Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Schein on the afternoon blitz

All Pro
    I'd do the deal for 2 first round picks in a heart beat.

Alex Smith is the deal breaker. We simply can't afford his contract unless we can somehow unload the Sanchez contract from the books, which is very unlikely.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    First, this can not even work in the cap. Revis will hit the cap for 9 mill and increase in 3 mill dollars due to SB pro-ration . Smith will then add 7.5 mill and the 2#1s another 3 mill. Where are the jets going to find 14 mill dollars.

And how do you consider 2 #1 picks trash? For renting a cb for a year. The jets don't have revis long term, don't you understand that?
    Alex Smith is a liability for the Niners. Why should the Jets pay for the privilege of relieving them of this problem, with their very best player?

Helping the 49'ers to get rid of Alex Smith is 'carrying out the trash' for them. Not the picks -which are essentially high second round picks in reality.

Getting Alex Smith you are essentially cloning Mark Sanchez - so you duplicate your problem at QB. Instead of one lousy QB you have two, and no star defensive player anymore. What's the point? Then, adding a low first round unknown gamble for the first year. That is a downgrade. Alex Smith is Mark Sanchez with a really good cast around him.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 02-11-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWjet View Post
    Says if he were the 49ers he would call the Jets and offer 2 #1's ( #31 this year and an assumed late pick next year) and Alex Smith for Revis.

Would you do this, or better yet would SF
    Why the hell would they do that, they don't need Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    I do that deal all day, everyday.

I don't get these people scoffing at the idea of picking up two late 1st rounders. How is that bad? I'll take two late 1st rounders over one mid 1st round pick. We just picked up Wilkerson with the 30th overall pick two years ago.

Anyone who thinks we could get a Top 5 or Top 10 pick for Revis must be smoking something.

And Alex Smith would easily be the best QB this team has had since the '02 version of Pennington. Is he some kind of elite franchise QB? No, but he'd be a damn good 2-3 year stop gap and he's perfect for the WCO. Smart, accurate, mobile and doesn't turn the ball over.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And Alex Smith would easily be the best QB this team has had since the '02 version of Pennington. Is he some kind of elite franchise QB? No, but he'd be a damn good 2-3 year stop gap and he's perfect for the WCO. Smart, accurate, mobile and doesn't turn the ball over.
    On the '11 and '12 49ers. Only. He's not doing that on the Jets.

Not 4 Smith thats 4 sure.. Those two 1st rd picks R no guarentee's, especially when jets draft them..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    On the '11 and '12 49ers. Only. He's not doing that on the Jets.
    He's a big upgrade over Sanchez anyway you slice it and much more of a sure thing than a complete unknown like Matt Flynn or one of the rookies in this years draft who not too many people are high on.

There's no way you can convince me that someone like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell are better options either.

So yeah, I'd take him.

I do that deal all day, everyday.

I don't get these people scoffing at the idea of picking up two late 1st rounders. How is that bad? I'll take two late 1st rounders over one mid 1st round pick. We just picked up Wilkerson with the 30th overall pick two years ago.

Anyone who thinks we could get a Top 5 or Top 10 pick for Revis must be smoking something.

I agree, Jets would have to take this deal if offered. I'm not sure the Niners would want to cough up 2 picks plus Smith though. They clearly should because they are literally a Revis away from winning the SB, but his injury could drop his pricetag a bit

Hall Of Fame
    I would do it for Alex Smith, 2014 1st and 2014 2nd.

Stockpile those 2014 picks just in case we have to move up for a QB.

I don't care what anybody says, Alex Smith is an average QB which makes him light-years better than Sanchez. He might not be a long term answer (I don't think he is) but he is a big upgrade over what we currently have.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Banned
    I'd make that deal without thinking twice about it. We'd have two firsts this year AND next year, plus a QB that guarantees Mark Sanchez won't see the field next year (or ever again).

You're out of your f*cking mind if you think that's a bad deal for the Jets.

