Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jets should target Percy Harvin

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The question is why?

The last time you did it, it was in response to a post I put up on a poster and a known pedophile routine, this time, the attack was on my daughter.

And now this, the constant trolling, but you'll ban me. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't come here to cause you or any mod trouble, I actually enjoy posting on the site for the purpose it is here, yet, there seems to be a click of posters on the board that have their own purpose and MO, the mods allow it, along with the agendas of others. But I'm just supposed to take it?

Even whey I try to ignore the crap, I still get the **** shoveled my way, and yet, no mod does anything about it.

I don't get your personal agenda with me. I sent you a PM once, you ignored it. I still don't know why.
    Wasn't it something to do with pedobear or something like that? I recall something like that being posted, someone (I assume you) freaking out, and then you got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on, can we have one legitimate football conversation in 10 years?

Answer my four questions.

You've ruined this board for years, and for whatever reason, you are allowed to do it, but now you're being serious?

I'll humor you:

1) Sanchez's ability to read a defense.

2) Improve his decision making skills.

3) Eliminate all his INT's and fumbles.

4) And most importantly, improve his accuracy?
    Harvin would help to restore talent at the WR position that he had back in 2010, his best year, his second season.

The argument about Sanchez' ability to read defenses is overblown, the turnovers aren't always the result of an inability to read defenses, as was the case last year, it was everything to do with Sanchez not being on the same page as his receivers, this entire topic was well described in the "pass happy" thread.

IMO, the shift in offensive philosophy of the WCO can help Sanchez as much as anything, in addition to removing the 'ground and pound' mantra that Ryan has tried to instill in the team.

A philosophy shift, the hiring of a competent QB coach in Lee, will do more to improve Sanchez more than a player can, but obviously Harvin can certainly help in several areas

Harvin is a player defenses have to respect, he can stretch the defense, create separation, make plays, help to restore Sanchez confidence, this alone will improve the trust he lacked last year with his entire offensive arsenal, last year, he had a musical set of chairs at WR it seemed each week, one week, wit Marty Gilyard picked up off the street, Clyde Gates, and Chaz Schilens as his primary targets, all due to injury.

A legit supporting cast, an offensive philosophy that doesn't smother the passing attack, and quality QB coaching will help Sanchez the most, along with maturity. His inconsistencies, deficiencies of accuracy, and turnovers are a product of all of these factors.

How is it that Harvin doesn't help?

How is that the Lee hire can't help?

It's obvious Sanchez struggled at the end of the year last year due to confidence issues, that more than anything will deter a player, make him gun shy, influence his decision making, impair his ability to execute and read defenses, if Sanchez can put last year to bed, and go back to restoring the fundamentals of the position, and trust the philosophical change Mornhinweg will undoubtedly bring to the team, and for the first time, not have Rex and his iron fist on the "ground and pound," I think this will all help the factors you elude.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wasn't it something to do with pedobear or something like that? I recall something like that being posted, someone (I assume you) freaking out, and then you got banned.
    I'm not going to call the poster out, you can all figure it out, he's known for the schtick, and yes, it was an attack on my daughter, and I DID freak out about it, what father wouldn't, but why I got banned for it, is beyond me.

I get it, the mods have far too many better things to do than police this site and the behavior of grown men acting irrationally and/or immature, but hey, I get the **** shoveled my way, why shouldn't I respond?

Thing is, I'm genuinely here to be a die hard fan, my "glass is half full" rubs people the wrong way, but it's not a shtick, it's not an agenda, it's just who I am.

I'm not going to call the poster out, you can all figure it out, he's known for the schtick, and yes, it was an attack on my daughter, and I DID freak out about it, what father wouldn't, but why I got banned for it, is beyond me.
    If that's true, then I can understand. Though, context is always key.

I haven't been here long enough to know whose schtick is whose, so I wouldn't know who actually did it.

I get it, the mods have far too many better things to do than police this site and the behavior of grown men acting irrationally and/or immature, but hey, I get the **** shoveled my way, why shouldn't I respond?
    I suppose it depends on the extent of your response. Meaning, if you swing the pendulum back to an unequal opposite.

Thing is, I'm genuinely here to be a die hard fan, my "glass is half full" rubs people the wrong way, but it's not a shtick, it's not an agenda, it's just who I am.
    And that's ok. It's just that most of us don't wanna hear about how "Sanchez can rebound" and all that when he's shown us that his ceiling is to be average. That's just an example, but you get what I mean.

All Pro
    Maybe as part of a Mevi$ deal, but given his chequered history in SOJF / Jet-haters eyes he would only make the Jets more of a "circus"

Where does that leave our current slot receiver Kerley? Stuck as a PR that FCs everything his way behind the 20?

If the Jets are to consider this move, why not go after Cruz instead?

Banned

You've ruined this board for years, and for whatever reason, you are allowed to do it, but now you're being serious?

Harvin would help to restore talent at the WR position that he had back in 2010, his best year, his second season.

The argument about Sanchez' ability to read defenses is overblown, the turnovers aren't always the result of an inability to read defenses, as was the case last year, it was everything to do with Sanchez not being on the same page as his receivers, this entire topic was well described in the "pass happy" thread.

IMO, the shift in offensive philosophy of the WCO can help Sanchez as much as anything, in addition to removing the 'ground and pound' mantra that Ryan has tried to instill in the team.

