Thread: Bills cut safety George Wilson

Bills cut safety George Wilson

I like Wilson's play a lot. So does PFF -- top-ten safety in coverage. Smart player.

All Pro
    Have always appreciated Wilson's game. Good player.

Could make a nice replacement for Bell if the Jets decide not to resign him.

Wilson is over 30 now, but has always played well against the Jets.
    Last edited by mrcoops; 02-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.

All Pro
    Any idea why he was released?

he is better than bell. If landry goes, then maybe move bell to SS and wilson at FS??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I'd guess a combination of age (32 this year), salary and change of scheme. New regime cleaning house type of thing.

Wilson can still play, he's a leader and, by all accounts, a good guy and solid citizen.

Definitely worth an enquiry IMO...not a washed up vet by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I'd guess a combination of age (32 this year), salary and change of scheme. New regime cleaning house type of thing.

Wilson can still play, he's a leader and, by all accounts, a good guy and solid citizen.

Definitely worth an enquiry IMO...not a washed up vet by any means.
    Pettine took over so if the scheme is a problem in Buffalo it will be a problem here. I think it had more to do with the Bills trying to get younger and faster, something I think the Jets need to do. But if Landry goes and Rex isn't confident in the young safeties we drafted last year I am all for giving Wilson a shot.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    he is better than bell. If landry goes, then maybe move bell to SS and wilson at FS??
    That could work. I think Landry is definitely gone, so guys like Bell and Wilson would be a cheaper but still viable alternative combo.

Another SS.

No thank you.

We need a FS.

And Buffalo probably released him so they could sign the better of their safety pair, FS Jarius Byrd.

He has declined greatly in the last 2 years. Still viable but I'd rather give Bush and Allen a shot,

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Wilson and Barnett are cut to make room for Free Agents Landry at Safety coupled with Byrd, great Safety Tandem... Pace will replace Barnett on a short term deal at OLB and Devito will sign a long term deal with the Bills.
    Pettin will add an expieranced player in his system to every layer of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Wilson and Barnett are cut to make room for Free Agents Landry at Safety coupled with Byrd, great Safety Tandem... Pace will replace Barnett on a short term deal at OLB and Devito will sign a long term deal with the Bills.
    Pettin will add an expieranced player in his system to every layer of the defense.
    So you think Bird is back next year? If they don't tag him he may be highly sought after. He will likely make more then Landry. Who by the way plays the same spot.