Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: qb options.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I see no way Sanchez starts another full season. He sucks, why cant people see this? I think Idzik will not be afraid to either eat Sanchez salary or just relegate him to 3rd on the depth chart.
    I'm just curious. Is the depth chart the GM's call or the HC/OC's call?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brunell was a dinosaur, lol. Palmer and Hassellbeck might be older, but they can still play. They'd be much better options than Failchez. Young isn't a bad option, though. I'd rather not have to deal with the Vince Young Suicide Watch 2013 campaign, though.
    Just put in his contract if he kills himself the jets won't let him play anymore or at best he's on the bench permanently..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Just put in his contract if he kills himself the jets won't let him play anymore or at best he's on the bench permanently..
    We've already got enough dead weight QBs on the bench.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And he becomes a deep sleeper in fantasy leagues

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Head Coach, but hopefully Idzik will "counsel" Rex to reconsider his blind allegiance to some veteran players.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez is here to stay for the length of his contract i just cant see anyone trading for him and paying him all that money.

so who do we bring in for competition and ultimately to start the 2013 season.

again discussion purposes only. not looking to be attacked ridiculed trolled on the usual.

tebow-mcelroy-sanchez battle it out in camp or

vince young who can run and throw in the wco.
    So you take a trio of QBs who produced among the lowest outputs in the league last year. Then you add Vince Young. And it's 2013. Sounds like pretty much guaranteed winning to me!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the great dilemma. Rex is going to try to win at all costs next year without a care in the world for 2014 and beyond. Meaning, if it comes down to a jag vet playing over a rookie, then he is going to play the jag. This is the season he either gets extended or fired. He will have no patience for rookies playing, specifically at QB.

Idzik job this year will be to realize this. He HAS to bring in someone who will beat out Sanchez or Sanchez will have a 5th season as the starter.

In fact, he has to do it with every position. If I am the GM, I am parting ways with every player that I foresee not being on the team in 2014 and beyond. Now of course we have to consider the cap, but no sense keeping aging jags around and taking up valuable playing time from younger players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any decent veteran QB that the FO brings in will certainly beat out Sanchez for the starting job. Sanchez will spend his last season in the NFL riding the bench.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. cut Tebow and sign Matt Moore
    2. do not waste a draft pick on any of these jag QB's.
    3. get QB Jeff Tuel as an UDFA
    3. go offense 1st three rounds and target RB Stepfan Taylor in the 3rd.
    Tuel will be drafted. If not for his durability concerns I think he'd be pretty high on a lot of draft boards. Aside from an average arm he is a pretty smart gaming QB with good skills and great accuracy. He will look good for anyone who works him out and in pro day. I could actually see someone jumping on him early in like the 3-4th rounds his up side is pretty good. I don't really buy him going UD. If he is still on the board in the 7th someone will pick him up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Any decent veteran QB that the FO brings in will certainly beat out Sanchez for the starting job. Sanchez will spend his last season in the NFL riding the bench.
    exactly and that qb could be vince young on the cheap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps Foles will be available

@CBSSports: RT @EyeOnNFL: Chip Kelly and Dennis Dixon reunite: Eagles sign QB to two-year deal - http://t.co/k3AcgIya

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roto World is saying the Seahawks are probably going to take whatever they can get for Flynn. late round pick, offer them a 5th and see what happens?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Roto World is saying the Seahawks are probably going to take whatever they can get for Flynn. late round pick, offer them a 5th and see what happens?
    In a heartbeat. This is far and away the best option for the Jets QB situation in 2013 due to cap concerns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    In a heartbeat. This is far and away the best option for the Jets QB situation in 2013 due to cap concerns.
    But if you get him in a trade you get his contract too. What is his contract #?

Not saying he is the answer or better option but Foles has more NFL game experience, is cheaper, knows Mornhinwegs system and Mornhinweg knows what Foles can and can't do

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Not saying he is the answer or better option but Foles has more NFL game experience, is cheaper, knows Mornhinwegs system and Mornhinweg knows what Foles can and can't do
    C, why would Foles be cheaper? He was a 3rd round pick in last years draft, and makes less $$ than Flynn...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Flynn signed for 3 years / $19.50 million.

He'll make $5.25 million in 2013 and $6.25 in 2014.

Each year addition $2.0 million will count agianst the cap due to his prorated $6.0 million signing bounus.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    C, why would Foles be cheaper? He was a 3rd round pick in last years draft, and makes less $$ than Flynn...
    Didn't I write Foles is cheaper?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't I write Foles is cheaper?
    Oh, I though you meant cheaper, as in draft pick compensation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Matt Flynn signed for 3 years / $19.50 million.

He'll make $5.25 million in 2013 and $6.25 in 2014.

Each year addition $2.0 million will count agianst the cap due to his prorated $6.0 million signing bounus.
    The signing bonus proration only effects Seattle. The Matt Flynn scenario at QB is ideal for the Jets. 5 Million is cheap for your starting QB. Flynn has as much upside as anyone in this years draft and is more NFL ready. It really is a no brainer to get this guy particularly with Izdiks connections with Seattle.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The signing bonus proration only effects Seattle.
    You are correct.