Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Jets looking to restructure Sanchez contract

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Does not matter ... He was replaced because he was not good enough ... I'm not sure what you are trying to say. If Sanchez turns it around this year, he will, much like Smith, STILL NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH.

And that my friend, ... Sadly, .... Is the point.
    Again, you missed the point. The point was that Smith made a dramatic turn around with new coaching. No where did I say that Smith is a franchise QB or a better than average QB. The point goes back to the fact that, whether you love or hate Mark, that this organization has thus far done a terrible job at developing a cohesive plan for the QB and the offense in general, and that coaching and teaching can make a huge difference in a players development.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

But, eventually, it was time for Sanchez to grow up. It was time for him to take some accountability. It was time for him to perform with a little less.

How did he respond? He fell directly into the fetal position. He spit the bit. He fell on his face.
    Mark doesn't need "growing up". Mark needs "support".

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me one player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. Do it. You can't. We had the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.

Note that I did not list the OL fails.

Note that I did not list the Coordinator fail.

Note that I did not list the Tebow distraction.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You have to divide the Sanchez era into two parts:

Part I: The 22 year old rookie. 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Part II: Stripped of all his weapons, under a bad offensive line, a RB that stinks, two coordinators in two years, asked to throw too much because the D had us behind in games early and the RB couldn't run.

This isn't some "slow erosion" of a quarterback. He was destroyed by his HC and GM.

SAR I
    I think that's nonsense, but even if you're right, he is indeed destroyed and it's irreparable. Can't blame Sanchez's inability to read defenses on a lack of weapons. He has no skill in that regard. Blame it on Cavanaugh if you want, but the fact is that Sanchez only sees a fraction of the field and can't read defenses well enough to change a play and his decision making is extremely slow for an alleged NFL QB. Watch the videos of him without any significant QB pressure from the defense. He still panics, misses half the field with open receivers and can't hit his target accurately. His receivers have to do circus acrobatics on the simplest of plays. He is so flawed as a QB that it is astounding. I'd rate him as one of the most inaccurate, bad decision making QBs to ever have started in multiple years for a team. Only on the Jets. And Rex thinks that he is the man. OMG. Save us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to divide the Sanchez era into two parts:

Part I: The 22 year old rookie. 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Part II: Stripped of all his weapons, under a bad offensive line, a RB that stinks, two coordinators in two years, asked to throw too much because the D had us behind in games early and the RB couldn't run.

This isn't some "slow erosion" of a quarterback. He was destroyed by his HC and GM.

SAR I
    And why are we usually down early in games?

Because our totally inept QB usually turns the ball over or can't sustain a single drive causing our defense to be stuck on the field for 45 minutes every week.

And I'm so tired of the "supporting cast" argument.

A rookie like Ryan Tannehill just sh*t all over Sanchez's best season throwing to the likes of Brian Hartline, Davonne Bess, and Anthony Fasano.

Hell, the kid wasn't even a QB for most of his college career.

The excuses you make for Sanchez would make even the former Penningtologists shake their heads.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Because our totally inept QB usually turns the ball over or can't sustain a single drive causing our defense to be stuck on the field for 45 minutes every week.

A rookie like Ryan Tannehill just sh*t all over Sanchez's best season throwing to the likes of Brian Hartline, Davonne Bess, and Anthony Fasano.

The excuses you make for Sanchez would make even the former Penningtologists shake their heads.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't SAR against Pennington and his fans? That's what I heard. If so, LAUGH OUT ****ING LOUD @ little bear.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing that could possibly make the day Sanchez is finally shipped out better is if Sar leaves the Jets to become a fan of the team Mark becomes a backup for. What you say Sar?
    Last edited by Magnus; 02-10-2013 at 11:48 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't SAR against Pennington and his fans? That's what I heard. If so, LAUGH OUT ****ING LOUD @ little bear.
    He was by far the biggest Chad-hater on the board.

Which makes his defense of Sanchez all the more baffling. Especially when you consider that even with an arm dangling by a thread, Pennington still sh*t all over Sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was by far the biggest Chad-hater on the board.

Which makes his defense of Sanchez all the more baffling. Especially when you consider that even with an arm dangling by a thread, Pennington still sh*t all over Sanchez.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanchez has wet dreams of playing a 10th as well as Pennington did. PS: I even said this 2 years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, any argument that destroys your anti-Sanchez agenda, you're tired of. We know, we get it.

Tannehill had no better season than Sanchez did his first year, and Sanchez won 2 playoff games, and he started the year with Stuckey and Cotchery as is starting WR's.

Tannehill at least a healthy supporting cast all year, and an offensive philosophy that didn't smother the passing game, this all matters, but always seems to escape your anti-Sanchez diatribes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Right, any argument that destroys your anti-Sanchez agenda, you're tired of. We know, we get it.

Tannehill had no better season than Sanchez did his first year, and Sanchez won 2 playoff games, and he started the year with Stuckey and Cotchery as is starting WR's.

