Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    There are 2 people on the planet who thinks Mark is an NFL caliber QB. One is SAR the other is Rex. Oh the ironing.
    That's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I am so tired of people saying we didnt "HELP" him enough.

You know how many first round picks the giants used on offense after drafting Eli, 1....every other single pick was defense.

Good QBs improve and actually make the players around them better.

We gave him a top 5 rushing offense twice and thats not enough help? What did he do with that rushing offense, he continued to make bad decisions with the football and turn it over.

We traded for braylon edwards (pro-bowler who has a 16 td season under his belt) and Holmes....and what happened, he still didnt complete 60% of his passes and kept turning it over.

What else do we need to do-
    BUT BUT BUT WE DIDN'T SURROUND HIM WITH PRO BOWL TALENT AT EVERY SINGLE POSITION, DOE! HOW COULD ANY QB POSSIBLY BE ANY GOOD IF EVERY POSITION ON OFFENSE ISN'T A PRO BOWLER, DOE!? DOE!

#SARcastic

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Don't do a damned thing, Mark.

The Jets have gone out of their way to f-ck you every step of the way since you got here, asking you for another favor is laughable.

Stick to your guns, bro. The fans, well, the smart fans, are behind you on this one.

SAR I
    The JETS have paid you well beyond your production Mark ... I suggest you give back half the cash and get out of town.

As a parting gift the Jets will give Sanchez a new wristband made from these ....

Last edited by Dunnie; 02-09-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Don't do a damned thing, Mark.

The Jets have gone out of their way to f-ck you every step of the way since you got here, asking you for another favor is laughable.

Stick to your guns, bro. The fans, well, the smart fans, are behind you on this one.

SAR I
    Get cut Mark and take SAR with you to the CFL!

i still believe in Sanchez. Fix the O-line and he'll be allright.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    BUT BUT BUT WE DIDN'T SURROUND HIM WITH PRO BOWL TALENT AT EVERY SINGLE POSITION, DOE! HOW COULD ANY QB POSSIBLY BE ANY GOOD IF EVERY POSITION ON OFFENSE ISN'T A PRO BOWLER, DOE!? DOE!

#SARcastic
    Agreed and even if we did have pro bowl talent everywhere on offense, what makes SARcastic ! think that Mark's accuracy would inmprove enough to win consistently? Truth be told that the QB being so inaccurate hurts the production of the players around him. Killer-Keller barring injury would have monster stats with Brady or Luck. Holmes with a real QB would be dynamic and his stats would be great. Probably even Greene and McKnight would have greater running stats because teams could not play the run due to not fearing the inaacuarte one. If they had to respect the QB's arm, a safety would not be in the box waiting for the rb. SARcastic 1 can blame everything on the rest of the team and with his alleged intelligence he seems to overlook the inaccuracy issue with Suckchez. Its a team game and it starts with the QB. If he sucks how can the team prosper? Yet if he is great ala ANDREW LUCK in INDY! His surrounding cast seemed to be elevated to new heights by his play at QB. Luck had no running game and threw for his life and still got his under-talented team to the playoffs! SARcastic 1 should ask how many all-pros Luck had surrounding him in Indy. Case closed.....!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 02-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Please watch some film of last year's games. Watch how Mark crumbles even when he has excellent pass protection. He panics anyway and is incredibly inaccurate. Mark Sanchez is not the fault of the OL.

The excuses for this bum are flat out moronic. Other QBs bring something to the table. Mark brings poor field vision, mediocre arm strength, inability to read a defense and worst of all horrendous innacuracy.

4 years in the league and can't read even the simplest of defenses.

F*ck Sanchez. And F*ck Cavanaugh too for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    We need "great" to win consistently not "alright". The object is to win aSB. Today in the NFL a great QB or great QB play gets a team a ring! If Suckchez would read defenses quicker he'd get rid of the ball rather then getting hit. If he'd stop staring down his receivers maybe cbs would not jump routes and intercept him so much. 52 turnovers in two years. ever hear of that before? If he was accurate teams would have to respect him as a QB and the game would be played differently. He would even help out his OL and get rid of the ball on time!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Get cut Mark and take SAR with you to the CFL!
    mark and tebow take the cfl by storm................. on the same team

reunited in the cfl.........................

