Thread: Star

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Star

Pouha is out the door and Devito is reportedly receiving a lot of interest. There's a very real possibility that we lose both and arguably our biggest strength (DL) takes a pretty big hit.

Before the heart condition stuff arised, many considered Star hands down the best defensive player in the draft. Hell, the best player in the draft, period.

Now there is the very real possibility that he's there at #9.

Could be a perfect scenario of BAP matching need.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He scares me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much more is improving the NT position going to help this team? What is our cap going to look like when Wilkerson, Coples and Star reach their 2nd contracts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A outside linebacker passrusher and Guard is still priority. I wouldn't like it if they did.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    He scares me.
    I'm scared of pretty much everyone in this draft not named Warmack, Cooper or Eifert.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd pass but I'd also get the value in it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both of those guys didn't contribute significantly last season.

Our DL will be fine.

Draft a pass rushing OLB, Warmack, or trade out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    A outside linebacker passrusher and Guard is still priority. I wouldn't like it if they did.
    You do realize we don't have a viable starting NT on our roster now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    How much more is improving the NT position going to help this team? What is our cap going to look like when Wilkerson, Coples and Star reach their 2nd contracts?
    Without a legit NT the 3-4 defense does not work. See D-Rob and our defense last season everyone ran on us because Pouha and Ellis both sucked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Both of those guys didn't contribute significantly last season.

Our DL will be fine.

Draft a pass rushing OLB, Warmack, or trade out.
    Why do you feel DeVito did not contribute? I thought his play was solid, even when forced to play the nose

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Without a legit NT the 3-4 defense does not work. See D-Rob and our defense last season everyone ran on us because Pouha and Ellis both sucked.
    I disagree with you about Ellis, when we was not hurt, he showed some flashes. It takes nose tackles a couple of seasons to round into form. Don't forget that we drafted Sione Pouha and he did not give the team much until Jenkins went down with an injury in 2009. I believe that was Pouha's 4th season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the way FA is going, vacarro is looking like he may very well be the pick. he'd anchor the new secondary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the way FA is going, vacarro is looking like he may very well be the pick. he'd anchor the new secondary.
    Draft is deep with safeties we can wait..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a question. If his name wasn't so cool would he still be a top ten pick?

John Smith, dlineman with a heart problem from a non powerhouse school.

Screams mid late first round to me. Not that he's not a good player, but I think his name props his value (call it the Alualu effect...same position).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Draft is deep with safeties we can wait..
    the jets have so many holes, they really do need to take BAP. if it's vacarro, well, ok. they filled a need with a very good player. he'll make the entire defense better. in the second round, instead of taking a safety, they'll take another position. they need everything. the key is taking good players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL scouts are considering him a 34 end, not nose tackle despite his size... We already drafted that position the last 2 years.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many bigger needs than DL. This team is a mess. I'd launch myself thru a window if we took another DL in round 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL scouts are considering him a 34 end, not nose tackle despite his size... We already drafted that position the last 2 years.

Star wouldn't be a good NT. If you took him it would be to play DE. Floyd would be a better NT option. If we went 4-3 I could very well see us taking either of those guys. No Pouha and no Devito we would need anther DT. Ellis wouldn't be a full time 4-3 guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I disagree with you about Ellis, when we was not hurt, he showed some flashes. It takes nose tackles a couple of seasons to round into form. Don't forget that we drafted Sione Pouha and he did not give the team much until Jenkins went down with an injury in 2009. I believe that was Pouha's 4th season.
    Our run defense was awful last year and while most of the blame goes to Harris, Scott and Pace (rightfully so) alot has to go to Pouha who has jumped the shark and Kenrick Ellis. Ellis is a decent backup he is not a viable starting Nose.

Only reason it took Pouha 4 years to round into form was he was coached by idiots like Herm, Mangini and Sutton who didn't have a clue about how to motivate players.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 03-14-2013 at 07:30 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Star can play both DE and NT. He has prototypical size for Nose and is fast enough to play DE in a 3-4. Why is this such a hard concept?