That's how you rebuild a depleted roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I'd make that deal without thinking twice about it. We'd have two firsts this year AND next year, plus a QB that guarantees Mark Sanchez won't see the field next year (or ever again).

Co-sign.

All League
    Screw that. I don't want Alex Smith and there's no reason the Jets should either.

I say we call up Dan Snyder and the Redskins. Offer Revis for Kirk Cousins and perhaps a 2nd rounder or something. Snyder loves those defensive guys, and I'm sure Shanahan wouldn't mind having the best DB in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post

agreed and that should be what we are aiming for. Instead I see Suckchez fans rushing to defend him by saying he is as good as Smith. Are they awake or sleep walking?

I would want to know the average length of a career of a QB vs a CB in this league. Revis is one year younger than Smith : 27 vs 28

All Pro
    Alex Smith was Mark SAnchez before Mark Sanchez was Mark Sanchez. I would take the deal if, and only if, the entire oline, offensive skill positions, and defense comes with him, because that is what it would take Alex Smith (oh and coaching too) to get back to the championship game, and lose, again, just like Smith did last year. He could do no better than Sanchez did. Why bother????? If you're going to trade your best player, get fair value. I'm all for trading Revis, just not for a pile of garbage.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 02-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The scenario is ridiculous because Smith will be released regardless. The idea of anyone trading for him is not as absurd as someone trading for Sanchez but its a close second.

Revis should be retained. There is no trade that will bring back equal value for a player like him. He is worth the 14-15Million per year price tag. Considering a player like Cro is likely to cost 11 million the couple extra bucks for the best is well worth it. Our cap issues end in 2013. Chances are we will be forced to spend on lesser players if we don't retain Revis.
    He won't be released, unless they have to.

He has an odd contract, where if cut, they have to pay him 1.5 or 2 million. If traded, for ANYTHING, they are 100% off the hook for Smith's salary.

That's why the 49ers want to deal him so badly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Alex Smith was Mark SAnchez before Mark Sanchez was Mark Sanchez. I would take the deal if, and only if, the entire oline, offensive skill positions, and defense comes with him, because that is what it would take Alex Smith (oh and coaching too) to get back to the championship game, and lose, again, just like Smith did last year. He could do no better than Sanchez did. Why bother????? If you're going to trade your best player, get fair value. I'm all for trading Revis, just not for a pile of garbage.
    LOL

Did you even watch last years NFCC game?

The Niners lost that game because they had two huge fumbles on kick/punt returns.

Alex Smith did everything he needed to.

The guy even went toe to toe with Drew Brees and outgunned him just a week earlier.

They wouldn't have even been in last years NFC championship game if it wasn't for Smith.

I certainly would and San Francisco probably would not.

Two #1's and Smith for Revis off a torn ACL? I think it's more likely that it would be a 1 and Smith or maybe a 1 and a 3 and Smith.

All Pro
    LOL

Did you even watch last years NFCC game?

The Niners lost that game because they had two huge fumbles on kick/punt returns.

Alex Smith did everything he needed to.

The guy even went toe to toe with Drew Brees and outgunned him just a week earlier.

They wouldn't have even been in last years NFC championship game if it wasn't for Smith.
    Yipee so let's get to the championship game and lose, again.
    I did watch it and up until then I was trying to switch loyalties from the Jets to the Niners, and it was like watching Mark Sanchez all over again. Boring. Had to do all sorts of tricks to get scoring done and the only person he could hit was Vernon Davis. We don't have Vernon Davis. People are suffering from grass is greener on the other side syndrome and remembering his performance nostalgically with unwarranted praise. I ended my brief flirtation of fandom with them after being disgusted with them losing that game and could not revive it this year; I see no reason to recreate that on the Jets. They had to dump him to get to the SB this year. Yes Sanchez sucks, that doesn't make Smith an alternative. He will do no better here than Sanchez was able to. He has hit his ceiling. Why aspire to mediocrity?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 02-11-2013 at 07:42 PM.

THIS

LOL, it's funny ho people rate Smith higher than Sanchez