correct, but once Steve Biscioti said he would pay more than anyone else, but looking for a hometown discount, there was no way Ray was going anywhere else. And this was before anyone was signed. Trust me, add a Knicks and Mets fan, I have a lot of experience with this. If Baltimore was willing to do what it took, and they were, he was never going anywhere else.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Also, I know there was some talk of this, but the Jets have not asked Mark Sanchez to restructure his contract, per source. #nyj