Tannehill at least a healthy supporting cast all year, and an offensive philosophy that didn't smother the passing game, this all matters, but always seems to escape your anti-Sanchez diatribes.
    Men are talking, Rah Rah.

Please frolic back to the childrens table with sg3.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    great qbs get better they dont go into 2 year funks like sanchez did. he regressed on all aspects of the game in the last 2 seasons. any fool can see this. let some other team have him and let him piss another teams fan base hes done here as far as im concerned.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    great qbs get better they dont go into 2 year funks like sanchez did. he regressed on all aspects of the game in the last 2 seasons. any fool can see this. let some other team have him and let him piss another teams fan base hes done here as far as im concerned.
    I dont think anyone has said that Sanchez didnt regress.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Men are talking, Rah Rah.

Please frolic back to the childrens table with sg3.
    Typical response, usually when the same tired recycled hate is exhausted, and the well is empty, revert to grammar school smack and insults.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont think anyone has said that Sanchez didnt regress.
    the fact of the matter is there are still fans who support sanchez and argue the fact that he should still be the jets qb. id much rather see a rookie take his lumps and go 0-16 than watch this ass clown another season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark doesn't need "growing up". Mark needs "support".

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me one player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. Do it. You can't. We had the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.

Note that I did not list the OL fails.

Note that I did not list the Coordinator fail.

Note that I did not list the Tebow distraction.

SAR I
    This is all complete nonsense excuses. Mark Sanchez was able to build chemistry with almost no one. Santonio Holmes had great chemistry with Ben Roethlisberger, so why can't Mark Sanchez do the same? Why can't he at least complete more than 60% of his passes. Why did he have to commit 52 turnovers in 2 seasons?

Sanchez was given his chances through thick and thin. The only thing is when things got thin with Mark Sanchez, they jusy continued to get thinner.

And this whole idea that we OWE Sanchez another chance? That has got to be the very worst thing I have ever seen you post.

Mark Sanchez is not owed a GD, f*cking thing.

You EARN what you get. NO ONE is entitled to anything in this world. You must bust your A$$ for anything you get in this world.

Mark Sanchez has just completed his 4th season as an NFL QB making millions of dollars and posing for GQ ads. If anything, Mark Sanchez has been given it ALL.

And to your original point about the talent surrounding him, the point is he SHOULD have been able to play better with less. That is what good QB's do. They ELEVATE the talent around them. Sanchez has never elevated the talent of any player on the field. If anything, he's made the players on the field play WORSE.

Rex Ryan was even loyal to a fault with Sanchez and continued to give him every opportunity. And Sanchez spit in Rex's face.

Sanchez will never be worthy of another chance.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical response, usually when the same tired recycled hate is exhausted, and the well is empty, revert to grammar school smack and insults.
    The childrens table, Ray.

Please, the childrens table.

There you and sg3 can fingerpaint while regaling eachother with tales of how the Jets will be no worse than 13-3 next season, Sanchez will show us all, and Belichick can only one day hope to be as good of a coach as Rex Ryan.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the fuk does hate have to do with anything?

No Jets fans wants to hate their starting QB, it's just that 99% of Jets fans know he is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Maybe one day you'll wake up and smell the coffee and actually realize how pathetic Sanchez is as a NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the fact of the matter is there are still fans who support sanchez and argue the fact that he should still be the jets qb. id much rather see a rookie take his lumps and go 0-16 than watch this ass clown another season.
    I dont disagree at this point. My original point was that the reason for Mark's regression was more than simply Mark sucks. Mark has not helped himself. If someone looks at this HONESTLY, and not just from the point of view that Mark sucks, you have to admit that this team had no plan or cohesive philosophy for this offense. My other point was that coaching and teaching makes a difference in a players development. Look back to training camp 2011, Tom Moore was brought in as an offensive consultant to work primarily on the red zone offense. Care to guess how the Jets' and Mark performed in the red zone that season? Top 5. Mark was one of the BEST red zone QBs that season. Last season Mark and the Jets are among the worst. Coincidence?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What the fuk does hate have to do with anything?

No Jets fans wants to hate their starting QB, it's just that 99% of Jets fans know he is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Maybe one day you'll wake up and smell the coffee and actually realize how pathetic Sanchez is as a NFL QB.
    Unless you adore every Jet on the roster, Ray will always brand you as a "hater" or a "same old Jets fan". Or just flatout tell you to go f*ck yourself.

It's part of he and sg3's goofy little code of honor or something.

I'd expect it from a 12 year old, but not a guy who is supposedly 50+ years old.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 02-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you adore every Jet on the roster, Ray will always brand you as a "hater" or a "same old Jets fan". Or just flatout tell you to go f*ck yourself.

It's part of he and sg3's goofy little code of honor or something.

I'd expect it from a 12 year old, but not a guy who is supposedly 50+ years old.
    Ray's 50+? Damn, son. I call shenanigans.