Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Schein on the afternoon blitz

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He's a big upgrade over Sanchez anyway you slice it and much more of a sure thing than a complete unknown like Matt Flynn or one of the rookies in this years draft who not too many people are high on.

There's no way you can convince me that someone like Matt Moore or Jason Campbell are better options either.

So yeah, I'd take him.

LOL

Did you even watch last years NFCC game?

The Niners lost that game because they had two huge fumbles on kick/punt returns.

Alex Smith did everything he needed to.

The guy even went toe to toe with Drew Brees and outgunned him just a week earlier.

They wouldn't have even been in last years NFC championship game if it wasn't for Smith.
    Last year, Smith as 27 years old, and it was his 6th year in the league, did you forget his first 5 years?

It's absolutely hilarious you support a player in Smith, whose first 5 seasons were worse than Sanchez' first 4 seasons.

A major upgrade? LOL
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-11-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Last year, Smith as 27 years old, and it was his 6th year in the league, did you forget his first 5 years?

It's absolutely hilarious you support a player in Smith, whose first 5 seasons were worse than Sanchez' first 4 seasons.
    Yes, it's hilarious.

Now please quit responding to me.

Tired of the constant pissing matches with you.

Yes, it's hilarious.

Now please quit responding to me.

Tired of the constant pissing matches with you.
    Huh?

Pissing match?

I've done nothing but debate you, and show you're nothing but a hypocrite and irrational when it comes to Sanchez

Not a pissing match buddy, it's football.

Stop responding to you?

LOL, truth hurt?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I agree, Jets would have to take this deal if offered. I'm not sure the Niners would want to cough up 2 picks plus Smith though. They clearly should because they are literally a Revis away from winning the SB, but his injury could drop his pricetag a bit
    I honestly wouldn't mind Smith, a 2nd this year and a 1st in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    I am surprised you think Smith will be the same QB with the Jets that he was when he was with Harbaugh. Smith WAS Sanchez before Harbaugh, I have little confidence that Smith will be anywhere near as good with the Jets than he was with the 49ers for a season and a half.

I wouldn't mind Smith as a stop gap and as competition for Sanchez, but not in a trade when he can be had after he will be released on April 1st.

But Smith, yeah, at this point in his career, he's developed after a rough start.

But Smith is not a "major upgrade," he used to be the same player as the guy you hate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yipee so let's get to the championship game and lose, again.
    I did watch it and up until then I was trying to switch loyalties from the Jets to the Niners, and it was like watching Mark Sanchez all over again. Boring. Had to do all sorts of tricks to get scoring done and the only person he could hit was Vernon Davis. We don't have Vernon Davis. People are suffering from grass is greener on the other side syndrome and remembering his performance nostalgically with unwarranted praise. I ended my brief flirtation of fandom with them after being disgusted with them losing that game and could not revive it this year; I see no reason to recreate that on the Jets. They had to dump him to get to the SB this year. Yes Sanchez sucks, that doesn't make Smith an alternative. He will do no better here than Sanchez was able to. He has hit his ceiling. Why aspire to mediocrity?
    Smith is a Top 20 QB

Is he anything special? No.

But he's a better alternative than Sanchez for the next 2-3 years while we develop a young QB.

The fact that we're now running a traditional WCO also has to be factored in. And in order to run this offense effectively, you need a QB who is capable of making quick reads, is accurate with the ball and won't turn it over.

There's no way that you can convince me that Sanchez is just as good of a fit in this system as Alex Smith.

Smith was completing 70% of his passes and had a 3:1 TD/INT ratio before suffering a concussion and getting benched. Sanchez has never come remotely close to that even when we had a dominant rushing attack and the best OL in football.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am surprised you think Smith will be the same QB with the Jets that he was when he was with Harbaugh. Smith WAS Sanchez before Harbaugh, I have little confidence that Smith will be anywhere near as good with the Jets than he was with the 49ers for a season and a half.

Smith is a Top 20 QB

Is he anything special? No.

But he's a better alternative than Sanchez for the next 2-3 years while we develop a young QB.
    Based on what?

The fact that we're now running a traditional WCO also has to be factored in. And in order to run this offense effectively, you need a QB who is capable of making quick reads, is accurate with the ball and won't turn it over.
    And consider Sanchez played well in this style of offense at USC, how do you know Sanchez doesn't finally put it together a little bit as Smith did?

There's no way that you can convince me that Sanchez is just as good of a fit in this system as Alex Smith.
    The stats say otherwise, both have had similar starts to their career, Sanchez is already here, won't require a trade, unless Smith is signed on as a FA, you can't convince anybody a trade for a player like Smith makes sense, unless it's part of a much bigger deal.

Smith was completing 70% of his passes and had a 3:1 TD/INT ratio before suffering a concussion and getting benched. Sanchez has never come remotely close to that even when we had a dominant rushing attack and the best OL in football.
    Finally, in his 8th season, it was a good start, who knows how the season plays out.

