Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: qb options.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The real question lies in who is evaluating the prospective QB's in this draft. The concensus is they're all pretty much inadequate from most major reports, however I bet at least one or two pan out. The big problem I see is we still have the same people evaluating QB's since the days of Herm. Our scouting department is largely intact. The same guys who picked Clemens, Sanchez, McElroy, Ainge, Bollinger, etc.. are all still here. To me this is where the problem lies. Maybe Morningweg has some say now, who knows. But bottom line is I'm betting one or two of these QB's in this years draft are better than people think, and some team is going to end up looking like geniuses. I doubt it's us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we wouldnt have to trade for him and give up anything. invite him to camp and take it from there. i feel confident he can beat out any current jets qb.
    I really doubt it, but I guess an invite wouldnt hurt.

Actually it would, the guys is a bad team mate, a dumb person, and a terrible QB.

There is no upside here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    geno smith will be there at 9.

get rid of sanchez i dont want him anywhere around any rookie qb.

sign young on the cheap he is far from done. he was in a bad situation and had some issues which im sure are resolved by now.
    How could you possibly know this?

This guy hasn't been an effective NFL QB since his rookie season. He is just as trash as Sanchez, if not worse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I really doubt it, but I guess an invite wouldnt hurt.

Actually it would, the guys is a bad team mate, a dumb person, and a terrible QB.

There is no upside here.
    so is mark sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so is mark sanchez.
    Mark Sanchez while totally inept at actually QB'ing is ten times the person and team mate Young is. Have you ever heard Vince Young talk? He is on another planet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Mark Sanchez while totally inept at actually QB'ing is ten times the person and team mate Young is. Have you ever heard Vince Young talk? He is on another planet.
    did vince young ever eat a hot dog on the sideline? case closed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol whatever GMC. There is zero percent chance Vince Young is on the jets next year so I'm not worried about it. Have fun living in fantasy land though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. I agree with you on the other stuff, but you are seriously reaching with that one right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. I agree with you on the other stuff, but you are seriously reaching with that one right there.
    This is how GMC operates though. He is the Vince Young of posters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is here to stay for the length of his contract i just cant see anyone trading for him and paying him all that money.

so who do we bring in for competition and ultimately to start the 2013 season.

again discussion purposes only. not looking to be attacked ridiculed trolled on the usual.

tebow-mcelroy-sanchez battle it out in camp or

vince young who can run and throw in the wco.
    Wait until nxt yr and draft BOYD!!! FuKKIT!!! or Draft the Bridge da brid da brid da brid da Bridgewater... Da Bridge is over da bridge is over hey hey..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt we take a QB in the second, if at all. Only see it happening if Nassib falls to us (since we're reportedly high on him).
    I would be shocked if we did not draft a QB in round 1 or 2, absolutely shocked, even if we trade for Flynn which I think is reasonably likely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am done with arguing it I want Barkley as the starter next year. He is a great prospect IMO we'd be lucky to have him. I'll take any of the top 11 QB prospects over the chuds we have. No way McElroy or Mark should be on the roster IMO. Id rather see Jeff Tuel starting then either one of those low lives.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is here to stay for the length of his contract i just cant see anyone trading for him and paying him all that money.

so who do we bring in for competition and ultimately to start the 2013 season.

again discussion purposes only. not looking to be attacked ridiculed trolled on the usual.

tebow-mcelroy-sanchez battle it out in camp or

vince young who can run and throw in the wco.
    i cant see the jets basically laying down for a season. theres alot of tickets to sell. if they are going to try and build a decent team on the cheap vince young may be worth a look.
    hassellbeck and palmer are 2 old guys. i dont think rex will do a brunell ii again.

vince young is available and i know he can beat sanchez for the starting job here.
    geno smith will be there at 9.

get rid of sanchez i dont want him anywhere around any rookie qb.

sign young on the cheap he is far from done. he was in a bad situation and had some issues which im sure are resolved by now.
    I think... I think you want the Jets to bring in Vince Young. I'm not sure how I got that from you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are McElroy and Sanchez low lives? Also, I enjoy how you left Tim out of the "they shouldn't be on the roster next year" bit. Cute, Tebowite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are McElroy and Sanchez low lives? Also, I enjoy how you left Tim out of the "they shouldn't be on the roster next year" bit. Cute, Tebowite.
    McEroy is the biggest POS backstabbing QB I have ever seen and Sanchez keeps quitting on his team. They ARE low lives. I could care less if Tebow is still on the team or not next year he isn't starting either. You don't know what your talking about calling me a Tebowite lol I am an FSU fan. I have seen him shatter my dreams more times then I care to remember. If he is or isn't I couldn't care less as long as Sanchez and McNutt are off the FN roster this year. I want a real FN QB not this BS we have. You can take your McNutt QB and go on vaca with him for all I care there is no place for him on this team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think Matt Moore is the best "realistic" option.

Guy has been sneaky underrated/under appreciated his whole career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, they are absolutely NOT low lives, you ****ing jagoff. McElroy stabbed NO ONE in the back, and Sanchez never gave up on anyone. They both, I give you that. But, to say they're morally questionable when you don't even know them is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Fitting, though, since you ARE the dumbest **** I've ever seen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I still think Matt Moore is the best "realistic" option.

Guy has been sneaky underrated/under appreciated his whole career.
    As a patch work yes as a future no. I think he will get too much in FA now. With Vick already off the board Moore is hands down the top QB on the market now. I just really think someone is going to end up giving him 6-7 mil for 2 or 3 years. If Flynn can get the money he did someone will gamble on Moore IMO because he has proven a lot more. I think we will look at him but the price will just be too high. Either way we NEED to draft a QB while we are looking at a deep QB class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, they are absolutely NOT low lives, you ****ing jagoff. McElroy stabbed NO ONE in the back, and Sanchez never gave up on anyone. They both, I give you that. But, to say they're morally questionable when you don't even know them is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Fitting, though, since you ARE the dumbest **** I've ever seen.
    I didn't insult you I insulted them. There is no need for that. OK you like them both I still think they are both a waste of roster spots on any team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I didn't insult you I insulted them. There is no need for that. OK you like them both I still think they are both a waste of roster spots on any team.
    What the **** are you talking about, you uninformed goon? Both of them suck complete ass. THAT'S the reason why they shouldn't be on the team, not some silly idea that they're bad people.