Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yes, actually, I do.

If given the types of WR's and TE's and RB's that those guys had, absolutely. He's done it before with less talent. And both Flacco and Kaepernick were a hair away from being playoff losers, just like Sanchez, and if either lost those tight playoff games at Denver or at Atlanta it wouldn't have been for a lack of offense either.

SAR I
    OK, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    SAR, give up. he's a horrible qb. by any measure. whether your looking at the numbers or just the eye test. the whole league and all nfl fans say he's trash. when are you going to wake up?

I think he has a man crush on Sanchez, so much so that the love he has for Mark is only surpassed by Mark's parents lol

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    OK, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    That's what discussion forums are here for.

And I don't mind having a somewhat-radical opinion and being challenged on it. But I do mind revisionist history, people saying "gee, the stats say he played a bad game at San Diego" when, in fact, he had a great game for a 22 year old rookie in his hometown throwing a brilliant TD and getting clutch 3rd down conversions. No one came out of that game saying "wow, we have no chance in Indianapolis because Mark Sanchez is awful". And the way he opened that game was fantastic. And going into 2011 no one was crushing Mark Sanchez. And no one thought he was our problem.

Everything went downhill when Rex and the GM let the talent pool on O fall to pieces. Mark is a victim, not a cause.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 02-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Keep your opinions of me to yourself.

SAR I
    Calm down, SARcasm. No need to get upset over someone knowing that you're a silly little bear.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Calm down, SARcasm. No need to get upset over someone knowing that you're a silly little bear.
    You will stop personally attacking me in threads or you will be reported.

Clear?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    but yet tebow doesn't get this benefit...........

I get it the benefit is only for players that jets fans like seems fair to me.
    That in itself is an oxymoron - its seems Jet fans hate all Jets.

And have you read these boards ?? Sanchez is probably the most hated Jet here.

You will stop personally attacking me in threads or you will be reported.

Clear?

SAR I

i see the board anchor is again saying its not sanchezs fault and its all on the rest of the team and the coaches. let me clue you in on something popeye sanchez sucks he doesnt do what good qbs are supposed to do in any aspect of the game.

Banned
    That's what discussion forums are here for.

Exactly, and I typically agree with 99% of everything you post.

I'm just baffled on your viewpoint on Sanchez.

Do you seriously think Sanchez could perform like Flacco and Kaepernick did in the Super Bowl?

Sanchez couldn't make half the throws those guys did that day.
    Hey those are probably two of the strongest armed QB's in the league today. Do you think Brady stacks up against them in that category ??

?... And going into 2011 no one was crushing Mark Sanchez. And no one thought he was our problem.
    That is because he was coming off his second year in the league. He was not the 4th year failure that he IS today. He had two mediocre years where he did not completely **** the bed, and admittedly played some stellar playoff games.

No one felt great about the 2010 campaign ... Those that believe we were dominant that year need to go back and watch the films again. The Jets have not fielded a dominant team in as long as I can remember ... 2009/2010 teams were supposedly building blocks to excellence. Positive harbingers for what we all thought the Jets were working towards. Problem is, the structure of our team resembled the secondary mortgage market of the housing crash.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 02-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Not for nothing, but I hope the Jets do something soon just to boost the threads on this site. It has been beyond boring lately.
    You don't have to wait for the Jets... just start a thread on PSLs and you'll see some fireworks!

opposing teams defensive coordinators have figured sanchez out its not hard he doesnt have much in his arsenal. hes the least talented qb in the nfl.

end of discussion.

Mark is a victim, not a cause.

SAR I
    When my arm goes bad at work and I can't pick up the phone or email anymore, I will tell my boss I am a victim. I hope he understands...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    That is because he was coming off his second year in the league. He was not the 4th year failure that he IS today.

No one felt great about the 2010 campaign ... Those that thought we were dominant that year need to go back and watch the films again. The Jets have not fielded a dominant team in as long as I can remember ... 2009/2010 teams were supposedly building blocks to excellence. Positive harbingers for what we all thought the Jets were working towards. Problem is, the structure of our team resembled the secondary mortgage market of the housing crash.
    The philosophy going into the 2011 season was a massive failure by this organization. They made a giant assumption that Sanchez was all of a sudden going to take this huge step forward in his development. They brought in aging vets at WR, they assumed Wayne Hunter was a viable starter, and shifted their offensive philosophy from a run first offense to more of a passing offense. What team ever says that because it is the QB's third year that they can put LESS talent around the QB and he will take a huge step forward. Say what you will about Mark, but this organization did not have a clue about how to develop Mark and the offense in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    When my arm goes bad at work and I can't pick up the phone or email anymore, I will tell my boss I am a victim. I hope he understands...
    Not only is his arm shot I do still think its his shoulder but his football mind and senses are gone. No way anyone can make those terrible decisions like he did all season.

Exactly, and I typically agree with 99% of everything you post.

I'm just baffled on your viewpoint on Sanchez.
    SAR, agree here with TX. I, too, enjoy reading your threads, they are often very funny and well thought out. You have mastered the idea of "media", even in this little arena, using it to arouse people's emotions. The thing I don't get is you are on a crusade(of which I agree) to get rid of Rex ASAP, yet you support his chosen QB, who has regessed to the point of no return and has led the Jets to the bottom of the league yet again. Sanchez is just as responsible, if not more so, than Rex, because he is actually on the field wrecking games. I just don't get how you can despise Rex, yet support his co-conspirator.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Not only is his arm shot I do still think its his shoulder but his football mind and senses are gone. No way anyone can make those terrible decisions like he did all season.
    People said the same things about Alex Smith, but when a competent offensive minded HC came in, he suddenly turned into a competent QB. Think there is any coincidence in that?

Don't do a damned thing, Mark.

The Jets have gone out of their way to f-ck you every step of the way since you got here, asking you for another favor is laughable.

Stick to your guns, bro. The fans, well, the retarded fans, are behind you on this one.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People said the same things about Alex Smith, but when a competent offensive minded HC came in, he suddenly turned into a competent QB. Think there is any coincidence in that?
    the 49ers are a better team with kapernick. alex smith is a mediocre qb at best not a huge upgrade over sanchez.