Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 132 of 132

Thread: Adam Schein on the afternoon blitz

  1. #121
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan View Post
    Agreed! If we rip the band-aid off fast it won't hurt as much.
    Exactly what i was thinking. The offense is the biggest problem so start there with Sanchez and Holmes.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What was so great about the team Sanchez took over, especially in his first year, when he had Stuckey and Cotchery as his starting WR's?

    A great team? No, a good team? Yes.

    So the Jets, a great team went 9-7 with Favre at QB, with Sanchez the next year, they went 9-7 with a rookie Sanchez

    They weren't great, that is a weak argument.

    He was terrible last year, with a terrible supporting cast around him, due numerous key player injuries and a roster that was banged up week in and week out.

    Move on because you say so? Sanchez may very well not rebound from last year, but all I've said is that I'd like to see him get the chance, with a legit supporting cast around him, and a chance to develop under an offensive coach that is committed to the passing game, which hasn't been the case throughout Sanchez' career to this point.

    That's a pretty misleading statement. Favre was hurt at the end of the season, obviously so. Until he got hurt, he was well on his way to a pro-bowl season. The Jets defense was well improved the next season (first under Rex Ryan (they literally gave up 120 less points than the previous season).

  3. #123
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No one is saying that Smith will lead us to Superbowl glory.

    He's just simply a better option than Sanchez.

    I know that me and you were the biggest Sanchez fans prior to the '09 draft, but I can't take this kid anymore.

    I'm literally at my wits end.

    Anyone but Sanchez in 2013.

    Literally
    I hear ya, I don't want Smith but I'd be for exploring a trade for Flynn

  4. #124
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    That's a pretty misleading statement. Favre was hurt at the end of the season, obviously so. Until he got hurt, he was well on his way to a pro-bowl season. The Jets defense was well improved the next season (first under Rex Ryan (they literally gave up 120 less points than the previous season).
    Ummm I understand what you are saying but injuries are part of the game and factor into your record. I could say that if Chad doesn't get hurt every other year the Jets win a SB with Herm Edwards!!!

    It don't work that way.

    As a former Jets HC once said "you are what your record says you are" and the Farve Jets are not immune from this reality.

  5. #125
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What was so great about the team Sanchez took over, especially in his first year, when he had Stuckey and Cotchery as his starting WR's?

    A great team? No, a good team? Yes.

    So the Jets, a great team went 9-7 with Favre at QB, with Sanchez the next year, they went 9-7 with a rookie Sanchez

    They weren't great, that is a weak argument.

    He was terrible last year, with a terrible supporting cast around him, due numerous key player injuries and a roster that was banged up week in and week out.

    Move on because you say so? Sanchez may very well not rebound from last year, but all I've said is that I'd like to see him get the chance, with a legit supporting cast around him, and a chance to develop under an offensive coach that is committed to the passing game, which hasn't been the case throughout Sanchez' career to this point.
    Nice Post Ray!!

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    By committing to Alex smith you are committing to mediocrity at the qb position. We need a franchise qb not a game manager.
    Alex Smith was better than half the QBs in the league last year. You may be right that he's mediocre, but the reality is, that is still good enough to be one of the better QBs in the league right now. There's just not a lot of good ones, and even fewer good ones available.

    All that being said, if you give up Revis, you've got to get "future hall of famer" caliber in return, or at least the types of draft picks you could use to draft that guy. This deal doesn't deliver that. Late #1's, meh.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Alex Smith was better than half the QBs in the league last year. You may be right that he's mediocre, but the reality is, that is still good enough to be one of the better QBs in the league right now. There's just not a lot of good ones, and even fewer good ones available.

    All that being said, if you give up Revis, you've got to get "future hall of famer" caliber in return, or at least the types of draft picks you could use to draft that guy. This deal doesn't deliver that. Late #1's, meh.
    No way can jets demand" future hall of famer caliber" in return for revis. I wish we could.. Why would anyone trade " future hof caliber for revis? Who is coming of major surgery and in walk year.. If this was baseball, and there was no cap I could see your argument. Revis deserves to get paid a high amount. But few teams want or can afford to pay ( under cap) that much for a cb. Can't pay everyone the big bucks and most teams would rather pay for great qbs, rbs, wrs.. Not saying there is not a market for revis, but won't see teams jumping to trade a bunch of 1st rounders and then pony up to pay him. That means clearing 14 mil by getting rid of players they would have liked to keep.. Doubt many teams are 14 mil under the cap.. Teams that will want revis will be the top teams who know revis could be final piece. Those teams will have late 1st round picks.. If jets get this offer they will take it.. Agree smith is much better than Sanchez

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What was so great about the team Sanchez took over, especially in his first year, when he had Stuckey and Cotchery as his starting WR's?

    A great team? No, a good team? Yes.

    So the Jets, a great team went 9-7 with Favre at QB, with Sanchez the next year, they went 9-7 with a rookie Sanchez

    They weren't great, that is a weak argument.

    He was terrible last year, with a terrible supporting cast around him, due numerous key player injuries and a roster that was banged up week in and week out.

    Move on because you say so? Sanchez may very well not rebound from last year, but all I've said is that I'd like to see him get the chance, with a legit supporting cast around him, and a chance to develop under an offensive coach that is committed to the passing game, which hasn't been the case throughout Sanchez' career to this point.
    Why do you ignore the fact that to that previous team they jets added Scott, Leonard, lito Shepard and Braylon Edwards (after the 4th game) and SHon Greene and Under a healthy Farve they were the top team in the AFC at Thanksgiving after beating both the undefeated Tenn and patriots in back to back weeks. Go back to this forum after those two wins.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by GWjet View Post
    Says if he were the 49ers he would call the Jets and offer 2 #1's ( #31 this year and an assumed late pick next year) and Alex Smith for Revis.

    Would you do this, or better yet would SF
    i would do this deal

  10. #130
    Im 50/50 on Revis but that deal isn't moving me

  11. #131
    Adam Schein knows nothing about football yet this thread has taken over JI. Maybe the Jets can replace Sanchez with Schein's hero JP Losman.

  12. #132
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,257
    Originally Posted by GWjet
    Says if he were the 49ers he would call the Jets and offer 2 #1's ( #31 this year and an assumed late pick next year) and Alex Smith for Revis.

    Would you do this, or better yet would SF
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    i would do this deal

    ... + 1 ...




    ljr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us