There are 2 people on the planet who think Mark is an NFL caliber QB. One is SAR the other is Rex. Oh the ironing.
    This entire board (except me....threatened with banning if I didn't lay off) believed Sanchize was the second coming......until he wasn't.

All Pro
    Mark gives us the best chance to get the highest possible 2014 draft pick. He should start every game.
    That's not true. Sanchez is usually money for at least 4 games.

If you really want to go 1-15 or 2-14, start McElroy every game. Commitment to failure starts with G-Mac at QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    It amazes me that some of you set up straw men and then knock them down as if those were the facts and that they somehow coincided with reality....

Hmmm think on it...

1. Well the two years we had better RBs and led the league in rushing we went to the championship game. Did Sanchez lead the Jets those two seasons...NOOOOOooooo But I wish I saw in Sanchez the player I saw against Pittsburgh in the Championship Game. I think I am not alone in believing that if the defense makes a stop at the end of that game we end up winning it all on the back of Sanchez. He was that good. Indeed he was OUTSTANDING in beating the Pats in their stadium as well!!!

2. There is no doubt that Sanchez should be held accountable for his putrid play, NONE!!!!, but please let me know of all these probowl all world offensive players Sanchez has played with that he has somehow destroyed or limited in their ability...... We had players who were running the WRONG ROUTES, 40% of the time and people said "well Sanchez should hold them accountable like Brady or Peyton would." Well guess what Sanchez is not Brady or Peyton and neither are 95% of the NFL QBs to ever play the game!!!!

To ask Sanchez to play at that level and therefore "elevate" the players around him is something most starting QBs cant do, only the rare ones can.

What we can ask is that Sanchez not stink the bed like he did last year. To any objective observor Sanchez looked scared, timid and indecisive and worst of all he looked technically off. He didn't look like a guy who would make a good college QB at times and that was scary!!!! But that is called coaching IMO; a guy shouldnt retrogress as a result of you "tuteledge".

What I see from Sanchez is a disgrace but some of that garbage we saw out there falls at the HC for his insistenance on coaches Cav and Sparano and his demanding of an offensive appraoch that hasn't won in over 20 years!!!

Finally on this point, the Jets skill position players at the end of last year, excluding Braylon Edwards, were some of the worst in the NFL, Period!!!

One poster out here had the audacity to say to me in a thread that the Jets skill position players last year were the best in the teams history!!!

That is how delusional some of us are.....

And even the Edwards fiasco showed how incompetent the Jets FO was!!

Think about it 90% of this board said two years ago that Mason, Burress were not as good as Edwards. People out here then went on to fabricate, yes fabricate, statements that Edwards wanted No 1 WR $$$$. Well how do we know that? He never once said that in public and he never signed for that amount.

Last year when everyone and their mother out here said that the Jets skill positioned playes SUCKED, Tanny said "oh but we know better." Indeed they were worst then the year before if that was possible.....

By the end of last season a greatly diminished Edwards was back on the team and IMO he immmedaitely became the Jets best skilled position player on offense!! And he alone with Keller (to a lesser extent) were bolstering Sanchez by their play and verbal support.

3. And finally I have made this point elsewhere that drafting a young inexperienced QB at number 5 in the draft and having a good running game and defense is not the same thing as having a STRATEGIC PLAN for that QBs development!!!

Posters out here are actually blaming Sanchez for the color coded wrist band system, the blaring horn training and "the dont take any chances directives" that have made Sanchez a poorer QB technique wise then he was when he came out of college!!!

It is all to much!!

Do I think that Sanchez can come back with the Jets probably not but lets not act like he did this all on his own!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.

There are 2 people on the planet who think Mark is an NFL caliber QB. One is SAR the other is Rex. Oh the ironing.
    Rex is loyal, but he's probably not stupid. He won't let Sanchez cost him his job.

Jets Insider VIP
    I really can't wait to be done with this kid.

The day we cut the cord is going to be like 10 Christmases rolled into one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It amazes me that some of you set up straw men and then knock them down as if those were the facts and that they somehow coincided with reality....

Hmmm think on it...

1. Well the two years we had better RBs and led the league in rushing we went to the championship game. Did Sanchez lead the Jets those two seasons...NOOOOOooooo But I wish I saw in Sanchez the player I saw against Pittsburgh in the Championship Game. I think I am not alone in believing that if the defense makes a stop at the end of that game we end up winning it all on the back of Sanchez. He was that good. Indeed he was OUTSTANDING in beating the Pats in their stadium as well!!!

