Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Myers: Bill Parcells' HoF bust starts here as DN takes you inside the vote

It's like I was right there in the room.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    It's like I was right there in the room.
    Jesus, go have a dozen donuts and a large glass of milk.

What the hell do you ever contribute to the board?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    -Passed on Peyton Manning

-Decided on his own whim that the Jets were no longer a true green team but instead a weird ultradark Hudson river colour.

-Also decided on his own whim that the Jets' logo should change from awesome and actually representing aviation/movement to the original boring circle n ball, but said circle n ball would now be Hudson River Green which it never was historically.

Parcells was terrible.
    Lol.

Seriously, hahahahaha.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

The irony is nauseating.

Oh the irony.

I wonder if during his HoF speech Parcells will reminisce about interviewing for his new gig during he week when he should have been preparing the Pats for the Super Bowl.

He's just second fiddle to you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    All in spite of our buffoon owner.......

best thing Parcells did was get out before Woody made him look foolish. Parcells is a terrific coach.
    You should get out to....The Panthers need fans like you

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You should get out to....The Panthers need fans like you
    My own stalker......hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If Peyton really wanted to stay in school the whole "will the Tuna guarantee he would take him with the first pick" would have never happened but it did.. When Eli came out it was arranged beforehand that he would end up in NY in a trade with the Chargers.. And the fact is the Tuna didn't use the first pick in the 97 draft he traded down.. He said he would coach for 3 years and didn't want to deal with a rookie QB with the first pick and he didn't.. People always like to rewrite history to cover the truth..
    http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/fr...V6LKF8EBQOl3TO

Per Archie, Peyton wanted to stay in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    -Passed on Peyton Manning

-Decided on his own whim that the Jets were no longer a true green team but instead a weird ultradark Hudson river colour.

-Also decided on his own whim that the Jets' logo should change from awesome and actually representing aviation/movement to the original boring circle n ball, but said circle n ball would now be Hudson River Green which it never was historically.

Parcells was terrible.
    You have some facts messed up and the personal opinion on the uniform is not something I or most agree with. He took us back to our original look. That late 70's/80's uniform was disgusting.
    If it were not for parcells, the jets would not have had the success of the last 15 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    loved the story about the plane tickets

Parcells could be such a dick, but it worked for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/fr...V6LKF8EBQOl3TO

Per Archie, Peyton wanted to stay in school.
    That came out after the Tuna would not guarantee taking him..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As much as the Pro Football Hall of Fame rules allow, I’m going to take you on a visit inside Room 277 of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans for last Saturday’s eight-hour meeting that resulted in Bill Parcells and six others being selected to the Class of 2013 for induction on Aug. 3 in Canton.

The rules prohibit attaching names to the arguments made by any of the other 45 media members on the voting panel in New Orleans, but I can reveal what I said.
    Is it just me, or was that article not nearly as revealing as the lead in? He basically rehashed his arguments for having Parcells make the HoF. Interesting in its own right, perhaps, but hardly a revealing expose on the voting process of the Football writers.

Its revealed alphabetically - I didn't know that. Thanks Gary.

Jets Insider VIP
    CMART THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!!

As I said in another thread Jets fans have a serious problem!!!!

There is not a player or coach in Jets History, of some notoriety, who isnt HOF caliber, that isn't just disliked but HATED by a large portion of the fan base!!!!

Now what does that tell you....

Good Grief!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Yes, before Vinny got injured we were the favorites to make it to the super bowl...since when have we been the favorites?
    In fact we were the SB favorites when Herm was HC. Unfortuantely Chad then his back up went down to season ending shoulder injuries witinin 40 seconds of each other.

Remember people ate Herm up alive out here cause he couldn't turn Brooks Billinger into Montanna 2.0.

The life of a Jets fan!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    In fact we were the SB favorites when Herm was HC. Unfortuantely Chad then his back up went down to season ending shoulder injuries witinin 40 seconds of each other.

Remember people ate Herm up alive out here cause he couldn't turn Brooks Billinger into Montanna 2.0.

The life of a Jets fan!!!!
    Herm suffered from the same problem that Rex does, he was deeply rooted in the defense and was ultra conservative on offense. Another disciple of winning 3-0 football games. For that matter its been quite awhile since the Jets had an offensive minded HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Herm suffered from the same problem that Rex does, he was deeply rooted in the defense and was ultra conservative on offense. Another disciple of winning 3-0 football games. For that matter its been quite awhile since the Jets had an offensive minded HC.
    Herm was never even a DC granted he came from a D background but the offense was run by Paul Hackett whose main task was getting his old collge player Cumar stats.. Wayne and the other w/r's hated him including Vinny..The last offensive minded HC we had was Bruce Coslet..