Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89

Thread: Best double album ever?

  1. #61
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    there's always this guy
    "People keep asking me: WHERE IS YOUR BROTHER????!!"


    RIght here, m****erF***er.


    Still alive...well...

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember saving up to buy this one. Not the best, but still fun.


  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Quadrophenia.


    /thread
    for sure.

  4. #64
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing what your musical taste shows about you, very interesting really.

    For shear star power (showing my age) Woodstock.


    Then personal The brothers live at the Phil,
    Last edited by fltflo; 02-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.

  5. #65
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    "People keep asking me: WHERE IS YOUR BROTHER????!!"


    RIght here, m****erF***er.


    Still alive...well...
    Yeah! Still Alive & Well One of the best records of John Dawson Winter III. And a come back album, to boot...! (from a long stint in rehab, for heroin addiction)

  6. #66
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Amazing what your musical taste shows about you, very interesting really.

    For shear star power (showing my age) Woodstock.


    Then personal The brothers live at the Phil,

    Without question, especially remembering the times.


    Your post reminded me of this gem, released the same year. I remember being in eighth grade and "analyzing" the songs from both records in my Catholic
    grade school religion class. The "Fish Cheer" went over real big.


  7. #67
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Without question, especially remembering the times.


    Your post reminded me of this gem, released the same year. I remember being in eighth grade and "analyzing" the songs from both records in my Catholic
    grade school religion class. The "Fish Cheer" went over real big.

    I was in 5th Grade, and I hated this album, because of the Broadway Bounce - I didn't understand why it was popular at all.

    Love that GFRR LIVE album! my friends older brother hipped us to that one.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Without question, especially remembering the times.


    Your post reminded me of this gem, released the same year. I remember being in eighth grade and "analyzing" the songs from both records in my Catholic
    grade school religion class. The "Fish Cheer" went over real big.

    One of the 4 albums my mother would listen to when I was a kid, the others were Tapestry, Hot August Night, and Bridge over troubled Waters. LOL.

  9. #69
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    One of the 4 albums my mother would listen to when I was a kid, the others were Tapestry, Hot August Night, and Bridge over troubled Waters. LOL.
    OMG, the Mom pile. DOn't let them touch my albums.


    LOOKOUT - CARPENTERS!

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I was in 5th Grade, and I hated this album, because of the Broadway Bounce - I didn't understand why it was popular at all.

    Love that GFRR LIVE album! my friends older brother hipped us to that one.
    That record was pre-Broadway. Ian Gillan belting out the JC role as well as Chris Spedding and Neil Hubbard laying down the guitar work. What's not to love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    One of the 4 albums my mother would listen to when I was a kid, the others were Tapestry, Hot August Night, and Bridge over troubled Waters. LOL.
    I feel old, Apache.

  11. #71
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That record was pre-Broadway. Ian Gillan belting out the JC role as well as Chris Spedding and Neil Hubbard laying down the guitar work. What's not to love.



    I feel old, Apache.
    I have chris spedding on a few albums; there is a Monk compiliation from 1982-83; Spedding covered Monk's "Work", iirc

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I have chris spedding on a few albums; there is a Monk compiliation from 1982-83; Spedding covered Monk's "Work", iirc
    I don't know this work. Thanks for the tip, WCO. Will try to find it.

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    OMG, the Mom pile. DOn't let them touch my albums.


    LOOKOUT - CARPENTERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    That record was pre-Broadway. Ian Gillan belting out the JC role as well as Chris Spedding and Neil Hubbard laying down the guitar work. What's not to love.



    I feel old, Apache.
    Some good, and great albums in that pile. lol.

  14. #74
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I don't know this work. Thanks for the tip, WCO. Will try to find it.
    Here you go, Squire.

    http://www.discogs.com/Various-Thats...elease/2137164

    Sorry about the formatting.

    D3
    Work
    Bass – Marcus Miller Drums – Anton Fig Guitar – Peter Frampton Guitar, Arranged By, Concept By – Chris Spedding

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Here you go, Squire.

    http://www.discogs.com/Various-Thats...elease/2137164

    Sorry about the formatting.

    D3
    Work
    Bass – Marcus Miller Drums – Anton Fig Guitar – Peter Frampton Guitar, Arranged By, Concept By – Chris Spedding
    VERY interesting record. Thanks, WCO.

    Just found it on YouTube:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nap6u5LyvCo

  16. #76
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    (I hope that Donald Fagen is not the deal-breaker )

  17. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    (I hope that Donald Fagen is not the deal-breaker )
    LOL. I saw that, but thought the better of commenting. Plus, John Scofield's participation makes up for Fagen's presence.

  18. #78
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Quadrophenia.


    /thread
    +me

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    3,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon PEOPLE!!!...Rattle & Hum....HELLO???

  20. #80
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    C'mon PEOPLE!!!...Rattle & Hum....HELLO???
    When LOVE comes to town I'm gonna catch that train

    Great guitar solo by BB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us