Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: qb options.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

qb options.

sanchez is here to stay for the length of his contract i just cant see anyone trading for him and paying him all that money.

so who do we bring in for competition and ultimately to start the 2013 season.

again discussion purposes only. not looking to be attacked ridiculed trolled on the usual.

tebow-mcelroy-sanchez battle it out in camp or

vince young who can run and throw in the wco.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Let Sanchez start and finish the season. Mac can back him up and take a QB in the mid to late rounds with the hope he can develop into a starter.

This guarantees us Bridgewater! And if the mid-late draft pick pans out then we have a nice trading chip.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll be replacing Tebow; McElroy will stay as the 3rd string QB; Sanchez will compete in camp with a vet signing. Couple of guys like Hassellbeck or Palmer might be FA options.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i cant see the jets basically laying down for a season. theres alot of tickets to sell. if they are going to try and build a decent team on the cheap vince young may be worth a look.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We'll be replacing Tebow; McElroy will stay as the 3rd string QB; Sanchez will compete in camp with a vet signing. Couple of guys like Hassellbeck or Palmer might be FA options.
    hassellbeck and palmer are 2 old guys. i dont think rex will do a brunell ii again.

vince young is available and i know he can beat sanchez for the starting job here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brunell was a dinosaur, lol. Palmer and Hassellbeck might be older, but they can still play. They'd be much better options than Failchez. Young isn't a bad option, though. I'd rather not have to deal with the Vince Young Suicide Watch 2013 campaign, though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will not only sign a veteran but also draft a QB in the second round. If Sanchez stays Mcelroy is a goner they aren't keeping 4 QB's on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A QB in the second round? Who?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A QB in the second round? Who?
    Whoever falls to them that's highest on their board. Other option is to trade into bottom of first to secure their guy. I can guarantee you though a QB will be drafted which doesn't leave room for Mcelroy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i cant see the jets basically laying down for a season. theres alot of tickets to sell. if they are going to try and build a decent team on the cheap vince young may be worth a look.
    Vince Young is most likely never throwing another pass in the NFL. He is not an option.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Vince Young is most likely never throwing another pass in the NFL. He is not an option.
    we wouldnt have to trade for him and give up anything. invite him to camp and take it from there. i feel confident he can beat out any current jets qb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we wouldnt have to trade for him and give up anything. invite him to camp and take it from there. i feel confident he can beat out any current jets qb.
    People here are complaining that Sanchez can't read a defense. Young can't read a playbook .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You draft QBs till you find one. Look around the league, how many of the legit franchise QBs were not drafted by their current team? Schaub and Cutler are the only ones that come to mind.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You draft QBs till you find one. Look around the league, how many of the legit franchise QBs were not drafted by their current team? Schaub and Cutler are the only ones that come to mind.
    Ever heard of Peyton Manning or Drew Brees?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Whoever falls to them that's highest on their board. Other option is to trade into bottom of first to secure their guy. I can guarantee you though a QB will be drafted which doesn't leave room for Mcelroy.
    I highly doubt we take a QB in the second, if at all. Only see it happening if Nassib falls to us (since we're reportedly high on him).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see a trade for Flynn as the most likely scenario. There is also the possibility that Geno Smith could fall to 9. Its tough to say right now. I'm confident that Sanchez will not be the starter next season. He clearly doesn't have the mental fortitude for the position. Folds up like a cheap suit at the first sign of adversity. It's a lost cause.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Ever heard of Peyton Manning or Drew Brees?
    Forgot about Brees, but the Manning situation was a once in generation type of move.

So what retread QB is going to turn into Brees?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    geno smith will be there at 9.

get rid of sanchez i dont want him anywhere around any rookie qb.

sign young on the cheap he is far from done. he was in a bad situation and had some issues which im sure are resolved by now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Forgot about Brees, but the Manning situation was a once in generation type of move.

So what retread QB is going to turn into Brees?
    I didn't say one would. I was just responding to a statement that was wrong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt we take a QB in the second, if at all. Only see it happening if Nassib falls to us (since we're reportedly high on him).
    Better chance of Jets drafting a QB in the first round than not at all. Teams with a bottom 5 starting QB don't not draft a QB in th early rounds.