A philosophy shift, the hiring of a competent QB coach in Lee, will do more to improve Sanchez more than a player can, but obviously Harvin can certainly help in several areas

Harvin is a player defenses have to respect, he can stretch the defense, create separation, make plays, help to restore Sanchez confidence, this alone will improve the trust he lacked last year with his entire offensive arsenal, last year, he had a musical set of chairs at WR it seemed each week, one week, wit Marty Gilyard picked up off the street, Clyde Gates, and Chaz Schilens as his primary targets, all due to injury.

A legit supporting cast, an offensive philosophy that doesn't smother the passing attack, and quality QB coaching will help Sanchez the most, along with maturity. His inconsistencies, deficiencies of accuracy, and turnovers are a product of all of these factors.

How is it that Harvin doesn't help?

How is that the Lee hire can't help?

It's obvious Sanchez struggled at the end of the year last year due to confidence issues, that more than anything will deter a player, make him gun shy, influence his decision making, impair his ability to execute and read defenses, if Sanchez can put last year to bed, and go back to restoring the fundamentals of the position, and trust the philosophical change Mornhinweg will undoubtedly bring to the team, and for the first time, not have Rex and his iron fist on the "ground and pound," I think this will all help the factors you elude.
    Thank you for you first cival respone in 10 years.

You still have a QB that can't read defenses, has the most turnovers in the last 3 years in the NFL, and is the most inaccurate QB in the history of the NFL.

What can you possibly see in Sanchez's future?

You still have a QB that can't read defenses, has the most turnovers in the last 3 years in the NFL, and is the most inaccurate QB in the history of the NFL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Stop stirring *$hit on the board.

Stop stirring *$hit on the board.
    You forgot to tell me to go back to patsfans.com

The Jets also have a QB that you sang the praises for not too long after he was drafted, and even after his first couple of years, it's funny how you've backpedaled and have tried to assume the perspective that you've known all along that Sanchez would regress.

The future is unknown, but I've seen Sanchez perform on the highest stage, and handle the pressure of NY, even if it was in flashes, I don't believe a QB just regresses like Sanchez did last year because the player loses it, there are other factors to consider, all of which I've tried to present throughout any Sanchez discussion, but I'm usually attacked for being a homer.

Given the team's plight this off-season, a team that will be in transition with the structure of its roster, and the fact that this draft doesn't appear to have top QB talent, and that Sanchez was supposed to be part of the plan, I think it's not a bad idea to see what he can do under a new offensive regime, and a supported change in philosophy. That said, the Jets will and should add competition for this season, because Sanchez has earned the response of the Jets that maybe they can't completely rely on him turning it around.

Thank you for you first cival respone in 10 years
    You two girls gonna hug it out now?

Banned
    The Jets also have a QB that you sang the praises for not too long after he was drafted, and even after his first couple of years, it's funny how you've backpedaled and have tried to assume the perspective that you've known all along that Sanchez would regress.

The future is unknown, but I've seen Sanchez perform on the highest stage, and handle the pressure of NY, even if it was in flashes, I don't believe a QB just regresses like Sanchez did last year because the player loses it, there are other factors to consider, all of which I've tried to present throughout any Sanchez discussion, but I'm usually attacked for being a homer.

Given the team's plight this off-season, a team that will be in transition with the structure of its roster, and the fact that this draft doesn't appear to have top QB talent, and that Sanchez was supposed to be part of the plan, I think it's not a bad idea to see what he can do under a new offensive regime, and a supported change in philosophy. That said, the Jets will and should add competition for this season, because Sanchez has earned the response of the Jets that maybe they can't completely rely on him turning it around.
    You are correct, I did sing the praises of Sanchez when he was drafted.

I sat in the stadium when Sanchez made his first professional start in Houston. He hit Keller with with two beatutiful throws over the LB's and in front of the safeties for huge 3rd down conversions.

Thought this guy would be a great QB.

Walking out of the stadium, I said to MrsPatsFanTx, we are screwed for the next 10 years.

Thank God that never happened.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You two girls gonna hug it out now?
    Go eat a fukking dozen donuts.

I'm bonded with RahRah.

Go eat a fukking dozen donuts.

I'm bonded with RahRah.
    I hope you two are very happy together.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I hope you two are very happy together.
    That's what happens when I get get warnings from the mods.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    first off he would improve field position on kick returns.

he would add a dimension to the offense that sanchez has never seen here.

when sanchez had edwards holmes and cotchery he did pretty well.

harvin is a route runner and playmaker and battles for the ball.

harvin a special player might bring out the best or better in sanchez.
    Then again he might not! Sanchez sucks!

That's what happens when I get get warnings from the mods.
    +1

All Pro
    Are we ignoring the reason why the Vikings want to get rid of Harvin? He's a locker room problem. Don't we have enough of those for one team? Can't we go draft or sign guys that just want to play team football?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Tom Brady is not clutch in the playoffs
    Thats jetsinsider rt there baby!!! whatzuppatzfan!!! Brady is old as **** ...

Just curious, how would Percy Harvin fix the following:

1) Sanchez's ability to read a defense.

2) Improve his decision making skills.

3) Eliminate all his INT's and fumbles.

4) And most importantly, improve his accuracy?
    +1