Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: qb options.

Jets Insider VIP
    Picking up a garbage vet qb serves absolutely no purpose for the Jets - draft a couple of qbs and see what they got....2013 is a rebuilding year...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I still think Matt Moore is the best "realistic" option.

Guy has been sneaky underrated/under appreciated his whole career.
    I would bring him in as well and skip the garbage in this yrs draft. Hold out until next year and hope we can draft early in the 1st. Bridgewater or Bust

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What the **** are you talking about, you uninformed goon? Both of them suck complete ass. THAT'S the reason why they shouldn't be on the team, not some silly idea that they're bad people.
    IMO they are bad team mates. Nothing you can say can defend what McElroy said about his team mates. Their is no room on any team for a guy that sells out his locker room IMO. I would see him as a low life for that alone. Maybe a nice guy yeah I don't know but he is a ****ty team mate. As for Mark yeah OK maybe just a quitter. I can't see how the staff can sell him coming back next year. The lock room has supported him though even Holmes. He is just garbage. I still think he is a quitter. Maybe that make him just that.

All League
    I don't think they bring in a guy like Young. He has never shown that he can be an adequate QB and more importantly, a leader. While Moore may be an option, I think Flynn, or even Cassell will be released and we can sign them as a less expensive option.

Then I agree with the poster that said we take a QB in round 2. That could be with our 2 or with a pick we receive by trading Revis, after trading down.

My best guess would be Barkley, Wilson, or Nassib. I don't know enough about Glennon and if he is a fit for the WCO.

In this scenario, Sanchez and Flynn battle for the starting spot. If Flynn wins the job, it will be Sanchez or McElroy getting cut.

They're gonna sign someone like Jason Campbell for cheap and yank Sanchez the second he looks like he's a deer in the headlights again. So long as they have to pay Sanchez they're not going to spend a lot for another QB. Flynn is out of the question unless Seattle is crazy enough to take Sanchez off our hands, which they're not.

the jets will not go through another season with mark sanchez at qb. believe what you want. rex and woody want him gone. they basically fired tanny over sanchezs ridiculous contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    The real question lies in who is evaluating the prospective QB's in this draft. The concensus is they're all pretty much inadequate from most major reports, however I bet at least one or two pan out. The big problem I see is we still have the same people evaluating QB's since the days of Herm. Our scouting department is largely intact. The same guys who picked Clemens, Sanchez, McElroy, Ainge, Bollinger, etc.. are all still here. To me this is where the problem lies. Maybe Morningweg has some say now, who knows. But bottom line is I'm betting one or two of these QB's in this years draft are better than people think, and some team is going to end up looking like geniuses. I doubt it's us.
    This.

Rookie
    1. cut Tebow and sign Matt Moore
    2. do not waste a draft pick on any of these jag QB's.
    3. get QB Jeff Tuel as an UDFA
    3. go offense 1st three rounds and target RB Stepfan Taylor in the 3rd.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Ever heard of Peyton Manning or Drew Brees?
    How about Brett Farve. I heard he had a pretty good career after being traded. Technically Eli was traded too... and Elway

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the jets will not go through another season with mark sanchez at qb. believe what you want. rex and woody want him gone. they basically fired tanny over sanchezs ridiculous contract.
    For a guy not looking to be ridiculed, you're making it rather difficult. Sanchez cannot be cut because of the very same ridiculous contract you speak of. Vince Young is done, Tebow is gone(hopefully we get a pick), we're signing a FA(hopefully Matt Moore), and maybe drafting one if the draft falls right(Nassib in the 2nd?). Hassleback, and Palmer would actually be good temporary fixes, but we can't afford them. Brunell was like a 44 year old scrambler.

The two names we've been hearing/talking about for months, both light years better than Vince Young:

Matt Moore or Tarvaris Jackson.

Carson Palmer is an interesting name, but I highly doubt Oakland gives up on him after only 1.5 years. If anything he'll be restructured and kept for one last go around in 2013. Anyone who thinks Terrele Pryor is beating Palmer out has a few screws loose.

Veteran

Nick Foles?!!

I'd call the Eagles and see what they would want for Nick Foles. With Vick signed, he may be expendable. He played pretty well last year for Mornhinweg and is a WCO QB. I'd give up a 3 or 4. I'd rather have him than waste a pick on an unknown rookie.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I'd call the Eagles and see what they would want for Nick Foles. With Vick signed, he may be expendable. He played pretty well last year for Mornhinweg and is a WCO QB. I'd give up a 3 or 4. I'd rather have him than waste a pick on an unknown rookie.
    With Vick's injury and turnover issues, I would highly doubt the Eagles would let Foles go.

Eagles have him on the cheap and he provides insurance.

Like it or not, Sanchez is here for 2013 season. New OC and QB coach will try to work with him to see if he's salvageable. That said, DO NOT waste $ on a veteran "never -has-been" QB. Instead, draft one (my preferece is Tyler Bray), let him watch and learn for the year, and if BUTT-BOY spits the bit again, you have McElroy to play remainder of season. By drafting a QB, 2-3 round, you are putting Sanchez on notice this is his last chance. That should be all teh "competition" he needs. He is playing for his NFL future, not just a job with the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    With Vick's injury and turnover issues, I would highly doubt the Eagles would let Foles go.

Eagles have him on the cheap and he provides insurance.
    Yes, but how well does he fit in their new system?

I heard someone suggest V.Young and thought it wasn't a bad idea as a no risk flyer. Remember that Marty M had him in Philly so if the Jets don't bring him in, you know Marty wasn't impressed with what he saw.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Yes, but how well does he fit in their new system?
    That's true, probably not very well in a WCO.

But I still think the Eagles keep him as insurance in case something happens to Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's true, probably not very well in a WCO.

But I still think the Eagles keep him as insurance in case something happens to Vick.
    I think it all depends on if they draft a QB which I think they will. Vick is only there one more year so if they can get Landry or Manuel in the 2nd I think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Like it or not, Sanchez is here for 2013 season. New OC and QB coach will try to work with him to see if he's salvageable. That said, DO NOT waste $ on a veteran "never -has-been" QB. Instead, draft one (my preferece is Tyler Bray), let him watch and learn for the year, and if BUTT-BOY spits the bit again, you have McElroy to play remainder of season. By drafting a QB, 2-3 round, you are putting Sanchez on notice this is his last chance. That should be all teh "competition" he needs. He is playing for his NFL future, not just a job with the Jets.
    I see no way Sanchez starts another full season. He sucks, why cant people see this? I think Idzik will not be afraid to either eat Sanchez salary or just relegate him to 3rd on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think it all depends on if they draft a QB which I think they will. Vick is only there one more year so if they can get Landry or Manuel in the 2nd I think they do.
    It definitely won't be Landry with Chip Kelly there. If the Eagles can land Manuel at the top of the second or third round, they'll pull the trigger and then look for a trading partner for Foles.