A major upgrade? LOL
    Dude your starting to sound as crazy as Sar. How can you look at both of their stats and even try to argue mark was not as bad as smith? In 62 games in nfl mark turned the ball over 101 times.. Smith in 80 career games turned the ball over 106 times.. You do the % math.. Plus smith improved, sanchez has been on a downward spiral past 2 years.. Not that he was ever "up" Sanchez is a turnover machine, how u lead the league in turnovers in a offense that doesn't throw often is mind boggling..

Jets Insider VIP
    Even when Sanchez had a strong supporting cast during his first two seasons, he only managed a 54% completion percentage and 27 TD's vs 33 INT's.

That's a farcry from Smith's 70% completion percentage and 3:1 TD/INT ratio before getting hurt. He was on pace for the best season of his career...by far.

Hall Of Fame
    Even when Sanchez had a strong supporting cast during his first two seasons, he only managed a 54% completion percentage and 27 TD's vs 33 INT's.

That's a farcry from Smith's 70% completion percentage and 3:1 TD/INT ratio before getting hurt. He was on pace for the best season of his career...by far.
    You dont think Harbaugh and Roman had anything to do with that? They did a great job of putting Smith in a position to succeed. Do you really think he will be the same player with the Jets? My opinion is that Smith reverts back to what he was for the previous 7 years of his career. If anything this shows how great coaching can get the most out of a player.

Jets Insider VIP
    You dont think Harbaugh and Roman had anything to do with that? They did a great job of putting Smith in a position to succeed. Do you really think he will be the same player with the Jets? My opinion is that Smith reverts back to what he was for the previous 7 years of his career. If anything this shows how great coaching can get the most out of a player.
    Do I think he'll be the exact same player?

No

But I don't think he reverts back into the "Bottom 3 among starting QB's" Alex Smith of 4 years ago either.

I think he's an upgrade over Sanchez, period.

I don't see what's so farfetched about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Dude your starting to sound as crazy as Sar. How can you look at both of their stats and even try to argue mark was not as bad as smith? In 62 games in nfl mark turned the ball over 101 times.. Smith in 80 career games turned the ball over 106 times.. You do the % math.. Plus smith improved, sanchez has been on a downward spiral past 2 years.. Not that he was ever "up" Sanchez is a turnover machine, how u lead the league in turnovers in a offense that doesn't throw often is mind boggling..
    Huh?

I said Mark and Smith were the same player, I'm arguing that Smith's start to his career was not any different than Sanchez

Sanchez has actually put up better numbers than Smith did in his first 4 years, Smith as on an even worse track until Harbaugh arrived

Maybe Mornhinweg can have the same impact on Sanchez, that's all I'm really saying.

Huh?

I said Mark and Smith were the same player, I'm arguing that Smith's start to his career was not any different than Sanchez

Sanchez has actually put up better numbers than Smith did in his first 4 years, Smith as on an even worse track until Harbaugh arrived

Maybe Mornhinweg can have the same impact on Sanchez, that's all I'm really saying.
    Worse track? he improved just about every year.Sanchez was not better than smith, ever.. Are u just trying to twist the stats by looking at total yards, tds for 1st 4 years ? Mark played in 62 reg season games in 4 years, smith only 43 so yes marks total yards will be higher playing in 19 more games .Smith had qb rating over 80 twice before harbaugh got here, mark never hit 80. Smith climbed the ladder like many qbs do, mark fell off the ladder after 2 steps.. He can't read defenses at all, he just isn't smart enough to be a qb in the nfl.. I'm not saying smith is great, but he's def. better than mark Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by GWjet View Post
    Says if he were the 49ers he would call the Jets and offer 2 #1's ( #31 this year and an assumed late pick next year) and Alex Smith for Revis.

Would you do this, or better yet would SF
    No and my 95 yr old Grandmother knows more about football than Adam Schine. Get that clown off NFL Radio already he sucks.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-11-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Worse track? he improved just about every year.Sanchez was not better than smith, ever.. Are u just trying to twist the stats by looking at total yards, tds for 1st 4 years ?
    Umm no. That's just the truth. Alex Smith was a God-Awful QB his first 5 years in the NFL and he had a good to very good supporting cast for a good chunk of that time period. He's not that good and he would have self-destructed with our WR's, JAG RB's and mediocre OL from last year. Just like McEltits did and Teblow would have done if Rex had started his scrub ass.

I love how people give Harbaugh the credit for developing Smith. Smith was putting it all together before Harbaugh got there and showing steady progression.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...416/alex-smith

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think anyone is saying Alex Smith is a great QB. We are just comparing him to the pile of Sh!t we currently employ at the position.

Smith has a brain and can read a defense. He is accurate. He is also deceptively mobile.

Personally I don't want him bc it would basically ruin our shot at getting Bridgewater bc Smith will not piss away games like Sanchez.

I am surprised you think Smith will be the same QB with the Jets that he was when he was with Harbaugh. Smith WAS Sanchez before Harbaugh
    No he was worse