2. There is no doubt that Sanchez should be held accountable for his putrid play, NONE!!!!, but please let me know of all these probowl all world offensive players Sanchez has played with that he has somehow destroyed or limited in their ability...... We had players who were running the WRONG ROUTES, 40% of the time and people said "well Sanchez should hold them accountable like Brady or Peyton would." Well guess what Sanchez is not Brady or Peyton and neither are 95% of the NFL QBs to ever play the game!!!!

To ask Sanchez to play at that level and therefore "elevate" the players around him is something most starting QBs cant do, only the rare ones can.

What we can ask is that Sanchez not stink the bed like he did last year. To any objective observor Sanchez looked scared, timid and indecisive and worst of all he looked technically off. He didn't look like a guy who would make a good college QB at times and that was scary!!!! But that is called coaching IMO; a guy shouldnt retrogress as a result of you "tuteledge".

What I see from Sanchez is a disgrace but some of that garbage we saw out there falls at the HC for his insistenance on coaches Cav and Sparano and his demanding of an offensive appraoch that hasn't won in over 20 years!!!

Finally on this point, the Jets skill position players at the end of last year, excluding Braylon Edwards, were some of the worst in the NFL, Period!!!

One poster out here had the audacity to say to me in a thread that the Jets skill position players last year were the best in the teams history!!!

That is how delusional some of us are.....

And even the Edwards fiasco showed how incompetent the Jets FO was!!

Think about it 90% of this board said two years ago that Mason, Burress were not as good as Edwards. People out here then went on to fabricate, yes fabricate, statements that Edwards wanted No 1 WR $$$$. Well how do we know that? He never once said that in public and he never signed for that amount.

Last year when everyone and their mother out here said that the Jets skill positioned playes SUCKED, Tanny said "oh but we know better." Indeed they were worst then the year before if that was possible.....

By the end of last season a greatly diminished Edwards was back on the team and IMO he immmedaitely became the Jets best skilled position player on offense!! And he alone with Keller (to a lesser extent) were bolstering Sanchez by their play and verbal support.

3. And finally I have made this point elsewhere that drafting a young inexperienced QB at number 5 in the draft and having a good running game and defense is not the same thing as having a STRATEGIC PLAN for that QBs development!!!

Posters out here are actually blaming Sanchez for the color coded wrist band system, the blaring horn training and "the dont take any chances directives" that have made Sanchez a poorer QB technique wise then he was when he came out of college!!!

It is all to much!!

Do I think that Sanchez can come back with the Jets probably not but lets not act like he did this all on his own!!
    Great post Chuckie.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I really can't wait to be done with this kid.

The day we cut the cord is going to be like 10 Christmases rolled into one.
    And the day a new QB starts for the Jets will start the clock with Jets fans wanting him to be gone. Not every team will be lucky enough to have an Elway , Marino, Brady , Manning but the Lombardi has been awarded to many teams w/o HOF Qb's.

Jets Insider VIP
    This entire conversation is based on something a 20 year old kid posted to Twitter

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And the day a new QB starts for the Jets will start the clock with Jets fans wanting him to be gone. Not every team will be lucky enough to have an Elway , Marino, Brady , Manning but the Lombardi has been awarded to many teams w/o HOF Qb's.
    Who said anything about a HOF QB?

I'd be perfectly content with a Hasselbeck/Pennington-esque game manager at this stage.

A guy who doesn't go out of his way to lose football games.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who said anything about a HOF QB?

I'd be perfectly content with a Hasselbeck/Pennington-esque game manager at this stage.

A guy who doesn't go out of his way to lose football games.
    That is exactly what we already have its just that our HC and his OC puppets were too f'in stupid to put a formidable plan in place for the offense. If Rex is hands off and let's Mornhinweg run the show on O we should be at least content with Sanchez at QB this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    That is exactly what we already have its just that our HC and his OC puppets were too f'in stupid to put a formidable plan in place for the offense. If Rex is hands off and let's Mornhinweg run the show on O we should be at least content with Sanchez at QB this year.
    No, that's not what we have.

How the hell you could be considered a gamemanager when you struggle to complete just 50% of your passes and consistently lead the league in turnovers, is beyond me.