Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles sign Michael Vick to 1 year offer

Gets injured before week 5. Calling it now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I work with a guy who follows Oregon and he says a qb like foles isnt a fit for kellys scheme.
    likes a low IQ quarterback who can't read defenses and stays healthy for six games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Who else, available as a FA or in the draft, is going to fit Kelly's offensive style better? Whether or not it works, it is really the only option they have. They wouldn't do this if they felt Geno Smith was a better option for them. Personally I'm in the camp that Geno is going to drop like a rock in this draft.
    or they think geno is going b4 pick 4.

If they felt Geno was their guy AND he was going before 4 they would exhaust all options before guaranteeing Vick. There was no rush to make this move for Vick today. I would believe this theory if the move happened closer to draft day. I don't think Geno is going before 4. Personally I don't think he goes in the first round. When you watch Geno compared to RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton etc there is considerable drop in ability. Geno is not worth a top 5 pick even in this QB starved draft.

If they felt Geno was their guy AND he was going before 4 they would exhaust all options before guaranteeing Vick. There was no rush to make this move for Vick today. I would believe this theory if the move happened closer to draft day. I don't think Geno is going before 4. Personally I don't think he goes in the first round. When you watch Geno compared to RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton etc there is considerable drop in ability. Geno is not worth a top 5 pick even in this QB starved draft.

Depends on whether you think they'd grab Geno and start him immediately. Trade Foles for whatever they can get for him, sign Vick to a 1 year deal and have him as the starter. Draft Geno and have him ride behind Vick carrying a clipboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Depends on whether you think they'd grab Geno and start him immediately. Trade Foles for whatever they can get for him, sign Vick to a 1 year deal and have him as the starter. Draft Geno and have him ride behind Vick carrying a clipboard.
    Fair point. I still don't see Geno going that high but we'll have to wait and see.

Fair point. I still don't see Geno going that high but we'll have to wait and see.
    It's a QB league. Smith might not be the most talented guy in the draft, but QBs get drafted higher than their value. If you are Andy Reid and you take over a team with 5 Pro Bowl players and an overall decent roster outisde of QB, how do you not go QB with the #1 pick? Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn played serious snaps for that team last season, think about how awful that is. Sure, he could take the franchise left tackle, but what good is a left tackle if you are playing Matt Cassel at QB?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It's a QB league. Smith might not be the most talented guy in the draft, but QBs get drafted higher than their value. If you are Andy Reid and you take over a team with 5 Pro Bowl players and an overall decent roster outisde of QB, how do you not go QB with the #1 pick? Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn played serious snaps for that team last season, think about how awful that is. Sure, he could take the franchise left tackle, but what good is a left tackle if you are playing Matt Cassel at QB?
    If your name is Andy Reid, that in itself provides some security, and relieves some of the pressure of having to immediately turn things around. He can afford to take a more long term approach. A franchise left tackle is someone who could effect/improve the team for 10 years or more.

Geno wouldn't fit Chip's system. They need a quick/mobile QB. Geno is a pocket passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    If your name is Andy Reid, that in itself provides some security, and relieves some of the pressure of having to immediately turn things around. He can afford to take a more long term approach. A franchise left tackle is someone who could effect/improve the team for 10 years or more.
    True, but I'd still be surprised if they don't go QB with the #1 pick. It's a glaring need

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    True, but I'd still be surprised if they don't go QB with the #1 pick. It's a glaring need
    In this QB class? That'd be a waste.

I still see them targeting Jones or EJ Manuel in the 2nd or 3rd round. They could even still end up trading Vick. There is some speculation that this is a move to add trading pieces to move into the 1 spot to get Geno. Although I don't think he'd fit Chips O to be honest. If they can get even a 3rd out of trading Vick this deal is well worth it. They really didn't give Vick anything they can't move it is a very trade friendly deal. Vick knew he wasn't getting more then that on the open market.

Jets Insider VIP
    I went to Ducks games in person and I can tell you Coach Chip Kelly is the real deal. And Vick will be playing better than he ever has...... Watch and learn!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    As PFT said, Vick's deal has $3.5M signing bonus, $3.5M base, $500K in roster bonuses, $1.5M if he plays 90% of snaps, $1M if Eagles win SB

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    ... And on that last point, the $1M Super Bowl bonus comes if Vick plays in it. All of this, per source.

The Vick news is VERY surprising.

If' I'm the Jets, I'm seriously evaluating Foles, and making inquiries